Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

I know anyone can look good on YouTube but.....

Our new signing looks the business. A lot of his goals in the 11-12 season were penalties, but you still have to put them away. Looks like the kind of player we need. I just hope further investment will be made to improve the supply to him. All in all though a very exciting signing.

There may have been plenty of penalties, although the YouTube collection showed about two or three in perhaps 20. What I liked about the goals was his willingness and ability to score with either foot and from distance. Particularly impressive were the goals scored from within the penalty area, when he hit the top or lower corner with great accuracy and giving the keeper little chance.

If we can make some signings which improve the speed and quality of supply, then I think he could score regularly. Recently our apporach has sometimes been laboured, with the result that defnders were all back marking. We now seem to have a cutting edge, which CH has been speaking about most of the season. I hope that he has now begun to think about possible central midfielders, as well as wide men and venturesome fullbacks.