Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

Reality Check

Many, many people on here are creating threads, commenting on existing threads regarding our strike force etc.

"What does this mean for Holt if RVW signs" - It''s even getting to the point where people are suggesting he''l now be a squad player etc. Excuse my atheism but, what the hell?

Wolfswinkle hasn''t even signed yet, it''s only reports coming from the Portuguese Press and now being circulated in our media (which we all know, will print anything they get hold of).

How many times do we see the media publish "so and so going to so and so".

Until we hear from the club, let''s get a little excited however concentrate on what we do have.

It seems a bit bizarre to me that we''d spend this money (even if its not all of the fee) this side of the transfer window with relegation still not out of the question.

Can we even afford RVW''s salary??? What about the apparent squad harmony which is consistently mentioned.

I can''t help but feel someones lit a fire without a match here

And stop bashing Holt, he''s better at football than you are.

I was thinking of posting something along similar lines Renegade. It had occurred to me that maybe Sporting have leaked this out in a desperate attempt to start an early auction for RVW - given that they''re in the financial mire and all that.

Like you - I won''t believe it until it''s confirmed by the Club.

Maybe the OP should have read some of the other threads (with the valuable comments of Polen, etc.), took on board what they said instead of starting yet another pointless, ''add nothing'' thread?

So now Sporting have confirmed in a letter to the Portugese Stock Market that they "are in negotiations" with Norwich over the transfer. To my mind this just confirms that they are trying to start an auction and that us signing him is very far from being a certainty.

It''s no different to (insert any player''s name here) being mentioned in the press about possibly signing, at any other time of the year. It happens. Fans then discuss it. It happens.

This seems to have a lot more ''meat on the bones'' and as he has been mentioned back in January,may (or may not) have a bit more about it.

As for wages, well I will trust that the McNallys of the world have thought and planned these sort of things.

As for squad harmony, the fact that the Captain of the team put a transfer request in last year doesn''t seem to have affected anything.

People are not bashing Holt, they are just seeing what may happen if RVW signs. Some people just wish Holt could score as many goals as he did in League 1, and the Championship, and last year. Tactics etc have influenced that side of things.

It''s no different to (insert any player''s name here) being mentioned in the press about possibly signing, at any other time of the year. It happens. Fans then discuss it. It happens.

This seems to have a lot more ''meat on the bones'' and as he has been mentioned back in January,may (or may not) have a bit more about it.

As for wages, well I will trust that the McNallys of the world have thought and planned these sort of things.

As for squad harmony, the fact that the Captain of the team put a transfer request in last year doesn''t seem to have affected anything.

People are not bashing Holt, they are just seeing what may happen if RVW signs. Some people just wish Holt could score as many goals as he did in League 1, and the Championship, and last year. Tactics etc have influenced that side of things.

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]So now Sporting have confirmed in a letter to the Portugese Stock Market that they "are in negotiations" with Norwich over the transfer. To my mind this just confirms that they are trying to start an auction and that us signing him is very far from being a certainty.[/quote]The letter will be needed to calm fears on the stock market that the club is about to go bust and to stop it effectively becoming worthless.

Maybe Joanna Gray should have read some of the things said in this thread (with the valuable comments of Polen, etc.), took on board what was said instead of adding yet another pointless, ''attack the OP'' comment

The reality is that the club is clearly negotiating with sporting concerning a quality player.    Whether it comes off or not is another matter but it shows that we are targetting quality young talent that should significantly improve the quality and depth of our playing squad.

That has to be celebrated as the start of what I am anticipating to be an exciting close season ahead.

COYY

"Maybe Joanna Gray should have read some of the things said in this thread (with the valuable comments of Polen, etc.), took on board what was said instead of adding yet another pointless, ''attack the OP'' comment"

Say what? You raised a couple of points that could have been put into the RVW thread and another couple of questions that have already been answered in that same thread.