Sign in to follow this  
Dibs

Ricardo

Why was my post the most stupid on this forum in 10 years, are you sure?

Dibs wrote:
I have been wondering recently if Snoddy would make a good Captain instead of Holt as I feel we need to change the captaincy.Snoddy is my preferred choice.Who do you think should be Captain?
Ricardo relplied:I

don''t usually call people idiots but that is probably the most stupid

thing I have ever read on this forum in 10 years and that''s saying

something.Grant Holt is our captain, nobody else could do that job as well as he does. End of.

I don''t think we need a change of captain at all. But that isn''t a stupid suggestion anyway. Snodgrass I believe would make a good captain, and some of the recent lacklustre home games, ie Soton, he has been the stand out player for energy, effort, passion, and trying to get some of the other players to the same levels.

Snodgrass is not captain material imo.   He is not consistent enough as a player or in attitude to be a captain.  He gets frustrated too much and that is not a good trait in a captain (or a player if it comes to that).   He is wholehearted enough and is capable of inspiring play at times, but is not captain material.As has been said Holt is captain, no need to change that.   Four seasons and we are still on the up.  Why would we need to change?  And if we did we have Russell martin who would be a lot of people''s first choice after Holt anyway.   Leave Snodgrass to work at his game.  He is not the finished article and has a lot to learn.

1. How long ago was that original thread?

2. If it bothered you that much why didn''t you bring it up in that thread?

3. If you really were that bothered by a person''s response, why didn''t you just PM the other user, or actually just ask in that thread as above?

4. What point are you trying to prove with this post? That because a lot of the message board and fans have turned against Holt you were vindicated in your choice of Snodgrass over Holt as captain so nah nah nah nah nah Ricardo?

5. In answer to the original thread, I think the only thing that holds Snoddy back from being a good captain is the hissy fits he throws when the slightest thing doesn''t go his way. A prime example was the penalty against Bassong. Who was it that got booked for being an idiot and over the top, and who was the model professional in trying to remonstrate with the assistant referee? For me if there''s anyone that should be captain when Holt''s not playing, it''s Russell Martin. After that Bassong.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Is this taken out of context? Has there been some deletions?

I have to say it seems a bit out of character for Ricardo.[/quote]None, It''s just that I read a s many posts as others and enjoy doing so and have witnessed far worse in the last week.

[quote user="Dibs"][quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Is this taken out of context? Has there been some deletions?

I have to say it seems a bit out of character for Ricardo.[/quote]None, It''s just that I read a s many posts as others and enjoy doing so and have witnessed far worse in the last week.[/quote]The idea that we should change the captaincy at this stage of the season is IMO  a ludicrous one and hopefully I made that point clear.I''m sorry if you were offended by it but what makes you think Snoddy would be a good captain and why would it make the slightest bit of sense to replace someone with acknowledged leadership qualities?With quality people like Russell Martin, Turner and Bassong waiting in the wings I should think that most people would think Snoddy (as good a player as he is) would be well down the pecking order.

Sorry Dibs.  Maybe you caught Ricardo on a bad day, but Snoddy for captain is a daft idea.  Of our starting 11 from Saturday I''d put at least 8 players ahead of him as more suitable for the captain''s role. 

[quote user="Dibs"]Why was my post the most stupid on this forum in 10 years, are you sure?[/quote]Yep! And this one is even worse.....

I wouldn''t have drawn more attention to yourself dibs. Your initial point opened you up well enough for Ricardo''s reply and now this thread does too. 

Harsh. I mean, as long as there''s a nora, a pumpkin and others of the ilk posting ''spherical objects'' on here, any 10-year award is too highly contested for decent folk (even Holt bashers) to get a sniff.

Posts like this one of Dibs'' are merely controversial or unpopular.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Dibs"]Why was my post the most stupid on this forum in 10 years, are you sure?[/quote]Yep! And this one is even worse.....[/quote]Cheers for that Lappinitup.

[:D][quote user="Dibs"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Dibs"]Why was my post the most stupid on this forum in 10 years, are you sure?[/quote]Yep! And this one is even worse.....[/quote]Cheers for that Lappinitup.

[/quote]No probs Dibs. You''re alright really. Now, what''s your next thread going to be about? [;)]

[quote user="Dibs"]

Dibs wrote:
I have been wondering recently if Snoddy would make a good Captain instead of Holt as I feel we need to change the captaincy.Snoddy is my preferred choice.Who do you think should be Captain?

something.Grant Holt is our captain, nobody else could do that job as well as he does. End of.[/quote]

Were you the school snitch!

[quote user="lappinitup"][:D][quote user="Dibs"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Dibs"]Why was my post the most stupid on this forum in 10 years, are you sure?[/quote]

Yep! And this one is even worse.....
[/quote]

Cheers for that Lappinitup.

[/quote]No probs Dibs. You''re alright really. Now, what''s your next thread going to be about? [;)]
[/quote]

Possibly the assistant captain. Dibs is working his way down the ladder of success. [:D]

[quote user="Dibs"]

Dibs wrote:

something.Grant Holt is our captain, nobody else could do that job as well as he does. End of.[/quote]To be fair to the OP, there have been very many more stupid things written in the last ten years.Unfortunately, grizzled old fingers clicked "report" and Pete deleted them.However,  "Hughton has not improved the defence - we''ve conceded less goals than last year" is probably the all time Hall of Famer.Or "Holt is not coming here!", "What if a Premier League Club steal Glenn Roeder?", "Shola Ameobi is in Asda", "Sling Your Hook, Cook" etc etc etc.

Agree that there are probably 8 in front of Snodgrass.

My opinion is Snodgrass does inspire team mates with his non stop running but the problem is he "spits the dummy" at the officials at every opportunity.

Good to have this type of player in the team but like BJ whose role in the team is "enforcer". You would not have this type of character as captain.

Michael Turner as captain to replace Holt ??. A couple of missed goal opportunities and suddenly every "average Joe" is in there.

[quote user="Six Pack"] A couple of missed goal opportunities and suddenly every "average Joe" is in there.[/quote]

I''d say the captaincy for next season will be up for grabs as Holt has not looked the leader of previous seasons consistently this season. He had a face that would turn milk sour when he had to be on the bench against Sunderland. He was disappointed yeah I get that but he should not have let that stop him from being supportive of his team mates who were starting. That face said it all. Unless something serious happens a captain stays captain for the season. Wouldn''t change it now.

I''ve read elsewhere V15 re the look on Holts face when on the bench.

He was laughing and appeared to be having a joke with some the lads at the kick about prior to the game.

Good job cameras never catch a glimpse of my mug - a jolly loveable chap I may be but the camera says ''miserable old git''