Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Van Wolfswinkel reportedly joining

Let’s see if I can explain myself…

Snap it out if you think you are buying the next van Basten.

He is not.

At age of 24, FOR ME, he is a good striker, way better then

helder postiga who also played in Sporting and in 2 years scored…18 goals? Around

that.

What I see in him he’s a great potential and can be really

interesting if he gains the already spoken, muscle or mass and improves his

header game, not the header itself but the way you move to attack the ball in

the air at the correct point (it seems confuse but I cannot explain better)

A small off topic, of course middle teams which are not that

middle, like Bordeaux; saint ettiene; are better then ours. But I say again… except

3 to 4 teams in Portugal (porto; benfica; sporting and braga) nobody has the

capability to pay a salary per player over 10 K pounds PER MONTH to the all squad

[quote user="Not Nigel"]"Nothing worse than coming on a messageboard to find a keyboard warrior who has apparently watched a player play numerous times - just how have you managed to do that ''Not Nigel''?"

Really? There''s nothing worse? What about getting your foreskin stuck in your zip? Or getting to your car to find the windowscreen frozen over and your deicer bottle empty? Or writing 2000 words of a report and your computer crashing without you having saved it? Or spilling coffee over your cream carpet? Or stubbing your toe?

I like a bet, especially live betting through betfair. Although La Liga is my favourite league because they have weird kick off times like 10pm at night and stuff.[/quote]It was being relative to the situation.I summise you have rarely watched RvW, but love to come across as knowledgable.

Just not to leave loose ends...

65% of the fee belongs to a fund where jorge mendes has a share.

The objective of the fund is to sell at a higher bid.

He is not rvw agent.

On the other hand hugo almeida wich has mendes has agent, here the goal is to win comissions. More clubs you have in your career, more the agent receives.

Go check how many portuguese players went to besiktas in the last 2 or 3 years

Interesting that SSN havent picked the story up yet.

Does Hoots have any press meeting lined up over the next few days do we know? Dam the international break!

If these rumours are true this would be a great signing and show we are going in the right direction squad wise and improving on what we''ve got! Unfortunately gaining double promotion and staying in the PL last season has proved a bit to much for a certain crop of players like Martin Fox Ward Tierney Surman Jackson etc. I as well as others will be gutted to see these players leave because of what they have done and achieved for this football club but this is PL football and its very unforgiving and if we want to push on and succeed this is what happens. As for certain people dissing RVW already as not good enough thats just a joke! He is a definate improvement on what we''ve got and i thank Polen for his comments and info on the player. Fingers crossed now these reports are true now and we can start building an exciting squad for next season. Just to finish off some people are saying Grant Holts future will be over if we sign RVW again i disagree he''ll stay and fight for his place and if he''s are 2nd or 3rd choice striker next year then things are really looking up on the striker front.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Interesting that SSN havent picked the story up yet.

Does Hoots have any press meeting lined up over the next few days do we know? Dam the international break![/quote]

SSN breaking now £8.5m plus 35% sell on clause

"Snap it out if you think you are buying the next van Basten. He is not"

Don''t worry, I don''t, I''m worried that we have spent £9m on a player that could seriously struggle in a Norwich team. What you need to understand is that we literally typically create 1 to 4 chances in an entire game, I can''t imagine even Wayne Rooney scoring many goals in our team this year and we play a 4-5-1, what formation do you play? Hugo Almeida would be perfect for our system, we are signing somebody of average pace, slight build, who likes the ball played on the floor..... we are not Arsenal.

"At age of 24, FOR ME, he is a good striker"

Well I think he''s a decent striker too, I''m just worried about the £9m price tag, big price tags often mean big pressure, and if he is struggling to score goals for Sporting Lisbon in the Portuguese League then I''m concerned that he will struggle to score goals for Norwich in the Premier League.

"way better then helder postiga"

I find it intriguing that a Portuguese bloke would pretty much come on here and tell everybody that Portugals two main strikers are, basically, not very good, because you got to the semi finals of the Euro''s and Postiga has 24 International goals in 58 games. That''s basically the equivalent of us slagging off Rooney and Defoe to a load of Portuguese fans, which I don''t think England fans would do. Are you Ricky Van Wolfswinkel? Or his agent?

"and in 2 years scored…18 goals? Around that"

19 goals in 62 games isn''t a terrible return, but I don''t think a player should be judged solely on goals. I didn''t say that I rate Postiga by the way, I think he was terrible for Spurs, I''m saying that I hope RVW doesn''t flop like Postiga and Viana - two over rated big money buys from Portugal. I just find it intriguing that you don''t rate either Postiga or Almeida, considering that they have played and scored so much for Portugal, especially with you getting to the semi''s of the Euro''s and beating both, especially as you took Spain to penalties.

"A small off topic, of course middle teams which are not that middle, like Bordeaux; saint ettiene; are better then ours. But I say again… except 3 to 4 teams in Portugal (porto; benfica; sporting and braga) nobody has the capability to pay a salary per player over 10 K pounds PER MONTH to the all squad"

But that is EXACTLY my point. People are creaming themselves about RVW because he scored 25 goals last season, but most weeks he is playing tinpot small teams and as you said.... getting 5 or 6 chances a game. He is going to be playing a Benfica or Braga every single week in the Premier League, and he will never - ever - get 5 or 6 chances in a single Premier League game. Never.

"It was being relative to the situation"

I take that as confirmation that you remembered the time that you got your zip stuck in your flies and the flashback put it all into perspective for you. I understand, it really really hurts.

"Just not to leave loose ends...

65% of the fee belongs to a fund where jorge mendes has a share.

The objective of the fund is to sell at a higher bid.

He is not rvw agent.

On the other hand hugo almeida wich has mendes has agent, here the goal is to win comissions. More clubs you have in your career, more the agent receives.

Go check how many portuguese players went to besiktas in the last 2 or 3 years "

Well his agent isn''t doing a very good job then is he, because Hugo Almeida has only had two clubs in seven years.

You are also wrong, because Quality Sports Investments, the company that owns most of RWP also own 50% of the rights to Hugo Almeida, in exactly the same way that they own the rights to RWP.

Agents don''t just make money from signing on fees, they also take a slice of salaries, usually 10%.

A question for Polen -

Has RVW''s form dropped since January? Do you think he may have been unsettled by our desire to get him that did not work out?

"staying in the PL last season has proved a bit to much for a certain crop of players like Martin Fox Ward Tierney Surman Jackson etc"

I hope you are referring to Chris Martin and not Russell Martin!

Not Nigel there''s no need to panic about so much if we sign RVW for £8m!! He will be a brilliant addition to the squad. I agree if he was apart of this seasons team he would struggle to score goals but most strikers would even the best because of the lack of chances we create. You''ve got to think CH will again improve the squad in the summer and bring in more quality in certain areas i.e. central mid and out wide. If we could bring in a quality ball player with strength in the middle of the park and someone with pace out wide and upfront then things will be looking really up. I trust CH in his signings and he hasn''t got a bad record so far. As for high price tags for players thats how its going to be from now on if we stay in the PL for the foreseeable future. If we want to improve as a squad sometimes if not most we''re going to have to pay a lot for players and wages!

Yes I suppose you are right, £8m is probably the new £5m in the Premier League with the new Sky deal and I suppose when you look at it that way......

Plus with a bit of luck we will be signing another striker too, hopefully Gary Hooper, and if we sign two then one is bound to make it in this league.

And yes, you are right, Hughton has a good record in the transfer market. I don''t really understand the Becchio signing, but other than that he has excelled.

So I''ll shut up and trust Hughton.

I have written about this issue so many times, but lets just say again these few things for Not Nigel.

I never said he is better than what we have. I said he is bit different what we have and the difference comes from where and what he has learned and we could use that difference more than we could use Hoopers gifts. I dont know if he does well as Holt or Kamara has done, but his odds are quite much better than for example Becchios, who is just too slow for being alone there in 5-2-3-1 and our middlefield doesnt have enought quality to support attack in 4-4-2 to take it in to his comfort zone.

Also for saying there is 12 strikers before him for dutch team is like saying that Hoolahan Pilkington and Snodgrass are front of Becchio for our lone striker position.

To be fact he is in line 4th or 5th to play dutch main striker position. Van Persie, Huntelaar, Luuk De Jong are clearly front of him in pickings, but cant name anyone else that would play front spot for them.

Players like Afellay, Elia, Lens, John etc are wingers or offensive middlefielders. They compete from those three spots behind striker.

Not that this would matter anything else than that he cant be that poor if he gets in dutch national ring.

I think what the twitter guy said on the front page is quite much true. He probably wont be next van Nistelrooy, but he will be decent player.

I wouldnt pay 12 millions from him and I think there is better players out there with less money involved, but I trust Hughton and McNally knows what he is doing.

Guy has eye for goal, he has good touch and enough creativity to make himself worth of that cash and if we sign him only time will tell how he will fit.

He certainly seems better than other names currently linked for us.

[quote user="Polen"]Dont believe in that.

Basically the player was in an auction...as we need money now rto pay salaries right now in March.

I honestly believe norwich will at least pay 4 M euros right now for 35% of the tranfer fee. The other 65% belongs to a fund of jorge mendes and peter kenyon.

There you need to own 100% so at least in the begginning of next season you will pay the rest to the fund.[/quote]

So that''s what Peter Kenyon did with the oodles of money Chelsea paid him for whatever he did for them.

Happy to disagree chicken,  its all about opinions afterall - but both do a good job for us but I think we just need someone a little better in the middle.

And I agree with you on surman - was an oversight on my part as I think he is a talented prem player and just not being on my list of 22 (I dont think he is good enough to start though - Pilkington def the better option for me) I did not mean to suggest that all the others would leave. 

[quote user="Not Nigel"]"Nothing worse than coming on a messageboard to find a keyboard warrior who has apparently watched a player play numerous times - just how have you managed to do that ''Not Nigel''?" Really? There''s nothing worse? What about getting your foreskin stuck in your zip? Or getting to your car to find the windowscreen frozen over and your deicer bottle empty? Or writing 2000 words of a report and your computer crashing without you having saved it? Or spilling coffee over your cream carpet? Or stubbing your toe? [/quote]Maybe if you came home to find your entire family murdered by an axe-wielding psycho you might feel you''d just shaded it.......

I see what has happened. It was lavanche that kept going on about Dutch technique and not this Portuguese fella, that''s why I kept mentioning an obsession with Dutch players.

"I never said he is better than what we have"

Well that doesn''t fill me with confidence, because if we are paying £8.5m for him then I would bloody well hope that he is better than what we have.

"To be fact he is in line 4th or 5th to play dutch main striker position. Van Persie, Huntelaar, Luuk De Jong are clearly front of him in pickings, but cant name anyone else that would play front spot for them"

Well the six forwards named in their last squad were:

Kuyt

Van Persie

Robben

Lens

Schaken

Ola John

Yes, some of those players typically play on the wing (especially Robben), but with no De Jong, Huntelaar, or Luuk in the squad, then which of those players can be considered above a 24 year old with one cap in the pecking order? Van Wolfswinkel was in the preliminary squad but did not make the cut, the players above did. Bas Dost also got a call up not so long ago.

"Not that this would matter anything else than that he cant be that poor if he gets in dutch national ring"

Everybody keeps telling me how great the Dutch are, but the only Dutch Internationals playing in England are:

Michel Vorm (Swansea)

Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa)

De Guzman (Swansea)

Van Persie (Man Utd

Tim Krul (Newcastle)

John Heitinga (Everton)

Urby Emanualson (Fulham)

Vurnon Anita (Newcastle)

One player plays for a top five team in the Premier League, the rest play for teams that are a similar standard to us. They are hardly Brazil or Spain, and besides they were awful in the Euro''s. A team in decline with three or four World Class players and other than that not much at all.

And besides, he doesn''t get into the Dutch National ring, he occasionally makes the preliminary ring but hasn''t been capped in the last two and a half years.

"wouldnt pay 12 millions from him and I think there is better players out there with less money involved"

Agree, it''s the league. Very few of the big money transfers from Portugal have turned out to be value for money, £27m for Anderson and £18m for Bosingwa, plus numerous other huge money deals. Players from that league are overhyped and overpriced. Unbelievable that the Spanish league yields more bargains, considering the regard that the Spanish national team is held in.

"but I trust Hughton and McNally knows what he is doing"

I will trust them too. Hughton hasn''t made a bad signing yet, although I''m uncertain about Becchio. If Holt leaves though, Becchio may just turn out to be a shrewd signing too.

"Guy has eye for goal, he has good touch and enough creativity to make himself worth of that cash and if we sign him only time will tell how he will fit"

I just hope that he gets the chances. Looks to me like the bloke needs the ball in or around the box, which is easier said than done with the way things have been going, with a bit of luck we will have some new midfielders too though.

"He certainly seems better than other names currently linked for us"

Who are they? Hooper obviously, but not aware of any others. I''d be interested to know who the 20 million euro player was that McNally mentioned.

Yeah i''ll agree with you Not Nigel on the Becchio one. We needed someone when it was obvious we weren''t going to get Hooper and think he was available at the right price as a 2nd option to help Holt out!

If we stay in the PL this season which i think we will next season could be very exciting for a Norwich supporter. If we are starting to sign players like RVW i feel we are going in the right direction. If we improve as a unit going forward next season and can keep solid at the back like we have done the majority of this season think what points tally we could reach. Its all about building and becoming an established PL club.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Happy to disagree chicken,  its all about opinions afterall - but both do a good job for us but I think we just need someone a little better in the middle.

And I agree with you on surman - was an oversight on my part as I think he is a talented prem player and just not being on my list of 22 (I dont think he is good enough to start though - Pilkington def the better option for me) I did not mean to suggest that all the others would leave. 

[/quote]

No disputing that.

I am just trying to look at what we have logically.

Out of the 25 currently the following are out of contract:

Camp, Jackson, Tierney, C.Martin.

I think it is safe to say that the lack of movement in terms of new contracts forthcoming that they''ll all be gone (even if one posters comment is right and Martin''s year option is taken up just to get a fee).

It will be interesting to see what Camp does - Hughton has shown that we could need another experienced keeper. Rudd and Steer are both out of contract so do we let one go and keep the other and send him out on loan?

Obviously the first thing to do is strengthen the areas reduced in depth by those players going. Kamara and if true, RVW would do that. Perhaps one more but I suspect that it maybe a younger player with a bit of pace about them 20/21 and won''t count towards the 25, that is my gut feeling anyway.

Left back. I think people seem to forget that Garrido is only a loan at the moment. We could already be looking at the best part of £12million spent already before the summer. RVW £8.5million, Kamara £2million and around the same for Garrido.

We''d then need another left back as back up.

That is just to get us up to speed. Only then do I think we''ll start looking elsewhere.

Obviously another player with more quality in the heart of defense to offer competition/backup to Bassong and Turner. The obvious one is Davies from Brum. If that happens we could see two players leave in Ayala and Barnett. We have R.Martin and Whittaker who can both fill in there if needed.

Wing wise we have four capable wingers, I''d see that as the last place we need strengthening at the moment.

Centre Mid: Johson and Tettey are fine, I think Howson is good enough too but I wonder if Fox will stick around or go in search of regular footy. The fact that he is contracted might mean we can offer him in exchange for a player maybe.

And what of Butterfield?

It will be an interesting summer that is for sure.

Charlie Adam from Stoke would be a good signing, it would require Hughton to abandon two defensive midfielders though and play him alongside either Tettey or Johnson.

Chicken, I''d be very surprised not to see Curtis Davies here in the summer. He''ll have one year left on his deal and Birmingham will want to cash in, suspect he''d be ours for a couple of million and that would be a bargain.

I think Barnett is a certainty to leave unless we bring in another CB, not sure about Ayala but hasn''t been setting the world alight at Forest and so I can''t see him making the grade.

Some of Lambert''s signings didn''t work out too well, Ayala was one of them.

Yep, gone are the days of brown paper bags in Motorway Service stations:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_Sports_InvestmentsPersonally, I don''t think we have signed him, but probably have a pre-contract agreement saying we will sign him when we are mathematically safe.