Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Van Wolfswinkel reportedly joining

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]Before we get carried away I believe the deal might be subject to us retaining our Premiership League status...I don''t think he would want to be playing Championship football next season if our fate ultimately becomes sealed.
[/quote]

Well it looks as if you for one are not getting carried away with such a negative outlook.

[/quote]

I don''t base my thinking around delusion just realism!!!
[/quote]

take it you don''t get to go to  many matches then?

Haven''t seen that JG. Who is reporting it? I notice the latest Pink''Un article says that negotiations are taking place in London, so we may hear something more definite today.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Haven''t seen that JG. Who is reporting it? I notice the latest Pink''Un article says that negotiations are taking place in London, so we may hear something more definite today.[/quote]

The talks were in London on Wednesday because Sporting Lisborn had a ''Next Gen'' game against Tottenham that night at White Hart Lane (basically a U23 version of the Champions'' League).

My opinion is talks were probably successfully concluded that day and Sporting''s announcment to the Stock Market was a formality. Clubs don''t reveal things to the stock market unless they are 99% sure.

"Haven''t seen that JG. Who is reporting it? I notice the latest Pink''Un article says that negotiations are taking place in London, so we may hear something more definite today. "

Strangely enough I can''t find the tweets anymore! Several all quoting (linking) to the same Portuguese website.

I love it, it''s a wonderful statement of intent from the club and shows that we really do want to progress and develop our football even further. An exciting signing, and I can see a lot of clubs glowing with envy already. I''m excited to end this season and crack on with the next already.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Without wishing to mention the elephant in the room, doesn''t any of this depend on us being in the Premiership next season??[/quote]Without wishing to sound like a keyboard warrior, do you honestly think you''re the first person to mention that in 15 pages?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Without wishing to mention the elephant in the room, doesn''t any of this depend on us being in the Premiership next season??[/quote]

Of course - but what are the realistic chances of relegation? Would have to lose at least 5 of the remaining 8 games. Norwich have only lost 10 times all season. Would take a massive turn around of form for relegation to happen - might as well negotiate the deals now to get a march on our rivals.

Also, if relegated and still tied into the deal - Norwich could always sell him straight away.

If the transfer has been completed or is completed before the 6th April 2013 then apart from improving the squad it is a good bit of tax planning. Reduce the Corporation tax bill  relating to 2012 - 13 tax year and have a bit more cash to spend on transfers during the next tax year. Well done to all those involved.

OTBC!

We should all consider also the massive physiological effect announcing a signing like this can have on the club and us supporters for the rum in.

Not only a great bit of business but also  shows clubs faith in Hughton and galvanises supporters behind him for the next 8 games, ensuring we get over the line with a positive feeling. Also send message to those forwards that you have 8 games to show you should be here next season.

Good work on many levels the board,,,,

And it also highlights to other potential players on Hughtons list for the summer that we are about moving up the table rather than consolidating.

MacNally, Hughton and the board have certainly delivered the goods and I said back in January I would rather wait and buy in the summer than over pay for Hooper.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Without wishing to mention the elephant in the room, doesn''t any of this depend on us being in the Premiership next season??[/quote]

Elephant or dormouse?

I know which I think it is. It is good to see that the Club believes we can get 6 points from 8 games even if there are fans who don''t. It''s called ambition and belief and I''m glad McNally has got it.

Elephant or dormouse?

I know which I think it is. It is good to see that the Club believes we can get 6 points from 8 games even if there are fans who don''t. It''s called ambition and belief and I''m glad McNally has got it.

The latest World Soccer has a feature on the 100 most wanted players this summer. They are not ranked but in there is "our" Ricky!!!

Just confirms how rubbish he must be. The doubters must be correct. After all, what does World Soccer know ?

There is no longer a need for quantity of signings, so it would seem the emphasis would be on quality this time around. I''m still holding my breath on the RVW signing until it''s officially announced.

Assuming the deal is done....does anyone know if he will still play for the rest of the season? I have heard Norwich have to pay 3 million up front no matter what happens relegation or what not but if he is injured there is no way we can be stiffed of 3 million can we?

This will be a cracking signing if it comes off but my biggest fear is that another club now tries to tempt them with a bigger offer - after all from Sporting''s position it''s money that matters most - just sayin.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]This will be a cracking signing if it comes off but my biggest fear is that another club now tries to tempt them with a bigger offer - after all from Sporting''s position it''s money that matters most - just sayin.[/quote]

Don''t wet your pants, everything will be good. Fantastic signing, OTBC !!!

"If you can hold your breath until May I''ll be very impressed !"

Except it won''t be until May will it? I assume that we will have the paperwork tied down fairly soon.

Would presume if it is sorted now and we pay £3m up front the club will also take out an insurance policy in case anyhting happens before the summer

According to one Portuguese newspaper with sources close to RVW he is excited to be joining us as he knows he will be playing (and hopefully scoring) most of the time. He expects to be here for one or two seasons before proving himself good enough to get a move to a bigger club.

Do we actually need another striker?

We''ve already got Holt, Kamara, Jackson, Becchio and Hoolahan - plus Martin out on loan.

Besides, the system we play we could have Van Persie in the team and we''d still play one up front and struggle for goals.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Do we actually need another striker?

We''ve already got Holt, Kamara, Jackson, Becchio and Hoolahan - plus Martin out on loan.

Besides, the system we play we could have Van Persie in the team and we''d still play one up front and struggle for goals.[/quote]Is this a serious post?