Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Transfer window shuts this Thurs (28th)

We us having 8 (?) players already out on loan I cannot see anyone else going out, bar Butterfield who I believe is now back with us.

If that was the plan for Francombe (a loan),then he I would have though he would have gone already.

Point is, who is out on loan to develop their career with City ..... Rudd, Smith, Adeyemi ?

and who is in the shop window so to speak, or already playing for their next club............ Martin, Ward, Barnett ?

I wonder what the plan is with Francomb? Apparently he can cross, pass and is good with free kicks. He also seems to get a good write up when involved with the Development Squad.

Without those out on loan I make it we have 25 players including Camp and Rip van Winkle

Presuming we ''lose'' a keeper and possibly Tierney, Fox, Jackson and maybe Surnam that allows for only 5 new players

of which we have to fit in some of  Vaughan, Smith, Adeyami, and Rudd

I think we maybe seeing the exit of at least a couple of other players who have made a number of first team appearances this season.

Interesting times ahead, it would seem

Francomb is an odd one, not really got close to the first team, or had a decent run other than in pre-seasons - and not appeared in cup games this year AFAIK. So quite odd he isn''t out on loan as he''s highly rated. Smith sounds like our best product of late, whether he''ll squeeze his way into the side over the next few years is anyone''s guess, but highly rated by a lot of people.

I''d expect Camp, Tierney, Fox, Jacko, Surman, Vaughan, Ward and one of Ayala or Barnett to leave in the summer. Meaning we''d need a left back, centre back (C. Davies?), a winger, a central midfielder, and another striker.

Not sure about Butterfield, or whether he''ll ever come good - I''d sell him too and bring in someone with more experience to challenge Hoolahoop for a place (Weimann?)

I would think a loan for one/both Murphy twins is a possibility, although we may well leave that until next season.

I think the current loanees have reached a certain level and so are now either honing that ability or selling it. I suspect either Murphy will not have reached that and any loan might actually be detrimental at this stage.

Would agree that next season they may well be out on season long loans.

The club will be developing younger players this way from now on

I believe we have a full squad right now.

GK: Ruddy, Bunn, Camp. (3)

DF: Whittaker, R.Martin, R.Bennett, Barnett, Bassong, Turner, Garrido(L), Tierney.(8)

MF: Hoolahan, Pilkington, Snodgrass, Johnson, E.Bennett, Surman, Howson, Fox, Tettey, Butterfield.(10).

STR: Holt, Jackson, Becchio, Kamara(L).(4)

Those not in the named 25 and eligible to be:

Ward - Hughton has already stated he is not returning and is effectively playing for a contract.

Ayala and C.Martin, Vaughan.

Those that don''t count but that will next season (presumably, I''m not 100% on this): Adeyemi, Smith, Rudd, Francomb (with an option of another year should we take it up).

Players in the current 25 that will be out of contract:

Tierney, Jackson.

Younger players out of contract: Rudd, Steer, Adeyemi.

Now I am not 100% sure on all of that but other than LB it pretty much leaves us needing to shed players to bring through any of the younger ones and any new signings.

I can see Camp going and Rudd being offered new terms. But I can also see them keeping Camp (should he wish to stay) and letting Rudd go but keeping Steer.

It is going to be a very interesting summer - there are a number of players who will only have a year left on their contracts by then.

With those who have been out of the picture for most of the season you have to add question marks to the likes of Barnett and Fox. Maybe others are right in the wide players as well. You''d have to say that Pilkington and Snodgrass are current first choice players. That would leave Surman and E.Bennett of those two Surman is actually contracted for longer having been handed an extended contract by Hughton, although spent a lot of time out injured since.

Could we see more departures? Jackson, Tierney would be two. RVW already takes one of those slots in the 25. It therefore doesn''t surprise me if we get linked with a number of 20 year olds to help strengthen the development team as well as offer competition for first team places.