Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

It's official!

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/van-wolfswinkel-deal-agreed-729919.aspx

Set to sign a four year contract! Sweeeet.

Four years! My new shirt will look awesome. What a signing, I seriously cannot wait.

I think this is the first time I''ve seriously been very, very excited for a player since hucks.

I hope he impresses.

McNally also said on Twitter that Norwich expected to be "very busy" in the transfer window. With the influx of money set to come in if we stay up, very, very exciting times for the club!

That happened faster than I expected :) Not happy for his assumed price, but he can be worth it or even worth double of it for us and I probably wouldnt be happy with any start players price so marqueese signings would always get same comment from me ^^

Also with that wacky name he will be number 1 in shirt selling soon I bet plus we get some dutch eyes on us for extra commercial profit.

Cant wait to see him show us his magical touch!

[quote user="Lavanche"]That happened faster than I expected :) Not happy for his assumed price, but he can be worth it or even worth double of it for us and I probably wouldnt be happy with any start players price so marqueese signings would always get same comment from me ^^

Also with that wacky name he will be number 1 in shirt selling soon I bet plus we get some dutch eyes on us for extra commercial profit.

Cant wait to see him show us his magical touch![/quote]£8m i believe. I think its a bargain for what he will give us. Quality is expensive. There arent many Michu bargains out there, so this is pretty much the going rate, if we want to kick on.£8m is what Blackburn paid for Rhodes, Liverpool paid £11m for Borini and Southampton £7.2m for Rodriguez. Comparing it to those deals, i think its good business.Hooper to follow is my prediction.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Lavanche"]That happened faster than I expected :) Not happy for his assumed price, but he can be worth it or even worth double of it for us and I probably wouldnt be happy with any start players price so marqueese signings would always get same comment from me ^^

Cant wait to see him show us his magical touch![/quote]£8m i believe. I think its a bargain for what he will give us. Quality is expensive. There arent many Michu bargains out there, so this is pretty much the going rate, if we want to kick on.£8m is what Blackburn paid for Rhodes, Liverpool paid £11m for Borini and Southampton £7.2m for Rodriguez. Comparing it to those deals, i think its good business.Hooper to follow is my prediction.[/quote]

Hooper only if Holt goes the other way, as there is better value out there. Kei and a marquee midfielder for me

Very excited, been following rvw for a while. Coyy!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Lavanche"]That happened faster than I expected :) Not happy for his assumed price, but he can be worth it or even worth double of it for us and I probably wouldnt be happy with any start players price so marqueese signings would always get same comment from me ^^

Cant wait to see him show us his magical touch![/quote]£8m i believe. I think its a bargain for what he will give us. Quality is expensive. There arent many Michu bargains out there, so this is pretty much the going rate, if we want to kick on.£8m is what Blackburn paid for Rhodes, Liverpool paid £11m for Borini and Southampton £7.2m for Rodriguez. Comparing it to those deals, i think its good business.Hooper to follow is my prediction.[/quote]

Heh yeah compared to those signings this was a crime from us.

I cant see Hooper comming without one of our current trio leaving first. RvW will most likley go +30k per week group in his wages and Hooper would be in same category. Too expensive to keep Holt, Becchio and Kamara on the bench.

Also Kamara/Holt - Van Wolfswinkel sounds better combination than Hooper and him, if you compare their strenghts.

The singing is a huge sign of intent and the key thing is that he is better than what we have.The January signings seemed to add to our squad but not in quality, as at this moment in time, Holty is arguably our best forward still.I cant see Kamara staying, a loan to the end of the season is job done. If RVW gets injured next year or we play 2 up top, we still need to strengthen the area.Vaughan, Martin and maybe Holt could easily be off, opening the way for Hooper and other players of similar ilk.I dont think wages of £30k are an issue. We pay more than that now. If we want to go to the next level, we need to continue paying that for the quality that we will need. A back up player of our that i expect to go in the summer is on £17k. That i know for a fact.Despite his poor return since Jan, i still think Hooper would be a good signing and more importantly, would add quality to the squad.

[e user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?"]

Thanks Polen.

BTW. do you have any other good players in the following positions:

- striker (need more than one!)

- central midfield - has to be class at passing and tackling

- left midfield  - has to be class at passing and tackling

- left back

- centre back

[/q

Glad you mention that.

We have a hugeee player.

Eric dier. British player who came very young with his family to Portugal.

Captain of england under 19 or 20 i believe.

19 years old. Central defender as natural position. Now playing also has defensive midfielder.

To be honest dont know why pl clubs are so blind regardind this player....

Gk rui patricio. Gk of Portugal National team.

Bruma. 17 or 18 years. Great hot prospect.

With his head on place, a new nani for sure in 2 years.

Already playing in 1 st team

Regarding rvw salary. Here in portugal it was around 60k...per month

can u sit ---

cant agree - Kamara will replace jackson next season.

i''d expect like most a swap - holt for hooper.

vaughan will be sold, no idea of replacement.

martin is as good as gone it seems, loan til the end of the season where his contract runs to an end.

Abso-fecking-bloody-lutely wonderful news!

RVW, Kei, Holt, Becchio. Sorted.

Hooper - no thanks.

Now for the supply line ...

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]can u sit ---

cant agree - Kamara will replace jackson next season.

i''d expect like most a swap - holt for hooper.

vaughan will be sold, no idea of replacement.

martin is as good as gone it seems, loan til the end of the season where his contract runs to an end.[/quote]sorry add Jacko to my leaving list too. Just cant see Kamara sigining. Think its a sentimental thing for fans.

I am so happy with this signing. He has averaged just below a goal every other game in both the Dutch and Portuguese top flights.Has European experience in the Europa as well, I remember watching him for Utrecht v Liverpool a couple of years ago and then have been watching him since. Has the potential to be the best striker we have ever had

Great sign of intent from the board and also we have to give credit to McNally as they were wanting double this in January

The other ins and outs will be interesting come the summer. I will be waiting for a free shirt printing offer next season and will get for the first time since I got Nedergaard on the back of the old red away kit to get a players name on my shirt

I think potentially we have a £20m player on our hands. Great signing and should get the players thinking that some of them are playing for their Ncfc futures.

5 years ago, on deadline day, I recall sitting infront of the TV waiting or us to make the signing that would keep us out of trouble that season. We got Antoine Sibierski, on loan, and relegation.

To sign a player for €10, in March, 5 years later is incredible. What an amazing job has been done by everyone at the club to transform our fortunes so quickly.

I''m a little stunned by it to be honest.

Great signing. Finally a bit of quality. However what happens if we were relegated this season? I can''t imagine he''s want to play 2nd division football. Furthermore we surely couldn''t afford to keep him.

What''s the betting that some sort of clause has been negotiated by RVW party??

Hope it''s all irrelevant as next season in the prem will be so exciting with this caliber of player.

There is at least one person on this thread who threw their toys out of their pram on transfer deadline day and had some rather harsh things to say about McNally. Humble pie for breakfast for some.

Well done to all concerned. A truly ambitious move.

Gobsmacked by this. We got used to early signings under Lambo but this has come out of the blue. What a coup! Well done CH, Mcnally and the board!

Just checked him out on youtube as you do. Quite excited, good range of goals, two good feet, a good head and he can tuck penalties away by the seems of things.

Great news! We have lacked a quick (I mean off the mark rather than 50 yards) striker who can hit the top corner while shooting from anywhere in the penalty area, and with either foot. The video of his goals shows him doing this again and again. He is tall and useful with headers.

Some have described him as rather slight and in need of muscle. I''m not sure of this. Holt has muscle but has shown disappointing returns this season. In the Premiership skill and technique are more important, which is why I doubt that Vaughan will return to us, or play much.

Like the Mounties, Hughton gets his man!. Now we need a powerful and creative midfielder, and cover at LB, and we shall be motoring! I suspect that CH is already working on this and other positions, to judge from McN comment that there will be other signings in the summer.

Now all we need is to maintain our status in the Premiership!

Have to say i don''t know a great deal about him as a player but goal scoring record is excellent.

Most importantly, it is a statement of intent from the club that we are going to compete with other premier league clubs and not just settle for cheaper players who wil have to, in reality, play beyond their ability but instead make quality acquisitions.

I know some are querying the fee but thats relatively cheap for a quality international striker. This is especially true if other articles are true that he was being monitored by spurs, Man U etc and that he apparently had an €18m release clause so that would have been minimum they would have expected if they weren''t in financial trouble. The fact we have done deal now so they can pay wages suggests McNally has been typically ruthless to secure the best deal for ncfc.