Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Van Wolfswinkel reportedly joining

Well of course I wouldn''t want to spunk £10m on him, I think he''s worth £4m though considering the reasons behind his poor form.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Wow! Another Not Nigel thread. How very interesting.....
[/quote]

For someone who in his original post said he was only going to make one post - he has achieved over a 1,000 posts pretty quickly. Most be on for a record, about 20 posts a day...

[quote user="Not Nigel"]"our manager and scouting team think that RVW is worth £8.5M"

So it has been a confirmed as a signing then by the club then? And the fee has been confirmed as £8.5m? Or are you jumping the gun and treating that figure as gospel? What odds would I get on "undisclosed fee"?

"so how come you believe you are a better judge of a player than they are?"

I assume that if I had instant access to all of your previous posts there would not be a single one which puts question marks on a new signing? I just thought that the fee was high, then I took into consideration the big pool of Sky money which is going to push all prices up, and with the crazy fees that we are likely going to see in summer, it may just end up looking like a bargain.

"you have flown out to Lisboa to watch him to make a definitive assessment?"

Have you?[/quote]...why would i want to? all i have said about him is that i trust our management and scouting teams.

[quote user="star_manic"]all i have said about him is that i trust our management and scouting teams.[/quote]''Not Nigel'' knows more about potential signings than Ewan Chester, more about players values than McNally and the Norwich City board, and more about formations and tactics than Chris Hughton. I''m just amazed he hasn''t been snapped up by Man Utd or Real Madrid by now....Still, the time he spends in the air while he''s flying around the world watching these players, gives him time to post on here. [<:o)]

If this is true then I think a big positive is that we appeared to have this money (or certainly most of it) to spend back in January only to be thwarted by excessive demands due to the window. It therefore doesn''t appear to me that we are spending next seasons tv money but merely securing now what we tried to buy in January and hopefully getting him for better value. If we stay up this should therefore not eat into next seasons transfer pot too massively even though we have signed a potentially top striker.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]If this is true then I think a big positive is that we appeared to have this money (or certainly most of it) to spend back in January only to be thwarted by excessive demands due to the window. It therefore doesn''t appear to me that we are spending next seasons tv money but merely securing now what we tried to buy in January and hopefully getting him for better value. If we stay up this should therefore not eat into next seasons transfer pot too massively even though we have signed a potentially top striker.[/quote]

I think as Norwich were in a relatively safe place at Christmas the club elected to bring forward some of the summer''s money. Now Norwich are all but safe they are even happier to spend it - even if Norwich were relegated (which they won''t be) the club will get around £20m in parachute payment - so the risk is caluculated.

I very much doubt Hughton had £8.5m unspend last summer.

Alright ,I am going to say it.

He had better be the dog''s bollox with a name like that.

I am very pleased with this bit of business. Great intent and sends a message over the summer that we will not wait for late August bidding wars to get our targets. I hope Celtic are listening!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I''ve seen him play in Holland live twice, he''s class and can finish! I would be very happy with his signing. Contrary what other posters claim, he''s a good player and he''s just what we lack up front imo...[/quote]

Hey Flecky!  This is bang out of order.  You should be ashamed of yourself coming on here and commenting on a player you have actually seen play.  What kind of a stunt is that to pull?  How can Nigel and the others top that with there disparagements of a player most of us have never seen?

That is this thread well and truly b#####ed now.  How we can sustain this level of prejudiced, ill-considered, ill-informed and nasty posting if you introduce actual knowledge and experience to the debate?  What is Nigel supposed to do now; ignore you and carry on with his rant about how poor this player he has never seen actually is?  You''ve really spoilt it for him.

I hope that you are pleasedf with yourself.

In January we were all desperate for a big signing to get us out of the imminent dark pit that we seemed to be free-falling into.

Hence the excited anticipation over Hooper, the joy at Becchio''s signature and the Kamara hype. A striker, a striker my house for a striker.

Now, with a more relaxed scenario, we can sit back and wallow in the luxury of contemplating next season with the likes of a Wolfie on-board. (I hope, says he with haste.)

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I''ve seen him play in Holland live twice, he''s class and can finish! I would be very happy with his signing. Contrary what other posters claim, he''s a good player and he''s just what we lack up front imo...[/quote]

Hey Flecky!  This is bang out of order.  You should be ashamed of yourself coming on here and commenting on a player you have actually seen play.  What kind of a stunt is that to pull?  How can Nigel and the others top that with there disparagements of a player most of us have never seen?

That is this thread well and truly b#####ed now.  How we can sustain this level of prejudiced, ill-considered, ill-informed and nasty posting if you introduce actual knowledge and experience to the debate?  What is Nigel supposed to do now; ignore you and carry on with his rant about how poor this player he has never seen actually is?  You''ve really spoilt it for him.

[/quote]lol Cambridge :-D very, very pleased with myself thank you...seriously, this would be a good signing vor City!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote] LOL   LOL  LOL  LOL[B]

to all those saying it''s too much to be real.

we spent 200k in the winter. we must have a good few million saved up from that.

tv deal is increasing.

look at the financial report of how much our transfer budget in the summer will be based on us finishing 17th.

we will have enough for rvw + a few others.

I was so exited when I heard this earlier today, I wanted RvW in Jan since I believe he would be a better buy than Hooper. If the price is true, £8.5 mil would be cheap if we stay up with what next season will bring, all I can say is good work to all those involved with making this happen.

BUT I wont get too carried away until the club or sporting confirms it.

According to WOTB, we''ve got to pay £3m upfront, conditional on our staying up. And it''s NONREFUNDABLE if we manage to get ourselves relagated.

Could be a bit of a sticking point, if true.

Heh how much is 8,5m pounds in euros? ^^

Anyway just to be correct, if someone took my post as negative. I would be happy with him, I just hate inflated prices.

He is at least good player, if not great and with bit physical training he can be anything for us. As said we dont have striker who would have softer touch on the ball and when there is no room in defence, soft touch can make magic happen.

For example something like this from the other dutchman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n275iW54o68

"Been away from the Internet a couple of days, has this been confirmed or how reliable is the rumour if not"

Just read the pinkun story and you know as much as anyone else.

This is the calibre of the signing that we need. If we can get another striker, winger, creative midfielder and left back (all starters) then we will have a very good team. Quite happy with another squad player/ centre back.

This was the signing in January that we wanted. Forget hooper and the other names mentioned or got in this is real quality. It also bodes well for the style of play we may have for next season.

Great news, lets get those points stay up and begin to move forward into what will be a great transfer window when genuine quality can be added to our squad.