Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Dutch influx?

Apologies for a new thread but couldnt see it being discussed in the others.
Do we think RVW could be the first of a number of Dutch players to join us? Im thinking along the lines of Newcastle''s French connection, could we see another 3 or 4 Dutch players joining us? If so, who would you want? Elia is the one that immediately springs to my mind who we may have a legit shot at getting...

What about Jody Lukoki. Looked fantastic against us preseason and has 3 goals and assists in 16. Not a bad return for a young winger.

I''ve always liked Ibrahim Afellay - never understood why he hasn''t played more for Barca. He''s 26 and currently out on loan to FC Utrecht.

Since 2011 when they signed him he''s played just 20 times. In fact, he''s made more appearances for his country in that time than he has for his own club. It''s disgraceful what big clubs do to players, mind you, I''m sure he happily collected the medals along the way though.

I''m not suggesting we sign him by any means, we''d be priced out of a move for sure, just a shame as he was the pick of the bunch in his youthful days. There''s definitely plenty of talent in Dutch football though

Maybe like the Norwegian influx

or the Spanish influx

.......... which didn''t happen

Nor did the Cameroon influx

perhaps we may have an Argentinian influx or even a Sierra Leone influx

who knows ?

I think Zakaria Labyad, also of Sporting Lisbon, could be another absolutely excellent player to add to a Dutch collection and could more than likely be bought for an complete bargain price with Sporting''s current troubles.

[quote user="City1st"]

or the Spanish influx

who knows ?

[/quote]
I knew Id get sarcastic crap like this.
Van Wolfy is 24 and having a few Dutch players in the squad that he could speak his native language with may help him settle a bit.All the players you refer to above are 27+ with the exception of Tettey (27 in 10 days), and have been in English speaking (as a 1st language) countries for several years (again except Tettey). We didn''t shell out double our record ever transfer fee on Tettey so if he hadn''t settled it would not have been a massive issue. 
If Wolfy doesnt settle, it will be 8.5mill wasted, so I would think it''s actually quite logical to think we may be bringing one or two Dutchmen in to help the lad find his feet, if we can ones of a suitable quality for the right price. In addition to that, Holland is a 40min flight from Norwich airport so again it would be fairly logical in terms of players being "close to home" and the Dutch generally have a good level of English so it shouldn''t upset our squad too much.
Try thinking constructively and you will find it actually makes quite a lot of sense that this is possible, that is of course making the assumption you''re capable of doing anything more than finding the lowest common denominator and using it to make petty sniping attacks due to some personal self-esteem problems you seemingly have.

Another one I''d throw into the suggestion box, although he may be slightly above us in status but with signings like RVW maybe he isn''t

...Georginio Wijnaldum of PSV only 22 and having a sensational season this year, scoring 21 goals in all competitions with 8 assists from an attacking midfield position.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="City1st"]

or the Spanish influx

who knows ?

[/quote]
Van Wolfy is 24 and having a few Dutch players in the squad that he could speak his native language with may help him settle a bit.All the players you refer to above are 27+ with the exception of Tettey (27 in 10 days), and have been in English speaking (as a 1st language) countries for several years (again except Tettey). We didn''t shell out double our record ever transfer fee on Tettey so if he hadn''t settled it would not have been a massive issue. 
If Wolfy doesnt settle, it will be 8.5mill wasted, so I would think it''s actually quite logical to think we may be bringing one or two Dutchmen in to help the lad find his feet, if we can ones of a suitable quality for the right price. In addition to that, Holland is a 40min flight from Norwich airport so again it would be fairly logical in terms of players being "close to home" and the Dutch generally have a good level of English so it shouldn''t upset our squad too much.
Try thinking constructively and you will find it actually makes quite a lot of sense that this is possible, that is of course making the assumption you''re capable of doing anything more than finding the lowest common denominator and using it to make petty sniping attacks due to some personal self-esteem problems you seemingly have.
[/quote]
This is all good reasoning, but not really necessary for a dutch player. Dutch people speak perfect English, actually like the English and our probably the most similar to us out of any other European country, so I don''t think there is any need to bring in any other Dutch players to help him settle, although more would be nice!

[quote user="City1st"]

or the Spanish influx

who knows ?

[/quote]

You could have just said no.

At least you refrained from calling someone terminally dim this time.

[quote user="Renskay"]Another one I''d throw into the suggestion box, although he may be slightly above us in status but with signings like RVW maybe he isn''t

...Georginio Wijnaldum of PSV only 22 and having a sensational season this year, scoring 21 goals in all competitions with 8 assists from an attacking midfield position.[/quote]...looks good, transfermarkt rate him at £5.7M. has played 3,000 minutes or 33 games in total, and scored 21 goals with 8 assists. what''s not to like about him.[:D]

Newcaslte''s ''French Connection'' is due to Newcaslte doing the majority of their scouting in the French Leagues,RVW is coming from Portugal???????So why would we be more likly to sign Dutch players?

"RVW is coming from Portugal???????

So why would we be more likly to sign Dutch players?"

Because RVW needs someone to hold his hand and protect him from the big boys obviously.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="City1st"]

or the Spanish influx

who knows ?

[/quote]
[/quote]

There''s no need to soften your point.

"If Wolfy doesnt settle, it will be 8.5mill wasted, so I would think it''s actually quite logical to think we may be bringing one or two Dutchmen in to help the lad find his feet"

He is a professional footballer, not a bl oody panda !

[quote user="Renskay"]Another one I''d throw into the suggestion box, although he may be slightly above us in status but with signings like RVW maybe he isn''t

...Georginio Wijnaldum of PSV only 22 and having a sensational season this year, scoring 21 goals in all competitions with 8 assists from an attacking midfield position.[/quote]

Next seasons Michu ;)

[quote user="City1st"]

"If Wolfy doesnt settle, it will be 8.5mill wasted, so I would think it''s actually quite logical to think we may be bringing one or two Dutchmen in to help the lad find his feet"

He is a professional footballer, not a bl oody panda !

[/quote]

Wouldn''t it be cheaper to get a few people wearing clogs, install a few high-visibility hookers in the windows of Carrow Road flats, tie a few houseboats to the moorings by Wetherspoons Riverside and legalise drugs?

[quote user="spencer 1970"]A superb write up on him on wiki... Georginio Wijnaldum was born and raised in Rotterdam,he farted South Holland.[/quote]

My money is on the likelihood that he did it in the north as well.