Sign in to follow this  
henrik

The best thing about this signing

..is the timing. What a fantastic message to send out to everybody. I mean, if anyone was wavering on season ticket renewals, this will perhaps convince them to renew. Also with a quality striker already in the bag, in March (can''t believe we''ve started our summer transfer activity already) it send out a positive message to other potential quality signings that NCFC means business next year so any doubts they might have had about our ambition is hopefully snuffed out before they were even thought of. Same applies to our current best players that maybe might hae had some thoughts about moving on to a more ambitious club, i.e. players like Bassong or Snodgrass, hopefully now they will feel reassured that NCFC is the place for them to be. It will also hopefully give us fans a shot in the arm to really get behind the team to push us over the finishing line this season.Good news all round, now lets get over the finishing line this season, onwards and upwards!

I was thinking a similar thing. This could be a psychological boost to push us on and finish this season on a high. Good stuff.

With the signing, and several of our players ar least on the periphery of interntional teams and Ruddy when fit, we are beginning to look like a solid Premiership team with (some) prospect of challenging for European football. As you say, it shows intent and ambition! This must surely make it easietr to sign other premium players.

I thought this too. As this could potentially start a influx of talented players seeing us as a high profile club. All it takes is one major coup and things can eacalate from there. We go on about player greed in this world, but at the end of the day players want to be in a team which has the potential to push for honours

I just hope we can sign 2-3 marquee signings after this.

This will also push our strikers on. They have their case to prove and a few games to do it.

this should also show us whats going through holts mind. Either it will give him a kick up the jacksy, or he will just look as though hes given up

I think the addition of KK and Becchio has already pushed our attack on and this will help as well. If it wasn''t for the KK and Holt goals against Everton and the KK and Wes goal at Sunderland I doubt that RVW would have signed yesterday. A sobering thought if ever there was one!

One thing that I can''t get out of my head is that this signing may well be the clincher (IF there was ever one needed!) for John Ruddy to stay.

I know I am not the only one to have heard rumours about Arsenal £8m, etc, but this may well be the clincher as a sign of intent, where this great Club of ours, is wanting to go.

Massive statement of intent, will help attract players in the summer and keep hold of the likes of Snod, Ruddy, Bassong. Targeting top half next season?

Yes, very good news indeed and a valuable addition to the squad to give great competition for the attacking positions. Now he just has to score plenty of goals for us next season, which with any luck he will do!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]One thing that I can''t get out of my head is that this signing may well be the clincher (IF there was ever one needed!) for John Ruddy to stay.

I know I am not the only one to have heard rumours about Arsenal £8m, etc, but this may well be the clincher as a sign of intent, where this great Club of ours, is wanting to go.[/quote]Ruddy was on SSN this afternoon and was asked what RVW''s signing said about the club''s future. He might not be the most animated speaker but he sounded like he was excited about the future at the club and looking forward to building on the last two years.

Good point. This must have been a very complicated deal to agree. If has a serious or career ending injury before 1july is the deal cancelled? Is there an escape clause if we go down?

Think we have paid them circa £3m now. And he will complete a medical at the end of the season and all the final paperwork completed on when the window opens, when the rest of the fee will be paid.. If he gets a serious injury and subsequently fails the medical we could either persist with the signing or we''ve lost £3m on this deal.

If god forbid we get relegated then i have no idea what the outcome would be. Whatever happens Sporting will get £3m from us.