Sign in to follow this  
Xander11ncfc

Sorry for another RVW post but...

Just a thought with this signing and the clear excitement that is coming from everyone (myself included) and the timing of it all, is there not a business side of this the club need to look at?

When the new kits come out this year, would it not be worth it to go the squad numbers (especially RVW''s) out ASAP as well as a special offer on a full name for him (unless one exists already). Can see this being the kind of "shirt sale" signing which many clubs take advantage of, and we should be doing the same.

The only downside is it may be a sign towards other players, such as I would guess maybe give him the number 10 shirt or something, which puts Jackson even more out there in terms of less required.

Don''t know how anyone else sees this but just a thought, with people going on about this three million, good if he starts earning it back as quick as possible

Good point and agree, only thing being most pete are saying there will be a relegation clause, so nothing will happen on this front until we are mathematically safe.

After that let the good times roll!

Sort numbers aren''t confirmed until sometime in the summer, not that long before ths start of the season normally, so there won''t be any deal before then I shouldn''t think...

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="SYG"]I reckon RVW will be our number 9 next season[/quote]

I reckon we need to all concentrate on finishing this season first, and in particular finishing 17th or above. This signing could prove to be an needless distraction.

[/quote]Interestingly, most City supporters are very happy we''ve signed a highly promising striker.  It takes a whole universe of glass-half-emptiness to see it as a "needless distraction."Still, let''s hope Reading stay up.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

I reckon we need to all concentrate on finishing this season first, and in particular finishing 17th or above. This signing could prove to be an needless distraction.

[/quote]

Interestingly, most City supporters are very happy we''ve signed a highly promising striker.  It takes a whole universe of glass-half-emptiness to see it as a "needless distraction."

Still, let''s hope Reading stay up.

[/quote]

Im over the moon with this signing. But everyone on here now seems to be focusing on next season. There is still 8 games to play. That says to me that people are becoming a little distracted. Would it not? There is still alot of work to be done between now and the last game of the season.

I''m not sure I get your  attempted  witty reply.......

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]Interestingly, most City supporters are very happy we''ve signed a highly promising striker.  It takes a whole universe of glass-half-emptiness to see it as a "needless distraction."Still, let''s hope Reading stay up.[/quote]

Im over the moon with this signing. But everyone on here now seems to be focusing on next season. There is still 8 games to play. That says to me that people are becoming a little distracted. Would it not? There is still alot of work to be done between now and the last game of the season.

[/quote]Do you really think the players and management are all running round saying "oh wow, we signed RVW" or do you think they are focusing on the next eight games?And yes you do.

[quote user="splutcho"]Are you as miserable and pessimistic in everything you do Lincoln Canary?[/quote]

No, actually I live the dream. Negativity is needed for debate on here. I like to bring alot of it to the party. It helps for a dynamic message board. It would be pretty crap on here if everyone was ludicrously positive about everything Norwich City wouldn''t it?

I''ll spell it out for you if you like.

We do not have a game this weekend. It is actually a great time to announce a signing like this. There are another 7 days before we play again, plenty of time for lots of people, players, manager and fans to be able to stop one conversation and start another.

Perhaps Holt shouldn''t be allowed to go and do radio commentary on a Carlisle game, or some of our players be allowed to play for their country etc etc..........................

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Interestingly, most City supporters are very happy we''ve signed a highly promising striker.  It takes a whole universe of glass-half-emptiness to see it as a "needless distraction."

Still, let''s hope Reading stay up.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you really think the players and management are all running round saying "oh wow, we signed RVW" or do you think they are focusing on the next eight games?

And yes you do.

[/quote]

And you don''t think that maybe some of the players might actually have opinions on this signing? Perhaps players like Jackson & Holt fearing for their place? Sure this fear could drive the players on to perform but there is also the risk of it going the other way.

And do you also believe that the fans feelings never rub off on players? A crowd full of supporters in holiday mode thinking about next season can''t have a positive effect can it?

I''m sure your right though. As always.  

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]Interestingly, most City supporters are very happy we''ve signed a highly promising striker.  It takes a whole universe of glass-half-emptiness to see it as a "needless distraction."Still, let''s hope Reading stay up.[/quote]

[/quote]Do you really think the players and management are all running round saying "oh wow, we signed RVW" or do you think they are focusing on the next eight games?And yes you do.[/quote]

And you don''t think that maybe some of the players might actually have opinions on this signing? Perhaps players like Jackson & Holt fearing for their place? Sure this fear could drive the players on to perform but there is also the risk of it going the other way.

And do you also believe that the fans feelings never rub off on players? A crowd full of supporters in holiday mode thinking about next season can''t have a positive effect can it?

I''m sure your right though. As always.  

[/quote]If you went to Carrow Road you would know the fans aren''t in "holiday mode".  It''s a bit tense and a bit stressful.  Nobody is taking staying up for granted.I think it should motivate players to give more.  Jackson is out of contract in the summer anyway and why would he be an issue unless Becchio, Kamara and Holt all got injured?Golden Coppell keeping okay?

Ok ok I guess my point is what is the benefit in annoucing this signing now? I''m not saying there isn''t one but I just don''t see why NCFC didnt keep it underwraps till the summer. Despite the leaks in the press and from portugal nobody 100% believed it untill it was confirmed by Hughton today.

I get there has to be someone on either side for debate, but it just seems that it''s always you that''s doom-mongering and moaning.

"lincoln canary" Ok ok I guess my point is what is the benefit in annoucing this signing now? I''m not saying there isn''t one but I just don''t see why NCFC didnt keep it underwraps till the summer. Despite the leaks in the press and from portugal nobody 100% believed it untill it was confirmed by Hughton today.

I don''t think you''re naive enough to believe that that is possible!

The benefit might be to get our strikers to play for the place alongside RVW next season.There doesn''t even need to be a benefit - if the Portuguese team have announced it then why would we deny it?

This was never a post looking to be saying about next season or two far ahead, I am simply saying when it comes to summer should the club then be thinking about making as much from this as possible.

The main focus is of course on the rest of the season, I personally think we just about have enough to stay up and will be fine, but that is not at all why this was posted, was simply wondering others view on the financial side positively of this deal

Well first it benefits the club in the fact that some fans might be saying great look what we did in January...Nothing..Same board. Same Small mind thinking...now they go wow we just spent 10 Mil on a striker from Europe..damn that is some serious business and I wanna see this team play next year and see who else we might bring in over the summer..SEASON TICKET...SOLD.

To answer "why was this deal announced now", aside from the obvious benefits in doing so, SCP are a public company and would HAVE to tell the markets.