Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

Big John SSN

For those that missed it:-

- Obv spoke about his injury and is back in training. Hoping to get a couple of u21 games under his belt before pushing for a first team place. Was asked if it was better just to wait till next season incase of a recurrence but he was having none of it. Def wants to feature this season

- Was asked about the contrast in management between Lambo & Hughton. With Lambo being more aggresive and ''in ur face'' compared to Hughton''s laid back approach.

- Happy with signing of RVW and feels he will add quality

- Hopes to be picked for Brazil 2014 with a lot of comp for places now Foster is back. San Marino win was expected.

i wondered if he would put his comeback off until next season so that answers that . brilliant to see him between the sticks again, but you have to feel for Bunn, who has really improved since he took over.

Not wanting to tempt fate, but I can see Norwich having to fend off a number of sizeable bids from ''bigger'' clubs for Ruddy this summer.

The only big club i can see bidding for him are Arsenal as the majority all have world class gk''s at their disposal.

On soccer am he seemed grateful for Norwich giving him the break through and wasn''t happy about playing 2nd fiddle so unless he is guaranteed the number 1 jersey there i can''t really see him going to be honest.

Also with his family all from cambridge way i''m sure he''s pretty settled in this area.

Though it did get me thinking if we did sell i wouldn''t be that upset wiv Bunn as numero uno.

[quote user="NWC"]...was also wearing a nice "chunky - knit"!![/quote]

His wife obviously chose that for him.

Sad to say but i heard it on very good authority tonight that man utd have had scouts at many of our home games this season to watch ruddy. I guess we need to brace ourselves for a sizeable bid in the summer.

[quote user="super dave"]Sad to say but i heard it on very good authority tonight that man utd have had scouts at many of our home games this season to watch ruddy. I guess we need to brace ourselves for a sizeable bid in the summer.[/quote]I''d be gutted if we lost him but at the same time I''d be genuinely delighted for JR if he went to a footballing giant like Man Utd. I don''t think he''d backup to anyone for long if at all and such a move would almost certainly give him a better chance of wresting the England no 1 jersey from Flapper Hart. In Bunn and Camp we have two top notch ''keepers with another two coming through the youth system so no worries imo on that score.A high profile move and a genuine chance of the number 1 shirt for England is good for Big John but it'' can only be good for the club as well, you would expect a sizeable transfer fee with addons pending international recognition etc, a fee that we wouldn''t even need to spend on a direct replacement but possibly the biggest benefit is that we could be seen as a good club for aspiring talented players from all countries looking for a way into the Premier League, rather than a "dead end" club like Fulham or Stoke, clubs whose players tend to have peaked upon signing. If players look on Norwich as a good club to sign for, a club at which if they do well they can attract the attention of the biggest clubs in the World that can only be a good thing, perhaps the RVW''s of the international leagues have already realised this, two good years with us and it''s highly probable Ricky can see himself signing for an Arsenal or Man Utd and wearing the orange at the World Cup finals......

[quote user="super dave"]Sad to say but i heard it on very good authority tonight that man utd have had scouts at many of our home games this season to watch ruddy. I guess we need to brace ourselves for a sizeable bid in the summer.[/quote]...well, they wont have seen much as Bunn has played more than Ruddy.

You can''t be serious?

Losing Ruddy and being left with Bunn & Camp is a drop down in quality.  I also do not think that Bunn & Camp are 2 top notch keepers, so for me there are most certainly worries on that score if Ruddy were to go.