Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Van Wolfswinkel reportedly joining

Don''t know much about him except what I have read on here but sounds like a really good quality signing. It also shows a lot of ambition from the club and which will help boost the team for the remainder of the season. Psychologically of course.

Well done the club.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]The latest World Soccer has a feature on the 100 most wanted players this summer. They are not ranked but in there is "our" Ricky!!!

Just confirms how rubbish he must be. The doubters must be correct. After all, what does World Soccer know ?[/quote]

So, only 99 left! Great news that we''ve signed such a top class player and great news that we move amongst the elite in Europe.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]The latest World Soccer has a feature on the 100 most wanted players this summer. They are not ranked but in there is "our" Ricky!!!

Just confirms how rubbish he must be. The doubters must be correct. After all, what does World Soccer know ?[/quote]

So, only 99 left! Great news that we''ve signed such a top class player and great news that we move amongst the elite in Europe.

Will he be equally delighted lining up away to Brentford next season?

Just made the point on another thread if we were to go down surely there must be some sort of clause allowing RVW to move on? Could this be our first signing never to play for us?!!

Fantastic signing though. Potentially our best ever.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Just made the point on another thread if we were to go down surely there must be some sort of clause allowing RVW to move on? Could this be our first signing never to play for us?!!

[/quote]

Is there anything the club can do that will make you happy, Chuckles?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote] Is there anything the club can do that will make you happy, Chuckles?[/quote]

Im very happy with this signing. Absolutely over the moon. I''m just curious as to whether RVW has enforced a clause wherby he can leave if we go down? He surely would never sign for us in the championship so while there is still a chance of relegation I would find it strange if RVW hasn''t protected himself in some way.

If we stay up then the prospect of RVW playing for us in the premiership is mouth watering. A similar quality midfielder and winger will put us in good shape for a more exciting season.

Lincoln, I agree that an exciting winger, class midfielder and another class striker can move us forward going forward. But we also need garrido or that other left back.

This signing is superb and it is player of a value of 5 million that now we are looking to bring in, hence why I think kk may be slightly short on quality. But again if holty did go then kk is a replacement for holt and another striker comes in. I think holty will stay and want to stay but this signing is hopefully the intent of a stable premiership team.

Build around him and our good defence and we are moving in the right direction, sorry an amazing direction.

I agree our current crowd of players have to get over the edge and that is still very tough, whether this signing will lift them is another thing as I would think a few of our players are playing for there futures, so if they cannot perform now then questions will be asked. But it is perfectly built up now for the Wigan game. Snoddy can come back from international duty and the boys can continue to plan for that game.

Presumably if it wasn''t for our fans'' woeful lack of ambition holding us back we would have signed someone half-decent instead of this fancy-dan nonentity from a two-bit league.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]It''s all jolly exciting! [/quote]

[Y]

Kei, Garrido and a new central midfielder and thats the core of what we need done.

The tweets from foulger and mcnally last night also confirm that he wont be that last - such a tense frustrating close season to come :-)

Great news to wake up to this morning, gives out a strong message that we mean business and have ambition.

Well done to everyone involved [:)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Presumably if it wasn''t for our fans'' woeful lack of ambition holding us back we would have signed someone half-decent instead of this fancy-dan nonentity from a two-bit league.[/quote][:D] [:D] [:D]

And Polen - a personal thank you for the excellent insight you have given to us as sporting fan/game watcher of his capability and what was going in in Lisboa both this week and back in Jan,  in the face of some over enthusiastic challenges from some on here.

I hope you continue to follow RvW future next year in a canary yellow shirt :-) 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

And Polen - a personal thank you for the excellent insight you have given to us as sporting fan/game watcher of his capability and what was going in in Lisboa both this week and back in Jan,  in the face of some over enthusiastic challenges from some on here.

I hope you continue to follow RvW future next year in a canary yellow shirt :-) 

[/quote]Agree. It''s not often we get a fan from an overseas transfer target on here especially one with such sensible comments.As Zipper says I hope you will continue to follow RVW''s progress in the Premier League next season.Thanks again.