Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Van Wolfswinkel reportedly joining

To answer Lavanche''s question, £8.5m is an approximation of 10m euros, which is the more definite figure. To put that in perspective, RVW is said to have had a 22m euro buy out clause in his contract, so 10m euros seems to be good value. If Ron is right about the non-refundable £3m, then City must be willing to take that risk. If that isn''t ambition (which Newcastle and Liverpool seem to lack), then I don''t know what is! Fingers crossed.

[quote user="ron obvious"]According to WOTB, we''ve got to pay £3m upfront, conditional on our staying up. And it''s NONREFUNDABLE if we manage to get ourselves relagated.

Could be a bit of a sticking point, if true.[/quote]If that''s true then it shows how much confidence the club have of staying up this season and the planning going forward. I don''t think we''ve ever before had such a good board. Credit to them all.

As we bid £8m this summer on hooper, surely this money would be used to buy RVW, therefore having an entirely new budget next season which will be a whole lot bigger than this seasons due to the new tv money coming in.

I can''t understand so many people slating hooper. He''s a great player, unfortunately for celtic his head has been turned and wants a move to the prem in the summer. The great thing is that we''ll want him more than the likes of spurs for example and will have money for this signing to outbid them (meaning I doubt they''ll spend more than £8m for someone who''s going to sit on the bench for them).

-------------------------------ruddy------------------------------

Martin--------------Turner---------Bassong---------  ? ------

-Snodgrass-------Howson---------Tettey--------Pilkington-

--------------------Hooper----------Van Wolfswinkle--------

Looks good to me. perhaps i''m getting carried away, but if this is true I can see Hooper joining which will be an amazing partnership (not that i''ve seen a great deal of RVW)

I would expect a couple of changes to that Mrs Miggins. Centre Midfield, centre half with Bassong and maybe 2 full backs would be my thoughts

miggins, if we pay anymore than 4m for him it would just be silly money spending. his contract is nearly out and he has done less against cl quality teams this season than holt (and that''s saying something.)

certainly a great buy, but not worth overspending for.

Ive met good people here.

Some even joinned our unofficial forum to better understand the rumours back in january.

Since i dont like to be shoved because of my personal view and belief, any doubts you may have you can always send a pm as im not going to post here on this topic anymore...

Cheers

Certainly looks like we''re close to making our biggest ever signing, if they have announced it to their ''stock market regulator'', though of course until the club announces it we can''t be sure it is on. All we''d need to do is be sure we stayed in the PL....

Great move if true, the guy''s form may have dropped a little recently but you don''t play a full international for Holland unless you are pretty good!

Javier, I think its insane that you would not spend £6m on a goalscorer, someone (if we also sign RVW) can take us to the next level of where we need to be. £50m for Torres is overspending, £20m for Carrol is overspending. £6m for someone who will probably be a hit is not overspending. Have a tad of ambition. £4m on a striker in the UK will not take us anywhere.

[quote user="Canary Willo"]I would expect a couple of changes to that Mrs Miggins. Centre Midfield, centre half with Bassong and maybe 2 full backs would be my thoughts[/quote]

I agree, I just didn''t want to put question marks all over the place except at LB as tierney didn''t impress in his games whereas Garrido has in quite a few. Although I like Garrido for his fantastic crosses, Hughton I might expect may well want someone younger and a bit more solid at the back....don''t know who though

overspending is all relevant. if we spend 6m on a player who many valuate at 4, thats paying 1/2 over the popular valuation.

there is a difference between ambition and paying too much on a striker because he is British. the club were willing to pay a reported 6m when hooper had 18 months on his contract during the over-priced winter window prices, the odds of them offering that again after he was absent (twice) v the only good team he will have played since then, and also only having 12 months on his contract, and combining both of those with the fact that it is the summer window not the winter one, adds up to the equation that 4m will be the most likely, and most sensible, offer.

I think Garrido has done a good job and would be pleased if he signs on, but another LB is needed as Tierney doesn''t seem to feature in CH''s plans. I would also like to see another CB like Curtis Davies or another, and a CM who can defend and attack in the style of Yaya Toure. Not asking much, am I?

ron obvious wrote:

According to WOTB, we''ve got to pay £3m upfront, conditional on our staying up. And it''s NONREFUNDABLE if we manage to get ourselves relagated. Could be a bit of a sticking point, if true.

lappinitup wrote:

If that''s true then it shows how much confidence the club have of staying up this season and the planning going forward. I don''t think we''ve ever before had such a good board. Credit to them all.

This is really intriguing. I can''t see how we could part with £3m while there is a chance of seeing nothing whatsoever in return! Could we end up with some sort of part -ownership? But we''re not allowed to do this over here. Perhaps we could stipulate that, if we did get relegated, our £3m would be refundable when he got sold? It does appear other clubs are interested, so that reduces the risk there (even if we have to take a percentage hit).

If you take each risk as, say 10%, that makes an overall 1% exposure.

Would the board be prepared to do this, or something like it??

Should they?

We live in exciting times!

ron: Most likely before Wolfswinkel and Lisbon would fly here to sign the deal we have played from 2 to 3 if not more games and know quite well where we are.

So I cant see much risk there for the club.

[quote user="ron obvious"]According to WOTB, we''ve got to pay £3m upfront, conditional on our staying up. And it''s NONREFUNDABLE if we manage to get ourselves relagated. Could be a bit of a sticking point, if true.[/quote]

lmfao..we''re not booking a bleedin'' hotel! McNally isn''t so stupid as to literally gamble £3m like that. Christ

Quite agree. But his club are desperate for cash NOW. So there''s got to have to be some hard negotiating. What route that might follow is what I find intriguing...

I think he will be a great signing. I really cant believe that some are moaning about the fee! 1 good season in this league doubles that price.We are seriously lacking goals. If we fix that then we can aim for top 10.But for me, at present, Messi could play in this team and not score. The supply isnt great and we are badly in need of a creative midfielder. Its as important as signing RVW.On a side note, i saw this about RVW on TWTD and it sums the market up perfectly:"They were after Gary Hooper for similar, think RvW at 24 has the

potential to have their value increased with a good season as he''s been

one a lot of clubs have looked at. Also look at Jordan

Rhodes, he''s 1 year younger and cost Blackburn the same money - for that

money Nodge are getting a Dutch international who''s got a good

goalscoring record in 2 different leagues and in European competition. We shall see, but I worry he''s going to turn out to be a bargain...."

IF we get relegated and we''ve already agreed a deal then it''s not terrible. He''s 24 years old and a proven goalscorer, he''ll keep most of his value. This is the reason why I was surprised that we didn''t take advantage of one or two players such as N''Zonzi in the summer who are young and will keep a fairly high value.

Just to add, this is clearly funded by the money we failed to spend in Jan, so expect more of these signings.IMO I think we will get 2/3 more fwds in. I cant see Kamara signing, I think Holt will go. Jackson,Vaughan aand Martin too.RVW, plus 2 more, Becchio, plus one of the Murphy boys as back up.

I think Holt will stay and fight for his place and that Kamara will sign on a perm. It''s evolution not revolution, IMO. Other money available should be spent on midfield and defence to produce a fully PL squad which can deal with injuries and suspensions.

So Javier, if Celtic said Spurs have put their maximum bid in of £4.7m, but Hooper wants to play regular first team football, you wouldn''t get him ?