Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Has anybody changed their mind?

.......about cancelling their season ticket?I have heard several people say they don''t intend renewing their ST for next season partly because of the uninspiring football on display this term and partly because of finances. I wondered if the signing of Ricky van Wolfswinkel has made anybody change their mind?

I heard a lot of people mumbling that they would not renew when the ST prices were annouced, but when payment deadline came around all seem to have renewed.  I think this has a lot to do with the fact that if you dont, then getting into games becomes almost impossible!  Plus the four of five top cat games nearly cost as much as an ST anyway rather than the goings on on the pitch!

I''m still not renewing. I''ve not really enjoyed this season, I''m really hopeful though with signings of this calibre that our football will improve next season. To be fair due to work and other things, I can''t make every match, so in giving up my ticket it means someone who can make every game can do so.

I was 50/50 on not renewing, but this was due to life circumstances changing, (kids sports if anyone is interested!), and not due to the football which has been tough this season.

As Ren mentioned a couple of posts earlier the thought of not being able to go when I can actually go was one of the main reasons for renewing, plus the tickets are always used when I can’t go.

And of course if we did give our season tickets up the chances are we wouldn’t get such good seats back again in the future.

So Yes I have renewed and looking forward to next season.

I wonder how many narrow-minded posters have slated people for being poor before?

A quick search didn''t uncover any but I''m sure something must have left it''s mark...

[quote user="The Walking Man "]I''ve always said that I will give Hughton the start of next season to play better football, and achieve positive results, that hasn''t changed.[/quote]

We are only 3 points off where we were last year, so our results have been pretty identical.

The only difference this year is when we come up against the big boys, you half expect a massive hiding this year!!

"Some people won''t be swayed by this signing because they just haven''t got the money. Bet they get slated for it though by some narrow-minded posters on here"

I doubt it.

I''ve renewed but feel really sorry for those who would like to but can''t afford to for whatever reason  [:(]

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Some people won''t be swayed by this signing because they just haven''t got the money. Bet they get slated for it though by some narrow-minded posters on here[/quote]
Other than posts/posters who were clearly on a tongue in cheek wind up at the time ("oh you don''t live inside the ring-road so shouldn''t have a season ticket anyway" type stuff), I don''t think I''ve ever seen criticism of people not having a ticket for financial or lifestyle reasons.