Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Attention closet binners and doomongers...

How is it that QPR and Villa are safe yet we, lying 7 points above the drop, are seemingly doomed/ in a scrap?

And why are West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Fulham and Stoke, who are all on equal or one point off us safe? But we aren''t?

Neither a binner or a doom monger, but I don''t go along with  the over exciteable posters who seem to think its all but done or dusted this season.  Any permutation of the bottom ten clubs is still possible and at this stage of the season with nearly 1/4 of the games still to go, I for one won''t be exciteable until we are statistically safe.   A  couple more draws and a win will do it and we should be ok and yes we could even challenge the top ten, but a couple of bad results and with Wigan catching up in the process, there will be ten clubs who will be feeling the pressure, including us.

I trust Hughton to keep us on track, but won''t be one of those people celebrating our season before we have actually achieved anything.   There are still eight games to go and anything can still happen.  The roller coaster hasn''t stopped yet. 

Javier''s Deaf Translator  "so if we win this weekend and go up to 10th (therefore going into the top 10 of the league, obviously) will we in your mind be out of the scrap?"

Yes.   Absolutely.    I  just can''t jump the gun.   If we win on Saturday, that will confirm to everybody that we are here to stay.   Its a big match, not just for Norwich, but all the teams around us.  If we can beat Wigan it will give all the teams above that extra breathing space.   I hope we do, but  a loss would put Wigan right in there with the rest of us and make life a little more scary for the whole of the lower half of the table.A big game.

eh?, who''s saying QPR are safe?!?

It''s all about Wigan in my opinion, if we win ,I think we''re safe, draw and we''re almot there......however if we lose, I don''t think anybody would consider any team in any league in the world 4 points above the relegation zone ,with a worse goal diff than anyone outside the current bottom 4 with 7 games left not to be concerned about their position?, don''t see why we would or should be any different??

It''s human nature to worry and consider what ifs and as Norwich fans who can blame us, but genuinely think we''ll be fine and finish top half. It''s in our own hands and the players haven''t let us down yet and I don''t expect them to now.

" the over exciteable posters who seem to think its all but done or dusted this season", "one of those people celebrating our season before we have actually achieved anything".

And where might these people exist, other than in your fevered imagination ? In the real world nobody thinks anything is ''done and dusted'' with 27 points to play for. Winning the next two games could see us in 9th place. But that isn''t the aim, is it ?

"A couple more draws and a win will do it".

Will do, what exactly ? Stop us being relegated. No mention that a win would put us further up the table, merely further away from Wigan. No comment that any lack of points will stop us climbing the table, just this fixation with relegation

Get off your knees.

I think I''ve just discovered the identity of one of the posters on this thread.

http://www.davidickebooks.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=246

[quote user="City1st"]

" the over exciteable posters who seem to think its all but done or dusted this season", "one of those people celebrating our season before we have actually achieved anything".

And where might these people exist, other than in your fevered imagination ? In the real world nobody thinks anything is ''done and dusted'' with 27 points to play for. Winning the next two games could see us in 9th place. But that isn''t the aim, is it ?

Will do, what exactly ? Stop us being relegated. No mention that a win would put us further up the table, merely further away from Wigan. No comment that any lack of points will stop us climbing the table, just this fixation with relegation

Get off your knees.

[/quote]

Get off your high horse, City 1st.   You plainly are single mindedly fixated that people who don''t think your way are suffering some kind of delusion. There are all views out there.  The facts remain that we are not safe although there are plenty of posters saying we are safe already (you will know this if you read this board regularly, which you surely do).    Also, "a couple more draws and a win will do it" means nothing more than that we are safe and can push on to the end of the season. I also said in the same sentence that we could still finish in the top ten. All possibilities are still out there.   We could do well or we could do badly over the next few weeks.   Unless you have crystal balls you have no idea what is going to happen in the next few matches.   

So if you are going to have such a high handed attitude at least have the decency to read posts properly and not make broad assumptions and sweeping accusations based on your own prejudices. 

Oh dear Ha Ya. You''ve really gone and done it now. It''ll be along in a moment, maybe even before I''ve finished writing this...get ready now....

[quote user="City1st"]

Get off your knees.

[/quote]

will you still be using your stock phrase of "get off your knees" if in a weeks time if our cushion from the bottom 3 has very feasibly eroded from 10 to 7 to 4 points in the space of 2 rounds of games.......doesnt take a lot to work out what could happen in another 2 beyond that?...I think I''ll concentrate on getting to the safety mark first and if/when that happens we''ll see where we can potentially finish in any remaining games.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]How is it that QPR and Villa are safe yet we, lying 7 points above the drop, are seemingly doomed/ in a scrap? And why are West Ham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Fulham and Stoke, who are all on equal or one point off us safe? But we aren''t?[/quote]

I defy you to find one solitary post from this message-board that says QPR are already safe. A few posters until recently (and possibly even now) said they thought QPR would stay up. But safe? I have never seen such a post. And the same pretty much applies to Villa. There is a whole world of difference between thinking a club will stay up and regarding therm as safe. I think we will stay up, but I still don''t regard us as being safe.

Actually Ha Ya, I think he''s done you on his ''Fear of ambition'' thread. It''s a good un though

"ambitionless and gutleess whingers have attached themselves to our club . Only happy if we are back in the Championship"

Lots of our favourites in there.

[quote user="dpit"]Actually Ha Ya, I think he''s done you on his ''Fear of ambition'' thread. It''s a good un though

"ambitionless and gutleess whingers have attached themselves to our club . Only happy if we are back in the Championship"

Lots of our favourites in there.[/quote]

Sadly, City 1st is so far up his own backside regarding our club he can''t understand reasonable views when they are posted on here.  Everyone apart from him is apparently  an inferior gutter crawling low life of a supporter not worthy of wearing the green and yellow of our club.   Well he''s wrong.

"We are closer to 9th place than 18th ................... yet the pantwetting whinging continues"

"Get of your snivellin'' knees and show a bit of ambition.... or more likely far cough back to poorman road"

And another couple of classics he''s just posted.

Lovely.

Don''t such a "fussie gussie" purple, I have heard some (Highland Canary...) say that they are confident QPR can stay up.

You''ll notice that you don''t need to rattle the stick in the swill bin too many times young BW

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Don''t such a "fussie gussie" purple, I have heard some (Highland Canary...) say that they are confident QPR can stay up.[/quote]

In English words have meanings. Saying a club can stay up is not the same as saying they are already safe. 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Don''t such a "fussie gussie" purple, I have heard some (Highland Canary...) say that they are confident QPR can stay up.[/quote]

In English words have meanings.

[/quote]Such a unique language in that respect.

"You''ll notice that you don''t need to rattle the stick in the swill bin too many times young BW"

And here''s allusion to other posters being pigs and to him being merely a ''rabble rouser'' drawing them in. Or have I misinterpreted this?

So, agent provocateur? upstanding and moral high ground occupying supporter of this club? Or something else?

[quote user="dpit"]"You''ll notice that you don''t need to rattle the stick in the swill bin too many times young BW" And here''s allusion to other posters being pigs and to him being merely a ''rabble rouser'' drawing them in. Or have I misinterpreted this? So, agent provocateur? upstanding and moral high ground occupying supporter of this club? Or something else?[/quote]

http://www.netlingo.com/word/troll.php

Probably the third one?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

In English words have meanings.

[/quote]

Such a unique language in that respect.

[/quote]

Touché, Chops. But English has by far the largest vocabulary of any Earth language, and with that comes more precision of meaning than in some others. From BW''s Cat''s repeated failure to understand the essential difference in meaning under discussion the possibility arose that English was not his first language. Another clue being "fussie gussie". I was just trying to be helpful.

We have seen some big reverses, mostly with Bassong missing, I think, but we have to face the fact that they can happen. Our past few games have shown a resilience which brings some reassurance, but the margin between three points for us and no points in a game is very slight. One simple error may be enough.

My personal view is that we should, just about, survive.  I would be more confident if CH had found a way for us to score goals. But with the belief/hope of survival is the anxiety that a number of things could go wrong. We play a few games against top teams from which we can realistically expect little - Man C. and Arsenal away, and perhaps Stoke. Then there are tough home games - Swansea, WBA because of skill, and Reading and Villa because they are fighting for their lives. CH has been saying all season that there are no easy games in the Premiership, and that is even truer now.

For these reasons something gained at Wigan would be great - rerjoicing if we manage to win, but satisfied if we grind out a draw.

And when I look at the fixtures of other clubs, and notice that Wigan have to play away at QPR, West Ham and Reading, as well as Arsenal, Man C. and WBA, as well as Spurs,Swansea and Villa at home, I realise that we could be saved by the damage the lower teams do to each other. West Ham have a tough run in, as do Villa and Sunderland. When lower teams play each other at least one contesting side can achieve one point at maximum.

If I could be sure of our own performance against top teams and against bottom teams fighting for their lives, confidence would be much greater. Certainty must await a few more games, as we hopefully accumulate a few more points.

My predictions for the drop are Reading, Sunderland and either Wigan or QPR. Above them should be Newcastle, Villa and West Ham, but you never know!