Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

One For The Doom Mongers! - Despite Our 'Woeful Run', We Have Still.....

.............only average 1 defeat in 3 all season. 

Let''s look at this pessimistically (you''ll like that).  We have 8 games remaining, going off our season form, we''ll lose 2 or 3, but let''s say we lose 3.  Let''s also be pessimistic [Y] and say we win none of the other 5 [:D].  So, being as pessimistic as the world''s most pessimistic City fan could be, that is 5 draws and 5 points from the remaining fixtures.

Stoke, Newcastle, West Ham, Sunderland, Southampton, Villa, Wigan, will ALL need to get to 39 points and a better GD or 40 points to relegate us.

Bearing in mind we still have Stoke, Villa & Wigan to play, and the draws have to come from somewhere & also bearing in mind the teams below us still have to play each other, is it likely that we''ll go down on 39 points?[:^)]

The pessimistic view is that we struggle to pick up any points at all.  Yes, a draw or two would help, but football is a funny thing.  I wouldn''t say we''re going to be ok yet.  We could end up bottom or we could end up in the top ten.  All possibilities are still there.  No need for doomongers to doommonger or happy clappers to happy clap.    The season ain''t over yet.

All this doubt caused by a combination of Grant Holt''s penalty miss (for once I hasten to add) and the decisions of a dodgy linesman.

We could realistically have that extra four points by now. The consolation is that these things tend to even out in the end, hopefully against Wigan on Saturday and especially against Villa after that.

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"]The pessimistic view is that we struggle to pick up any points at all.  Yes, a draw or two would help, but football is a funny thing.  I wouldn''t say we''re going to be ok yet.  We could end up bottom or we could end up in the top ten.  All possibilities are still there.  No need for doomongers to doommonger or happy clappers to happy clap.    The season ain''t over yet.

[/quote]"I''ve had a sip of my drink and it''s already half empty"

As things are, I don''t expect us to score many goals, and so continue our trend of grinding out draws. The question is whether we can hold out defensively.

I think that we can provided that Bassong remains on the pitch, not injured and not suspended, and that he comes back from Africa in one piece. Wrap him in cotton wool!

We have some tough games where we shall get nothing - Arsenal and Man C. away, possibly Stoke away. The homes games are not exactly pushovers,- WBA, Swansea and the "six pointers" Reading and Villa. The other game, our next, is against Wigan which, as others have observed is perhaps the most vital of the season - win this and we almost home and dry, draw it and we condemn Wigan. I think that Wigan may exert themselves!

Our safety could well come from lower teams playing each other, where in each case the most that at least one team can gain is one point, although the allocation may be three and zero. The idea of a six pointer is a cliche, but these teams, including us, will be fighting for survival. The games may not be pretty!

Reading seem doomed, Sunderland rapidly going that way and it could be Wigan or QPR for the last place. We shal;lo avoid it if we can gain one win and one draw, I believe. Come on, City!

quote user="Ha'' ya got a loight boy?"]The pessimistic view is that we struggle to pick up any points at all.  Yes, a draw or two would help, but football is a funny thing.  I wouldn''t say we''re going to be ok yet.  We could end up bottom or we could end up in the top ten.  All possibilities are still there.  No need for doomongers to doommonger or happy clappers to happy clap.    The season ain''t over yet.

[/quote

No, the pessimistic view of struggling to pick up any points at all, is   something I do not want to be within listening distance for the rest of the season. I do not want to be close to those sort of people, and would have to keep sharp objects out of reach 

I think that the impact of KK and Becchio will increase over the final 8 matches. Add to that the RVW signing and I think City will certainly get the 4-6 points needed and more as well. A win over Wigan would put City very close to safety if Sunderland lose to ManUtd (10 points clear and 7 to play).Keep the faith people and focus on probabilities rather than possibilities.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"]The pessimistic view is that we struggle to pick up any points at all.  Yes, a draw or two would help, but football is a funny thing.  I wouldn''t say we''re going to be ok yet.  We could end up bottom or we could end up in the top ten.  All possibilities are still there.  No need for doomongers to doommonger or happy clappers to happy clap.    The season ain''t over yet.

[/quote]"I''ve had a sip of my drink and it''s already half empty"[/quote]

If you''re referring to me, ncfcstar, my glass is quite adequately filled, thank you.   I simply won''t get excited until we get those wins/draws we need.   Then we can all celebrate a good season.   You nervous nellies out there that can''t even contemplate the worst case scenarios need to take some confidence pills.    Anything is still possible, looking up or down.   I hope the players have got stronger nerves than  some of you. 

"Add to that the RVW signing and I think City will certainly get the 4-6 points needed and more as well."

How exactly can RVW help us between now and the end of the season?

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"]The pessimistic view is that we struggle to pick up any points at all.  Yes, a draw or two would help, but football is a funny thing.  I wouldn''t say we''re going to be ok yet.  We could end up bottom or we could end up in the top ten.  All possibilities are still there.  No need for doomongers to doommonger or happy clappers to happy clap.    The season ain''t over yet.

[/quote]"I''ve had a sip of my drink and it''s already half empty"[/quote]

If you''re referring to me, ncfcstar, my glass is quite adequately filled, thank you.   I simply won''t get excited until we get those wins/draws we need.   Then we can all celebrate a good season.   You nervous nellies out there that can''t even contemplate the worst case scenarios need to take some confidence pills.    Anything is still possible, looking up or down.   I hope the players have got stronger nerves than  some of you. 

[/quote]I think it''s quite obvious I was referring to you and your constant negative bleating.I''m not nervous at all, I''m fully confident we will be staying up, so there is no need to contemplate a ''worst case scenario''.  What a horrible life we''d all lead if that''s all we ever thought about.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

All this doubt caused by a combination of Grant Holt''s penalty miss (for once I hasten to add) and the decisions of a dodgy linesman.

We could realistically have that extra four points by now. The consolation is that these things tend to even out in the end, hopefully against Wigan on Saturday and especially against Villa after that.

[/quote]...sorry, but they don''t. how many penalties should we have been awarded this season so far? i reckon at least six, and we have one. a deficit of five. in order to even out we would need to be awarded 5 dodgy penalties in our last 8 games. is this going to happen? not a chance in he££.

"Joanna Grey" "Add to that the RVW signing and I think City will certainly get the 4-6 points needed and more as well."

How exactly can RVW help us between now and the end of the season?

The psychological boost that his signing may give to our current squad.

The pessimistic view is that we struggle to pick up any points at all.  Yes, a draw or two would help, but football is a funny thing.  I wouldn''t say we''re going to be ok yet.  We could end up bottom or we could end up in the top ten.  All possibilities are still there.  No need for doomongers to doommonger or happy clappers to happy clap.    The season ain''t over yet.

We could end up bottom. ! Just as Wigan stadium could collapse overnight or all City players could be struck down by a mystery virus. The list is literally endless if we are to concern ourselves with what is possible.

The question is what is probable. What is within the accepted boundaries of probability. At the moment being closer to 9th than 17th, having less clubs between us and 9th than the number of club between us and 17th, would suggest 9th place is more likely. So why not give us your thoughts about our chances of finishing 9th, after all in your eyes it''s a possibility.

ps at least get your terminology correct. Happy Clappers was (and I suspect still is) used to describe ''fans'' who are now called plastics. Those newbies who were there (Carrow Road) for the experience and would happily join in anything form of celebration as long as the club requested them to do so. Happily clap along to anything.