Sign in to follow this  
Big Chief

Opposition getting better?

Although I am committed to fully supporting my beloved Canaries both physically and financially, am I the only one that is annoyed that the sell outs have been used as an excuse to promote the likes of Gillingham, Stoke and Wigan to ''A'' grade matches. I am realiably informed that Walsall and Preston will be the same. Walsall ''A'' grade! I think not. As we rush headlong towards possible promotion, I wonder what will give out first. My nerve or my wallet. Your views please.

I`ve got sympathy for people who struggle to afford football in these days of inflated prices, but i think with unemployment so low+the minimum wage this group is far smaller than it used to be.

I also think the club has been amazingly fair in recent years. They could easily have hiked prices for the Chelsea cup game, the extremely limited casual tickets this season, or season tickets for next season-ok i know they`ve gone up a bit,but i still think with the recent investment in players+possible premiership they are very good value. £33 for a kids s.ticket in the premier......?! The club also still have generous concessions which help most of those who struggle to afford the prices.

Hands up who was desperate to see Hucks join permanently, and was amazed when Svennson+Mckenzie joined as well? Sorry mate, but with our club taking a big gamble and at last showing real ambition i think its a bit off to complain about paying a few extra quid!

i see both of your points, but whats the point of having a ''class a'' if clubs like walsall are in it.the club may as well just have the same prices for every match

Archie, I agree that if we''re going to have the likes of Walsall and Crewe as "Class A" we may as well scrap the class catagorising of games. However, success breeds success and I don''t think we can begrudge them charging an extra £5/10 for a ticket. They know they will sell so why not

Fair points, but the way i see it the method of dividing games into different classes is as much about the overall importance of the match (+therefore demand) as it is about opposition. For example, if by some miracle we played Walsall in the play-offs or the F.A.cup quarter-final i dont think anyone would be surprised if it was grade A because we know the tickets could be sold twice over.

I can think of other clubs (and past regimes!) who,in the face of current demand, would have introduced an A+ grade of £26-£30 for the West Ham, Ipswich+ Preston games. There would have been a brief outcry, but we all know the tickets would have been sold. I mean, how cheap were those 8-game s.tickets? £110 per adult for 8 of the biggest games in the clubs history! They could have been £140+ i think they would have still reached the cap.

There comes a point where by being scrupulously fair with supporters, the club is actually shooting itself in the foot+ i believe City have reached that point.

yep , its a small price to pay to get the calibre of players here like huckerby . how much would you pay just to see goals like saturdays ?

but if we do get to the prem i''m not going to be able to afford many games since we will presumably be paying 30 quid plus.

does anyone actually know what the charges are going to be for general sale tickets?