Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

"To become the team that they have been in the past in the top flight"

I found this quote from RVW very interesting (On the pinkun front page):-

I think it shows internally what the board, and management have set themselves as a goal... Hughton has kept this ship steady following Lambert''s departure whilst many managers would''ve/could''ve come in and made a pigs ear trying to copy Lambert''s style and accommodating to the players.

I miss the way we played under Lambert, but at the same time realise that maybe he''s one of the few men who can get in and amongst the players to work the ''gung ho'' magic with players of average(?) ability in a strong league.

We''re now seriously strengthening the squad and things are looking pretty interesting for next season.

What i love about the board (I don''t want to single McNally out here, but he''s probably 99% of this mentality!) is that we''re not playing high stakes poker, everything appears to be calculated and measured, with very little left to chance.

Creepily, in hindsight it always looks as though things turn out pretty much as planned too.

What a great club we have right now, that''s all i can say!

Remember when McNally joined, "use all available resources to strengthen the team because success on the pitch generates success off the pitch"

Looks like gonna be continuing next.season too