Sign in to follow this  
canarycat

Am I The Only One

We go into this weekend with a chance of all but securing premier league football for a third season running.

Am i the only one who thinks we should be selling out v wigan away. it is a very important game. people for years have complained about the ambition of the board and now we get in that big name forward there should be a big fan reaction not a minimal following of 2000 to Wigan. Lets fill the away end.

if i was the board i would be compalining about our ambition.

[quote user="canarycat"]We go into this weekend with a chance of all but securing premier league football for a third season running.

Am i the only one who thinks we should be selling out v wigan away. it is a very important game. people for years have complained about the ambition of the board and now we get in that big name forward there should be a big fan reaction not a minimal following of 2000 to Wigan. Lets fill the away end.

if i was the board i would be compalining about our ambition.[/quote]

I posted a similar thread a couple of days ago.  I can''t understand why there isn''t more excitement about this game.  To me this is one of the most important games this season in that we can keep Wigan away from the pack above (including us) and also put us well clear in the process.   I don''t talk up games normally, but this is one we should go for a) because of its importance and b) when we fill a whole end its like we''re the home fans.  Get on your bikes!  

Arsenal tickets go to a ballot.

Wigan tickets get to 1800 on general sale.

Wigan away isn''t sexy. Arsenal and the Emirates IS sexy. For me, I''m looking forward to the Wigan game more however, as this is more crucial for us and represents a more realistic chance of picking up points.

We aren''t on tour in this league anymore and shouldn''t be seen to be simply VISITING these ground for the experience like a tourist.

We need to get behind the team and will the lads onto victory. Wigan away is massive. We have so much to gain on Saturday.

otbc

Reasons could be ;

1.Fans waiting to see if they have been allocated Arsenal tickets.

2.Weather.

3.Long journey.

4.Wigans ground not well known for atmosphere...its a rugby town.

There maybe a last minute uptake of tickets from those who today now know they have no Arsenal tickets...

Maybe because it''s cheaper to go to Arsenal (inc travel) than it is to Wigan? Although I think there will be a late uptake in tickets if the weather improves and people find out they haven''t got Arsenal tickets...

If this was THE (last) game where we needed to secure points to definitely stay in the division, then a couple more may go, but for reasons above, are the likely scenarios why people are not going

[quote user="Ketts Rebel"]

Reasons could be ;

1.Fans waiting to see if they have been allocated Arsenal tickets.

2.Weather.

3.Long journey.

4.Wigans ground not well known for atmosphere...its a rugby town.

There maybe a last minute uptake of tickets from those who today now know they have no Arsenal tickets...

[/quote]

Sorry to be tediously non football for a moment but whilst these are all good reasons, so is the more prosaic one that this is Easter and a rare time for families to get together. I''m guessing that like me, a lot of fans are seeing relatives which like at Christmas sometimes takes priority especially over away games.

Yep, not overly surprised if we don''t sell our full allocation for this. Poor weather, further distance, not exactly a ''glamour'' club or location, more in petrol/coach/train costs, and 9-10 hours of sitting in a car on a weekend where, as Cambridge says, I imagine a lot of people will have family over etc. isn''t exactly a great combination for selling away tickets.

Wigan will be my 9th away game this season, but i almost go there reluctantly. The fact is only once have i travelled back this season pleased by what i''ve seen. We are desperately dull to watch, and although a draw would be a decent result on Saturday, there is very little entertainment value to be had, so you can''t blame anyone who doesn''t fancy wasting another day on the road. Hopefully my luck changes this weekend, and i witness one of the few entertaining games this season.