Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 32

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 32 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have GMF in charge and making the final selections. Gary has been with us for 4 seasons now and is a very consistent picker. He''s also a very good poster on the board in general and although not by any means a heavy poster Gary always gets here with his selection each week. Gary comes into his week in the best of form too having picked right in each of the last 5 weekends.

But good as Gary is he will need us PUPs to supply him with the right ammunition for him to be successful. Last week you PUPs were terrific and gave Pete every chance and he was subsequently unlucky because that last minute penalty was all it was that prevented another win. Now this weekend is international weekend so we need your picks in as soon as you can because there are fixtures on the Friday evening that we want to include so Gary is going to make his selections on Friday lunchtime. I’m going to set the fixtures that kick off from 6pm Friday as our starting point and would ask you all to have your selections ready for Gary’s consideration by Friday morning. Of course there’s no obligation to select from the International list but we’ve made the decision to put the bet opn early this week so that you can include them if you want to. Don’t forget as always for your selection to be eligible for the final six it must be listed on Bet365 website.

So now Ill hand the thread over to GMF. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs.... Take it away Gary ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)]....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1932 for the Academy,so far.

Good Evening Nutty,very good luck to you Gary (GMF) and to all you other PUPs out there.

A HOME WIN please for HOLLAND v Estonia which is a Friday evening game.

Unfortunately I don''t have much time to research this week, have a 4000 word essay due in tomorrow afternoon and will be getting very drunk afterwards as its the end of a very very busy few days for me! Anyway, enough of that. Norway. They are better than Albania, so should win, I hope.

Norway vs Albania- Home win.

Good luck :)

I''m taking a plunge in the Blue Square this week with

Mansfield Town vs Macclesfield Town - home win

Mansfield on a run of 9 wins in a row, including 6 wins at home - before that they had just one defeat in 14 games, the other 13 they won.

Can really see them making it 14 on Saturday

This week I''d like to go for  Cliftonville to beat Ballymena in the Irish Premiership.Cliftonville are top with +52 GD, Ballymena are lower mid-table with -16GD and half Cliftonville''s points.Good luck this week PUPS.

Beat me to it Cosmic. My other choice is RUSSIA to beat Norn Iron. Russia are unbeaten in their group and should have too much. Odds are pretty good at the moment.

Good luck GMF and all PUPS.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]New Zealand to beat Solomon Islands[/quote]

Oh dear Yankee. I''ve learnt that you should never go for anything small with water around it. Doomed to failure.

Bulgaria to beat Malta for me then [:D]

Good luck GMF and all PUPs!

Yankee, that match is on Tuesday. On Friday New Zealand are playing New Caledonia, which is a whole different load of haggis.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Yankee, that match is on Tuesday. On Friday New Zealand are playing New Caledonia, which is a whole different load of haggis.

[/quote]

Thanks Purple. On my site the kick-off time appears as 12 a.m. so I am wrong by a minute, but wrong nevertheless. Seeing as Kathy was trying to help me avoid get into water I couldn''t handle I think I will cosy up to her and go with.....Bulgaria to beat Malta.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Thanks Purple. On my site the kick-off time appears as 12 a.m. so I am wrong by a minute, but wrong nevertheless. Seeing as Kathy was trying to help me avoid get into water I couldn''t handle I think I will cosy up to her and go with.....Bulgaria to beat Malta.

[/quote]

This site is doing crazy things to my input ( constantly ) but I KNOW FOR A FACT I just typed "getting" and not "get", so who stole my "ting." If you are playing with it I want it back.

Sorry Yankee, felt like playing with a ''ting'' for a bit, so pinched yours......here you go, you can have it back now... [:P]

Anyway, enough fiddling with tings and onto World Cup qualifiers - Kazakhstan v Germany AWAY win for me please.

Good luck all, especially GMF

Cheers Nutty for the intro and thanks for all the selcetions so far. This time tomorrow I''ll be making my picks so please keep them coming!

Whitehawk to beat Carshalton Un-Athletic at home in the Ryman Premier League please. Top against bottom, odds 2/9, what could possibly go wrong? Good luck GMF, all other PUPs and Come On England.

Now I''ve got to be careful after the last fiasco where I nearly ended up necking a pint of my own "export", as it were, but I have to say I do have a  fancy on for Spain to beat Finland this week.

Best of luck to you funny old buggers.

League 1 for me this week

Bournemouth to win at home against Bury

Good luck everyone, especially GMF

Turkey aren''t very good (1-0-3-4-6) but Andorra are a lot worse (0-0-4-0-13) and without a single goal in the competition so far. Andorra v Turkey.......away win.Good luck GMF. [Y]

Scottish League 3rd. Rangers to beat Stirling for me please.Good Luck.