Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Van Wolfswinkel reportedly joining

[quote user="Not Nigel"]Charlie Adam from Stoke would be a good signing, it would require Hughton to abandon two defensive midfielders though and play him alongside either Tettey or Johnson.[/quote]

Wow! Just wow!

Charlie Adam? Really? Who else? Downing? Jordan Henderson?

My mind is blown...

It''s 2013 now Bethnal, Downing and Henderson are good players again, and Charlie Adam is playing for Stoke where he gets bored watching the ball being launched over his head. Hope you enjoyed being asleep since May 2012.

[quote user="Not Nigel"]It''s 2013 now Bethnal, Downing and Henderson are good players again, and Charlie Adam is playing for Stoke where he gets bored watching the ball being launched over his head. Hope you enjoyed being asleep since May 2012.[/quote]

I don''t know if you have watched Charlie Adam, but you know he is bang on average right? Usually huffing and puffing by the 60 minute and hasn''t put together a string of decent performances since he was at Blackpool.

Maybe we should get DJ Campbell - he was good then as well.

Being bang on average this season is pretty impressive considering he has been devastated by the sudden death of his 50 year old father. We need a ball playing centre midfielder, I can''t really think of any others, and he is wasted in a team which just misses out centre midfield completely.

[quote user="Not Nigel"]Being bang on average this season is pretty impressive considering he has been devastated by the sudden death of his 50 year old father. We need a ball playing centre midfielder, I can''t really think of any others, and he is wasted in a team which just misses out centre midfield completely.[/quote]

If you can only think of one ''ball playing midfielder'' then you need to broaden your horizons a little bit.

By signing someone like RvW Norwich are showing that the club don''t need to go around signing other mid-table teams'' players. There are hundreds of players in the leagues around Europe that would be better and cheaper than Charlie Adam. Bringing in someone like Kiyotake from Nurenburg would probably be cheaper than the millions Norwich would need to spend getting Adam out of Stoke and paying his over inflated wages.

Again, this is my personal opinion.

I cannot speak on your teams behalf which I know very

little, to be honest.

But we do follow the PL here in Portugal, a lot I might say.

every weekend we have 5/6 games of PL...ok, normally are the

Top 5 teams, and buy following that, I believe his performance will improve.

Do you honestly believe that this season, our team with a

lousy performance, that he is getting 5 and 6 chances per game?

I saw games that he had 1 or 2.

not great chances but good, fairly, chances.

Regarding postman postiga, a guy that in sporting played for

3 seasons, 110 games, 6411 minutes and scored 18 goals...what do you want me to

say?

now I udnerstand the 12th dutch thing.

you are saying that he is probably the 12th forward choice

to Netherlands team?

but then you put ola john, a winger in the same poll...

do you know why we love PL football? because you there play most of the time, at the same level. you look your opponent in the eyes and believe you can actually win and perform well.

here in portugal, 50% of the lower teams basically play a catenaccio and counter attack.

"Bringing in someone like Kiyotake from Nurenburg would probably be cheaper than the millions Norwich would need to spend getting Adam out of Stoke and paying his over inflated wages"

Yeah right good one, because we would have a great chance of signing somebody that the entire football world knows is probably better than Shinji Kagawa. I''m sure Foulger has £20m spare.

The place to sign these talented new breed of Asian players is...... Asia. As for your conclusion on Charlie Adam''s wages... maybe he is on big money, maybe he is not. Stoke are only 15th in the squad salary tables.

We definitely shouldn''t sign any players from mid-table Premier League teams of course (like Michael Turner), and definitely not players involved in a Premier League relegation (like Sebastian Bassong), and we can forget about the Championship (Robert Snodgrass & Mark Bunn), because we can buy the next world class Japanese superstar - apparently Man Utd have missed this one, and Kagawa forgot to tell Ferguson about him.

You are going to be disappointed when our new centre back is Curtis Davies, because by the sound of it you are hoping for Pepe.

Twitter is getting a bit tasty now SSN has reported the RVW news!! Lots of jealous PL club fans especially Liverpool and Newcastle saying can''t believe RVW is going to NCFC what a coup that would be for them!! Why would he want to go to a club like NCFC? etc etc. Shows we are getting a half decent striker if all these other fans are talking about what a coup this will be!

It would be incredible if we got Hooper as well, could form a classic partnership. Never know, could even become as famous as Shearer Sutton.

Maybe it''s just me, but £8.5m doesn''t really sound a lot.

I know it''s a lot relative to our previous transfer dealings, but it''s peanuts when you look at how much we''d have to pay for a player proven at PL level. It''s also not that much when you consider the whole market in England will be skewed by the extra money coming the way of PL clubs.

Some posters go on about other players they''d rather have, but there''s no Indication of how much these players could realistically be signed for. Players like Michu for £2m aren''t exactly a regular occurrence.

QHCanary,

I was a bit freaked by the £9m but then worked out that if next season is worth £60m instead of £40m, then really he''s a £6m signing if we take into consideration the inevitable sharp price inflation.

There are tonnes of non-Norwich fans on twitter who are flabbergasted that we''ve managed to sign him, so I hope that I''ve completely misjudged him and that he turns out to be top drawer.

But I''ve just found out that he is absolutely class on football manager 2013, so that might explain it.

[quote user="Not Nigel"]"Bringing in someone like Kiyotake from Nurenburg would probably be cheaper than the millions Norwich would need to spend getting Adam out of Stoke and paying his over inflated wages" Yeah right good one, because we would have a great chance of signing somebody that the entire football world knows is probably better than Shinji Kagawa. I''m sure Foulger has £20m spare. The place to sign these talented new breed of Asian players is...... Asia. As for your conclusion on Charlie Adam''s wages... maybe he is on big money, maybe he is not. Stoke are only 15th in the squad salary tables. We definitely shouldn''t sign any players from mid-table Premier League teams of course (like Michael Turner), and definitely not players involved in a Premier League relegation (like Sebastian Bassong), and we can forget about the Championship (Robert Snodgrass & Mark Bunn), because we can buy the next world class Japanese superstar - apparently Man Utd have missed this one, and Kagawa forgot to tell Ferguson about him. You are going to be disappointed when our new centre back is Curtis Davies, because by the sound of it you are hoping for Pepe.[/quote]

£20m for Kiyotake? Yeah right - his buy out clause is around £10m and Nurenburg need the cash. He''ll move in the summer, and it won''t be to a massive team - he''s not quite Champions League level yet but is getting there and he certainly isn''t ''world class''. I wouldn''t be surprised if he ends up at a surprisingly small team - he has said he wants to go to a club where he can keep playing first team football every week.

Anyway, maybe he isn''t the best example but it does show that there are amazing players avaliable for not huge prices if Norwich shop in the right market. No one would have imagined that a club the size of Norwich could have brought in a player like RvW before January. The new TV deal will completely alter the transfer market in favour of Premier League teams, it will also mean buying players domestically will become a hell of a lot more expensive.

Don''t overplay Bassong''s involvement in relegation, he was a player at a top 5 club in England and only left Tottenham due to their desire to reduce wages - Hughton made the move because of his previous experince working with Bassong. Turner was frozen out at Sunderland, if we were trying to sign one of their first choice players just imagine how much it would have cost. I''m not saying players from mid-table teams aren''t good enough (although I don''t rate Charlie Adam that highly) but the prices for these players will be astronomical - as will the wages. Look at the prices teams are having to pay for Championship players already and you can surely see that shopping in England is a bad idea. Norwich did really well to get Bassong, but for every deal like that there is a Park Ji-Sung - should have been amazing but wasn''t.

Why are people still going on about Hooper?

I really wouldn''t want him here, so he''s scored 20 odd goals in the SPL, most half decent forward could.

But if he does end here, Id love to be proved wrong

Kuyt - Winger (can play striker if needed, but havent seen him there in ages)

Van Persie - Sriker

Robben - Pure winger

Lens - Plays mostly as second striker or winger in PSV, but can play striker well

Schaken - Winger who can play offensive middlefielder or second striker

Ola John - Pure Winger

Lens is probably only one with van Wolfswinkel who could be competing for that 4th place, but when they need clean striker in the team I bet Wolf is before Lens.

Heh also did you notice they were second in WC? They had longer undefeated record than Spain in any national game run before that. Their EC didnt go as planned, but that happens sometimes for the best of the teams too. Manchester City is second in mighty Premier League and dropped out in group stage of champions league. Previouse year same thing when they won the league.

Their material is wider than Argentina''s. Brazil has same kind of material, but their world class players are not up to it yet. Netherlands are at least in same level with these two Portugal and Italy in their good day. Only teams front of these are Spain and Germany.

It is ignorance to say they are not one of the top teams in the world and only slight margins drifts these teams.

National ring means players who train or are selected in the training games. National squad is the one who plays the real games.

Targets I have heard: Weimann, Mackie, Hooper and Graham. Thought Graham moved already and not sure if Mackie was a real deal or just rumour talk. Also there is always that one guy from championship who is rumoured for us ^^ Mackail-Smith if I remember right.

Bethnal,

If we''ve spent £8.5m on Van Willy and we were to spend £10m on Kiyotake, then how much do you think that would leave for a....

Left back (possibly even two)

Centre back

Left winger

Defensive Midfielder

Another striker (if Holt leaves)

I think that by seeing this big transfer as a sign that we can suddenly spend £10m on every player you are being way too unrealistic. This will be our big flagship signing, and Hughton will have to pull a few more bargains like Kei Kamara and Alex Tettey out of the bag.

And yeah sure, some bargains to be had, and bargain shopping is what Hughton will have to be doing. I do think that we missed a trick with Majeed Waris though.

Disagree with Park Ji-Sung though, never rated him at Man Utd, always looked out of place in a team full of class and the only thing that he brought to their team, knew immediately that it was another crap QPR signing.

Just another note.

What is your average salary there?

Because rvw earns around 50 to 60 k pounds per. Month.

All other leagues. France, spain, germany have by far greater. Salaries...

"Why are people still going on about Hooper?

I really wouldn''t want him here, so he''s scored 20 odd goals in the SPL, most half decent forward could.

But if he does end here, Id love to be proved wrong"

What makes you think that the Portuguese teams are any better though?

Your argument is crap anyway because Chris Sutton never reached 20 goals in one SPL season but during that time was a UEFA Cup runner up, had already won the English Premier League and scored 25 PL goals in one seaason.

Nikica Jelavić only scored 16 in his full season in the SPL, even Henrik Larsson failed to reach 20 in his first season.

Clearly Sutton, Jelavic, and Larsson are all crap players for daring to score less than 20 goals in one season.

[quote user="Polen"]Just another note.

What is your average salary there?

Because rvw earns around 50 to 60 k pounds per. Month.

All other leagues. France, spain, germany have by far greater. Salaries...[/quote]

If I remember right it was around 20k per week plus bonuses few years back in premier league.

Our current high wagers should be somewhere around 30k per week I think? (Bassong and Holt)

Would guess Wolf would get quite much same deal.

[quote user="Not Nigel"]Bethnal, If we''ve spent £8.5m on Van Willy and we were to spend £10m on Kiyotake, then how much do you think that would leave for a.... Left back (possibly even two) Centre back Left winger Defensive Midfielder Another striker (if Holt leaves) I think that by seeing this big transfer as a sign that we can suddenly spend £10m on every player you are being way too unrealistic. This will be our big flagship signing, and Hughton will have to pull a few more bargains like Kei Kamara and Alex Tettey out of the bag. And yeah sure, some bargains to be had, and bargain shopping is what Hughton will have to be doing. I do think that we missed a trick with Majeed Waris though. Disagree with Park Ji-Sung though, never rated him at Man Utd, always looked out of place in a team full of class and the only thing that he brought to their team, knew immediately that it was another crap QPR signing.[/quote]

Do you really think Charlie Adam would be that much less than £10 in the summer? With an extra £35m in TV revenue coming Norwich''s way this summer I imagine there will be more than 1 player coming in pushing the £10m transfer fee.

don''t you just love these negative supporters. Not Nigel has 1047 post to his name, and most of them appear to be on this thread on a topic which he evidently has not got any genuine knowledge to support his idiotic rantings. our manager and scouting team think that RVW is worth £8.5M, so how come you believe you are a better judge of a player than they are? you have flown out to Lisboa to watch him to make a definitive assessment?

[quote user="Not Nigel"]"It was being relative to the situation"

I take that as confirmation that you remembered the time that you got your zip stuck in your flies and the flashback put it all into perspective for you. I understand, it really really hurts.[/quote]The amount you go on about penises proves to me that you are indeed a penis yourself.

"Do you really think Charlie Adam would be that much less than £10 in the summer?"

I assume you mean £10m, but of course I think he''d be less than £10m. A minute ago you said he was crap, now you are saying that he''d cost £10m. They only paid £4m for him.

"If we''ve spent £8.5m on Van Willy and we were to spend £10m on Kiyotake, then how much do you think that would leave"

Well, that would be the extra money for next season gone, so presumably whatever was in the kitty prior to that.

Given that we spent fook all in January I''d expect that to be around £20m.

With a bit of shopping around in Europe that buys 4 or 5 very good players. Throw in a bargain or two and we could sign another "star" with what we''ve got left over.

Having said that I don''t think we''ll spend more than £20m in total.

"With an extra £35m in TV revenue coming Norwich''s way this summer"

You what? Thought it was more like £20m extra.

I''ve seen him play in Holland live twice, he''s class and can finish! I would be very happy with his signing. Contrary what other posters claim, he''s a good player and he''s just what we lack up front imo...

"our manager and scouting team think that RVW is worth £8.5M"

So it has been a confirmed as a signing then by the club then? And the fee has been confirmed as £8.5m? Or are you jumping the gun and treating that figure as gospel? What odds would I get on "undisclosed fee"?

"so how come you believe you are a better judge of a player than they are?"

I assume that if I had instant access to all of your previous posts there would not be a single one which puts question marks on a new signing? I just thought that the fee was high, then I took into consideration the big pool of Sky money which is going to push all prices up, and with the crazy fees that we are likely going to see in summer, it may just end up looking like a bargain.

"you have flown out to Lisboa to watch him to make a definitive assessment?"

Have you?

[quote user="Not Nigel"]"Do you really think Charlie Adam would be that much less than £10 in the summer?" I assume you mean £10m, but of course I think he''d be less than £10m. A minute ago you said he was crap, now you are saying that he''d cost £10m. They only paid £4m for him.[/quote]

Yeah I think he is crap but a player''s value isn''t just determined by their ability. He''s first choice at Stoke so they won''t want to sell and has several years left on his contract. With all the extra money clubs are getting even crap PL players will start costing clost to Â£10m.

If Stoke want him out then he''d be cheaper, but if they don''t you can bet Norwich would have to spend a hell of a lot of money on him.