Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Arsenal Away

If anyone has tickets and is unable to go, please let me know.  I missed out in the Group 3 ballot, but would really like to get hold of some tickets for the game closest to my home in London!I''ve never felt more aggrieved than I do now about the current away ticket allocation system.  I''ve been to 8 away games over the last 12 months, but that puts me in the same boat as someone who has been to none!

"Got 3 through ballot 3, never in a million years thought we would get them!! just the luck of the draw"

Pass the Deep Heat when you have finished with it.

...and perhaps LOCAL players as well, Mungo? What shall we say, those born in Norwich only-or will you stretch it to Norfolk?  

Matt ive been to 8 away games since October and i didnt get any, but im guessing the ( Lets go to the Emirates glory hunters ) probably half of them wont be at Wigan next saturday, im cutting a holiday short to make it away game number 9 !

Oh and Mungo, go play on the middle lane of the M6 in the dark wearing a black jacket, please......

I hope there''s a better turnout than at recent games at Wigan. I understand the difficult economic times can make travel expensive but at least Wigan is only £20 a ticket.

Arsenal is the only game this season to go to a ballot in group 3. Compare that to last year - we didn''t even take the full allocation at Man U.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

I think tickets should be allocated according to how close you live to Carrow Road.

Norwich City - a LOCAL club for LOCAL people

[/quote]

Well done - the worst idea i have heard !!!!

So I have been to all away games this season and have a home season ticket but live 30 miles from carrow road and your saying that someone who lives closer to carrow road but hasnt been to a game all years deserves a ticket more!

I''ve got a ticket for Arsenal away - (group 2 member) but my friend who is as die hard Norwich City fan as the rest of us didnt get tickets and he is in group 3 (season ticket holder but hasnt been to 10 away games this year).. Of course not everyone can get tickets but I dont think it should be decided on whether you''ve been to other games in a season.I saw my friend at the weekend and we both mutally came to the agreement that a set amount of tickets for a high profile game such as this should go to general sale. Maybe 10 or 15 of all match tickets? My friend is away at university at the moment so doesnt have much disposal income for away games (although he has been to 4/5 away games this season including Wigan on saturday) and I''m not really sure why anyone should miss out on away tickets just because they might not have enough money to go to 10+ away games. The other thing that really grinds my gears is the fact that having a home season ticket (or not!) can deem what group you are in for away tickets. The season ticket waiting list is quite high at the moment and unless the doom mongers on this forum are proved right we will remain in the top flight and our fanbase will grow. There are lots of people who go to nigh on every home game who dont have season tickets so why should they miss out on big away fixtures to someone who might only goto half the home games but are a season ticket holder.Why can we not just move to a points system - keeping home and away games seperate- and not this pathetic 10 games and you''re in way of doing things?

Don''t feed the troll, I think if it hasn''t already been decided, using the "Local club for local people" line is the definite proof that he''s on a wind up.

League Of Gentlemen fan Mungo?

Personally I think points should be awarded for away fixtures attended in the previous season, and tickets should simply be allocated to the people with the most points first.  The points schedule would be :

ManU, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man C, Liverpool - all 0 points.

Everton, Fulham, Newcastle, West Brom - 5 points per game.

Villa, Southampton, Swansea, Wigan, Reading, QPR, West Ham, Sunderland - 10 points per game.

Stoke - 100 points.

So someone who goes to all the "big" games gets no points, while someone who goes to say Villa, Soton, Wigan, Reading, Sunderland would get 50 points, etc.

This scientific approach would mean that all future ticket allocations would be done fairly and there would be no scope for arguments.

PS being serious to the OP, sorry that you haven''t got a ticket Matt.  I think you''re a victim of Arsenal''s pricing policy which I think is carefully tailored to maximise their revenue.  Big games get extremely high prices, hence we heard about Man C fans boycotting their fixture because of the £60 price.  Whereas for less attractive games, which realistically includes us, they have pushed down the price presumably to try to get the stadium filled up.  Hence this one is a lot cheaper than say Chelsea or Spurs and is the only game all season I can remember going to a ballot with Group 3 being over-subscribed.

I don''t suppose it''s any consolation that application forms for Stoke are now available ?

The away ticket allocations really need to be looked at. I live in London, come back to 90% of home games and go to all London away games, including a few further afield (including Newcastle away), but don''t make ten a season. Why I shouldn''t be allowed to go to one of the best away days of the season is a joke, when others who only want to go to this one can.

Besides, having to physically hand in ten stubs is an archaic method. Why can''t we have some sort of loyalty points system, like EVERY OTHER CLUB in the top flight. The same thing happened last season, and I ended up having to get a ticket in the home end. To be honest tickets should just be first come first served, with them being released to different groups first depending on which group they are allocated to.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I''ve got a ticket for Arsenal away - (group 2 member) but my friend who is as die hard Norwich City fan as the rest of us didnt get tickets and he is in group 3 (season ticket holder but hasnt been to 10 away games this year).. Of course not everyone can get tickets but I dont think it should be decided on whether you''ve been to other games in a season.I saw my friend at the weekend and we both mutally came to the agreement that a set amount of tickets for a high profile game such as this should go to general sale. Maybe 10 or 15 percent of all match tickets? My friend is away at university at the moment so doesnt have much disposal income for away games (although he has been to 4/5 away games this season including Wigan on saturday) and I''m not really sure why anyone should miss out on away tickets just because they might not have enough money to go to 10+ away games. The other thing that really grinds my gears is the fact that having a home season ticket (or not!) can deem what group you are in for away tickets. The season ticket waiting list is quite high at the moment and unless the doom mongers on this forum are proved right we will remain in the top flight and our fanbase will grow. There are lots of people who go to nigh on every home game who dont have season tickets so why should they miss out on big away fixtures to someone who might only goto half the home games but are a season ticket holder.Why can we not just move to a points system - keeping home and away games seperate- and not this pathetic 10 games and you''re in way of doing things? [/quote]

I am not sure the away ticket procedures do need to be looked at.  Its only this game (I think) that has not gone to general sale this season. 

Whilst I understand Matt''s plight, I am not sure, because of what I have just stated, that the club will have any desire to change a polcy that they have had for years for just one game a season!!

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

PS being serious to the OP, sorry that you haven''t got a ticket Matt.  I think you''re a victim of Arsenal''s pricing policy which I think is carefully tailored to maximise their revenue.  Big games get extremely high prices, hence we heard about Man C fans boycotting their fixture because of the £60 price.  Whereas for less attractive games, which realistically includes us, they have pushed down the price presumably to try to get the stadium filled up.  Hence this one is a lot cheaper than say Chelsea or Spurs and is the only game all season I can remember going to a ballot with Group 3 being over-subscribed.

I don''t suppose it''s any consolation that application forms for Stoke are now available ?

[/quote]Yes, I fully agree. Had the tickets been £40-£50 a hit I''m sure all in Group 3 would have been successful.  At least I''ve got a trip to Wigan on Saturday to look forward to; can''t believe it''s almost 10 years since Iwan grabbed us a 1-1 draw in off the post from Hucks pass (can still picture the toothless celebrations)!

I have a lot of sympathy for this as I didn''t get a ticket last season in group 3. I eventually managed to get one though so don''t stop trying!

I agree that a different system is needed but this will be a very touchy subject. Someone will always claim the system is bad, which ever one is used. A points system seems to be the most appropriate however, as this one is just silly. I have been to ever away game and home game this season, I have to get up at 4 am to go to Sunderland last week and if I didn''t get Arsenal tickets I would have been pretty peeved. Luckily I am in group 2.

A points system certainly would trim out the people that only go to these "bigger" grounds because they are where Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc play. It will also stop the people who think it''s a good idea to sit in the wrong end! That''s something that really annoys me. A person who has no interest in Norwich City and just wants to look at Robin van Persie''s bum for 90 minutes won''t go to places like Southampton or Reading (No disrespect to them) to earn the right t a ticket to do so.

In short I like the points system idea. Good luck with your hunt for tickets Matt and I hope you can get some.

But only ONE game has gone to a ballot in group 3 this season! Indeed, I don''t recall this season individuals losing out in a ballot in groups 4 and 5. Seems given our reduced demand for away matches, for 18 out of 19 games everyone is happy.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]But only ONE game has gone to a ballot in group 3 this season! Indeed, I don''t recall this season individuals losing out in a ballot in groups 4 and 5. Seems given our reduced demand for away matches, for 18 out of 19 games everyone is happy.[/quote]Saw an article by Steve Gedge (sp?) a few months ago and he talked about the club buying up less away tickets so next season we could be looking at a lot more ballots.

Im with Mungo, i believe that if you have been to Carrow Road on a wet/cold tuesday night game 1n 1996 then you should be allocated a ticket.

Also the club should change how they do away tickets, heres a few options

1. Season Ticket Holders of 10 + years get first option

2. Season Ticket Holders of 5 + years get second option

3.Half Scarf wearers and Glory Hunters get the remaining few!!

Simple

NCFC are taken small allocations for a reason.  This is the main reason NCFC run the application form process for almost every game is to access interest and help then decide what allocation to take. Most clubs make you pay up front for the second part of any larger allocation - no point taking it if you cant sell it!