Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Hate to be a pessamist, but what happens if we get relegated?

Heard rumours or reports that the deal is a down payment of an initial £3 million which is non refundable. A further £5.5 million is payable on us staying up or the deal is severed in the event of relegation. I don''t know for a second how true that is.

Then I would assume he deal would be null and void. However, I doubt that will be too much of a worry for the Yellow Army.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Will RVW fancy the championship or would the deal collapse?[/quote]

My thoughts too. He surely must have protected himself somehow. There''s no way he would be interested in playing championship football.

Perhaps he could be our first signing to never play for us?? Lets hope we get over the line and look forward to a summer of similar signings and then hopefully some exciting premiership football.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Heard rumours or reports that the deal is a down payment of an initial £3 million which is non refundable. A further £5.5 million is payable on us staying up or the deal is severed in the event of relegation. I don''t know for a second how true that is.[/quote]

I''d imagine something like this, however I wouldn''t expect Norwich to have confirmed any deal until we were mathematically safe. They''d have kept quiet surely.  

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"] Hate to be a pessamist, but what happens if we get relegated?[/quote]Lincoln Canary and Highland Canary will have a Brokeback Mountain moment, Wiz will rejoin the message board, and Pete will delete every thread that ever existed.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"] Hate to be a pessamist, but what happens if we get relegated?[/quote]Lincoln Canary and Highland Canary will have a Brokeback Mountain moment, Wiz will rejoin the message board, and Pete will delete every thread that ever existed.[/quote]Lincoln, Highland and zemas already have a relegation party booked at the Compleat Angler immediately after the Man City game. ''Told you so'' T-shirts will be on sale at the gate.....

[quote user="swindoncanary"]On the wages he''s reported to be on, it would be better not to have him if relegated. -------- Not that it will ever happen.[/quote]

I''ve only seen figures for what he was on at Sporting, what''s he supposed to be on with us?

[quote user="swindoncanary"]On the wages he''s reported to be on, it would be better not to have him if relegated. -------- Not that it will ever happen.[/quote]
Parachute payments would cover him

We can go down, until it is mathematically certain we will not rest on our laurels, but with games running out and a host of teams below us in very indifferent form, we can begin to rise to the top of a mediocre list. Reading manager less is helping us out, qpr beginning to shake and Sunderland with four awful games. I always look at other results and impact on us. It shows that I do not have total faith in our group. But with quality added last summer and now then next season you can be more assured of us handling our business.

The Wigan game is massive, massive a win would put us in the driving seat. A draw not the end of the world but we need to not lose. We need an away win and we need to be at it from the whistle.

What happens if say we miraculously escape relegation, RVW links up with us after the end of the season but the Zombie Holocaust begins on the 30th June??? Is there some sort of clause in the contract to cover this or has McNally c0cked up and we''ll end up paying the full 10 million euros for yet another player who is only capable of shuffling aimlessly around the pitch?

Strewth this signing is massive, shows an enormous statement of belief and intent from our club yet still the legwetters have to find something to be worried about......[:S]Just for once that dearly remembered maxim "Nobody buys players at this time of the year" has worked in our favour, bet there are more than a few clubs in the Premier League looking at this signing this morning and thinking WTF?????

"What happens if say we miraculously escape relegation, RVW links up with us after the end of the season but the Zombie Holocaust begins on the 30th June???"

thread closed. this pretty much sums up the starting post perfectly for me.

TBF The op poses a perfectly legitimate question. There are alot of naive and cocksure people on here. Relegation is still a possibiliity and whilst it is, it seems very strange to announce such a marquee signing. I hope this does not prove to be a distraction.

If Wigan beat us then we are only 4 points off the drop. Regardless of who we play or how many teams are currently between us and the relegation places, 4 points is 4 points, and with 7-8 games to play nobody can say for sure that we are safe.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

TBF The op poses a perfectly legitimate question. There are alot of naive and cocksure people on here. Relegation is still a possibiliity and whilst it is, it seems very strange to announce such a marquee signing. I hope this does not prove to be a distraction.

[/quote]Suppose we had to close the deal early and have taken a fairly safe gamble that we will stay up.It may distract the fans, but I don''t see it distracting the players or management.  And it is extremely unlikely we will be relegated - we won''t finish below Sunderland, for one thing.

Played Points
11 Stoke 30 34
12 Norwich 30 34
13 Newcastle 30 33
14 West Ham 29 33
15 Sunderland 30 31
16 Southampton 30 31
17 Aston Villa 30 30
18 Wigan 29 27
19 Reading 30 23
20 QPR 30 23

It''s a fair question to be  honest, we''re no where near safe yet. Maybe there''s something in place in case the worse scenario does happen.But I''m over the moon with this signing. :)

I''m not 100% confident on this but if it is all done and dusted that RVW will sign on July 1st (which everything indicates that he will) and we are relegated, I reckon we have him for a guaranteed half a season minimum. The reason being, and here I may be wrong, but I didn''t think a player can move twice in one transfer window?

Lincoln, there are also a lot of miserable and pessimistically unrealistic people on here. Actually not that many. You and Highland mainly.

We need 6 points from 8 games to guarantee survival and in reality, 3 or 4 will be enough. Arry reckons if QPR get 37 they will stay up and that''s good enough or me. He does know a little about football after all.

If you really have so little belief in your club even to get such a poor return then what are doing calling yourself a supporter?

Even Bryan Gunn could keep us from here.

David McNally has answered this question. Thread over.

https://twitter.com/davidmcnally62/status/315560990425104384

"We need 6 points from 8 games to guarantee survival and in reality"

Not true. There is at this stage no magic number that guarantees a club does not finish in the bottom three.

West Ham were relegated with 42 points and coincidentally had 27 points on 30 games - Leeds had 34 points and ended up with 47 points

A few other facts

We are closer to 9th place than 18th ................... yet the pantwetting whinging continues

We are as close to Liverpool in 7th as we are to the next two relegation places ................... yet no ones talks of us catching Liverpool up

Get of your snivellin'' knees and show a bit of ambition.... or more likely far cough back to poorman road