Sign in to follow this  
SnakepitCanary

Van Wolfswinkel reportedly joining

http://m.ojogo.pt/m/article?contentID=3120724

Portuguese media is all over this story. €12 million. I''d love it if it is true and plaudits would have to go to the board and Hughton for making it happen.

"The cooperation between Sporting Portugal and Ricky van Wolfswinkel takes only two seasons, as A Bola claims Thursday. According to the newspaper, the Portuguese club from Lisbon agreement with Norwich City on a summer one million transition from the 24-year-old Dutchman, who in the summer of 2011 from FC Utrecht happened.

Van Wolfswinkel was with Norwich City in January already been linked, but the financially ailing Sporting chose other players out the door to do. After this season, the top scorer still the move to the Premier League and that''s good news for os Leões. Although not yet known how much the alleged transfer is involved, it is reportedly largely a fixed amount.

Van Wolfswinkel came to 5.4 million euros from FC Utrecht and signed a contract until 2016. The undertaking was a transfer clause of 22 million euros. Several clubs, including Dynamo Kiev, went no further than just over half. According to A Bola Sporting has no more than 35 percent of the transfer rights of the Dutchman in his possession."

A Bola now reporting it.

Long time ago i ve posted that he could join Norwich.

I wasnt mistaken.

Its true guys...we need cash urgently to pay debts so...

I would be surprised if any kind of deals for any players have been agreed at this stage - until we are mathematically safe I doubt we''d risk splashing 12 million - unless the clause in the deal is it will only go through if we stay up this year.

It''s more than possible, and Hughton seemed keen on him, and we definitely need to spend the money on a decent striker this summer

Polen you appear to be correct. Many Portugese papers are reporting this as a done deal - concluded yesterday (Wednesday) and Norwich have already paid some of the fee.

On or two English sites are now also running the story.

Well done to Hughton, McNally et al as it seems to be genuine.

Dont believe in that.

Basically the player was in an auction...as we need money now rto pay salaries right now in March.

I honestly believe norwich will at least pay 4 M euros right now for 35% of the tranfer fee. The other 65% belongs to a fund of jorge mendes and peter kenyon.

There you need to own 100% so at least in the begginning of next season you will pay the rest to the fund.

[quote user="Polen"]Dont believe in that.

Basically the player was in an auction...as we need money now rto pay salaries right now in March.

I honestly believe norwich will at least pay 4 M euros right now for 35% of the tranfer fee. The other 65% belongs to a fund of jorge mendes and peter kenyon.

There you need to own 100% so at least in the begginning of next season you will pay the rest to the fund.[/quote]

The first line was a reply to AJ post.

I assume that he won''t be joining us on loan for the rest of the season as international loans are essentially full transfers with a return clause, and the "emergency loan" window is for domestic loans?

[quote user="Fozzie"]I assume that he won''t be joining us on loan for the rest of the season as international loans are essentially full transfers with a return clause, and the "emergency loan" window is for domestic loans?[/quote]
There is no loan window for Prem clubs. Only football league clubs. Our squad for second half of season has to be finalised by Jan 31st. Seriously we''ve been back in the Prem two years now, why is it so hard to grasp?

I spoke to some Portuguese people and basically everyone thinks it''s a certain done deal.

AND they think we''ve overpayed alot considering how poor RVW has been recently.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Fozzie"]I assume that he won''t be joining us on loan for the rest of the season as international loans are essentially full transfers with a return clause, and the "emergency loan" window is for domestic loans?[/quote]
There is no loan window for Prem clubs. Only football league clubs. Our squad for second half of season has to be finalised by Jan 31st. Seriously we''ve been back in the Prem two years now, why is it so hard to grasp?
[/quote]Yeah...I decided not to mention any kind of Premier League exclusion to the emergency loan window case some vainglorious little prick decided to say "NNEEUURRGGHHH!!!! but we loaned Chris Martin to Derby outside of the window...NNEEUURRGGHHH!!!!", causing me to write any sort of clarification in response.Oh well.

You always have haters and "lovers".

More then the latwst lack of goals (2 rounds), its his potential and what he plays in 90 min.

Besides, with 2 month salary to pay to all the team...

I post on another forum wtih a lot of international fans, here''s what the resident Sporting fan had to say:[quote]Norwich has apparently bought Sporting''s striker Wolfswinkel for

something around €10m, with the money coming now and the player leaving

at the end of the season. Don''t think he''ll adapt quickly if at all to

the PL, he''s still very green and a bit too soft, easy to push around.

It''s not a great deal for Sporting either since he''s pretty much our

only striker, but we did buy him for €5.4m just one year ago.[/quote][quote]There''s potential, but Sporting fans are incredibly frustrated with him

nowadays. He''s an old school nº9 (= no pace) so when the rest of the

team isn''t performing he will do absolutely nothing by himself, and he

doesn''t really have the physicality necessary for that role even though

he packed on a bit of muscle in Sporting. If he''s getting pushed around

by Portuguese League defenders he''ll probably get eaten alive in the

EPL. He also lacks in technique and almost always misses when 1 on 1

with a GK, it was starting to get ridiculous how every time he went

through a defense it was basically 100% he would miss, it could be lack

of confidence due to being in a sinking ship team but there''s definitely

something amiss with your technique if your shots constantly hit the

goalkeeper. Anyway I''m not saying he''s shit, but I think €10m is way too

much, especially for a team like Norwich. Hope he does well though.[/quote]Would you agree with those assessments Polen?

7h

Norwich paid M10£ for Van Wolfswinkel (Sporting will receive 35%). Deal was closed three hours ago.This guy seemed to know his stuff in the Summer. Portugese journo who writes about Lisbon, seems to think it''s a done deal and already tweeting about what we can expect.

On the downside, he doesn''t seem to think he''s that amazing. "He''s better than Grant Holt but not worth £10m, the classic of not that good or bad." "I''ve seen reports in England saying Norwich are signing the news Van Nistelrooy. I don''t know what to say!"

I''m still very excited though!

[

So he has no pace, no technique, no ''muscle'' and can''t score even when there is only 1 player between him and the goal, looks to have no confidence, but you are not saying he''s **.

10p anyone?

Lager for me please., I''m not a bitter man.

I said the other day that he isn''t naturally blessed with pace and isn''t any better at finishing than Becchio... I got shot down by some foreign bloke who said that he is better than we have because he was trained in Holland and they have better technique (whatever that means). He''s about 12th in the pecking order for Holland up front.

He obviously has talent because he''s had two seasons of scoring 20+ goals, one in Holland and one in Portugal, although neither are top leagues and both have a lot of teams who are Championship standard and in Portugal''s case some who are basically St. Mirren standard. I think that Becchio could score 20 in those leagues to be honest.

Some players do peak later in their careers (just look at his countryman Van Persie), but just as many or more peak early in their careers. But I''m not overly excited by this player if this is true and the price is correct, about £9m. Have to ask serious questions about why he has only 1 Holland cap at 24 and doesn''t seem to have had a great deal of interest (or any interest) from other clubs in this league.

I think £9m would probably have been enough to sign Carlos Vela or Hugo Almeida, and those are proven top drawer players and regular internationals in strong national teams.

Don''t think we''d need too much more to buy Alfred Finnbogason, who is a massive talent, apparently wanted by Villa, Everton, and West Ham.

I will literally cry myself to sleep if Villa stays up and they end up with a partnership of Benteke and Finnbogason next season, because that will show that the "Lambert revolution" means business and isn''t just some crap made up by Randy Lerner to justify their sh*tness.

I should add however, that Hughton''s transfer record has been excellent so far for us, so if we are signing him... I''ll trust him.

First i want to correct my posts.

The value is not 12 M euros but between 10 and 12 M euros.

Bigfish, if hes not that good, how the hell has he, at the moment, almost 50 goals since he arrive in 11/12 season?

I see each and every single game in the stadium.

And i dont only track the ball. I watch the team movements, positions, and so on...therefore i dont agree to what is discrebed there.

Yes, he needs some more muscle to the PL but hey, remember how CRonaldo and Nani improved on this aspect?

If he is not that good, why Din. Kiev, Newcastle, fiorentina and sone other clubs were following him?

Ps. Im portuguese and to put hugo almeida at same level as RvW....only a joke.

The dutch is far way better.

Ps2. Do you know why you compare some portuguese clubs with st. Mirren? I can tell you why. Because 90% of portuguese clubs in the 1st division dont have money to pay salaries above 10 thousand pounds per month...

The current club in 4th place has an annual budget lower then 4M pounds....