Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Can People Stop Trying To Devide This Board Please.

[quote user="BOGBRUSH"]God, this thread and most others on here are just so flipping boring. And, for Gawd''s sake stop referring to posters who dare to point out the glaringly obvious i.e. that we are not safe yet, as pantwetters.[/quote]

I take great offense at that. Which means you can''t be on my side, so you''d better join the others. However this time the line will be moving up and down in a deliberate effort to trip you up - hopefully that will add a little more fun for you. ;oD

err, if it is so ''glaringly obvious'' then why the need to endlessly keep pointing it all out ?

I took a long and hard interception and realised that I''m devided. And deeply at that. Because our team is so bafflifying. On one hand, u cant except them to win, but u cunt accept them to loose either, they always pull a drawer, but drowse can go either way, and there are bad case scenarios and worse case scenarios, some bad hare days for the ref, injurys, explosions, and then were sucked in before we can say as much as scrimige. On the other hand, if we win them all, we can still go Europe, especially as we now have Ricky, who bangs them in for fun internationally.

I think all this started in the autumn with the long thread about devide and conker

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Wouldn''t it just be simpler if we all stated our own views without criticising those of others?[/quote]

Some people cannot do the simple thing though. They have to attack other posters'' views if they do not agree with them or want to have a personal dig at them

We picture, dear reader, our resident sneering Lord Fauntleroy, ''Percy 1st'', holding the rest of the ward spell-bound as he demonstrates his new Different Types of Points theory, his multi-coloured medication arranged carefully on his bed to illustrate how points gained BEFORE nominal relegation safety is achieved are phenomenologically distinct from those gained AFTER. We learn that it could have been a demon named Pantwetter, who appears via a screen and tells him things, who gave him this idea the other night.

Pausing only to snort back his own yellowing mouth froth, Percy 1st, our modern-day Captain Kurtz character, is able to keep his snivelling patter up all day, usually rounding off his pet monologues with a twisted scream of "off your knees, doffers!" to the passing burly staff doing their rounds (checking if they need to strap him down again, when those shaking claws once more wander too aggressively into his own or the other patients'' smocks). 

In his own lucid and self-esteeming words, the "idiots" and "crackpots" (including the football club personnel) outside Percy 1st''s sage-green-painted institution, despite all his oratorical genius and prophetic denouncements, appear still frustratingly comfortable with the concept of time as a parameter and effective safety as an important milestone, not to say the possibility of different views as to when effective safety might be or might have been achieved.

He screams again - something indistinct about ambition? did we hear the word humility? - but he subsides, and returns to his coloured pill constructions and all his angst-imbued, blame-ridden world of sneering pain and misunderstood glory.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]

We picture, dear reader, our resident sneering Lord Fauntleroy, ''Percy 1st'', holding the rest of the ward spell-bound as he demonstrates his new Different Types of Points theory, his multi-coloured medication arranged carefully on his bed to illustrate how points gained BEFORE nominal relegation safety is achieved are phenomenologically distinct from those gained AFTER. We learn that it could have been a demon named Pantwetter, who appears via a screen and tells him things, who gave him this idea the other night. Pausing only to snort back his own yellowing mouth froth, Percy 1st, our modern-day Captain Kurtz character, is able to keep his snivelling patter up all day, usually rounding off his pet monologues with a twisted scream of "off your knees, doffers!" to the passing burly staff doing their rounds (checking if they need to strap him down again, when those shaking claws once more wander too aggressively into his own or the other patients'' smocks).    In his own lucid and self-esteeming words, the "idiots" and "crackpots" (including the football club personnel) outside Percy 1st''s sage-green-painted institution, despite all his oratorical genius and prophetic denouncements, appear still frustratingly comfortable with the concept of time as a parameter and effective safety as an important milestone, not to say the possibility of different views as to when effective safety might be or might have been achieved.  He screams again - something indistinct about ambition? did we hear the word humility? - but he subsides, and returns to his coloured pill constructions and all his angst-imbued, blame-ridden world of sneering pain and misunderstood glory.

[/quote]

[Y]  [Y]   Nice one! 

"You''re actually deluded aren''t you."

extremely it would seem

in this bizarre world anyone who echoes the club''s line of wanting to win games and be successful is a ''positive percy'' (or supporter as was known)

and anyone who constantly predicts imminent disaster is ''the middle ground''

dearie, dear me

[quote user="City1st"]

"You''re actually deluded aren''t you."

extremely it would seem 

in this bizarre world anyone who echoes the club''s line of wanting to win games and be successful is a ''positive percy'' (or supporter as was known)

and anyone who constantly predicts imminent disaster is ''the middle ground''

dearie, dear me

[/quote]

The trouble is, City 1st, is your intepretations of what other people are saying  are too extreme.   Most of us are merely stating the obvious, dull as it may be.   That is, there is everything to play for, we could go further up or we could go further down, depending on results.  Really, its not doom mongering.   It may be a boring and lacking in sensationalism, but its true.   The middle ground.  In other words lets wait, watch and see how they get on  - without people having to be cast in roles of  doom mongering, nor come to that percy positives.   Most of us can see both sides of the league situation.   It appears you can''t.  

Attention seeking self indulgence is really all it is, in many ways it is a similar trait to that displayed by Wiz, somewhat ironic considering!

[quote user="BWs Cat "]S mudger[/quote]

Blimey do i take it that the word $mudger has now been placed in the swear filter ? [*-)]

Someone must have been onto Peter The Deleter and what a busy chap he has been this evening as whilst watching the England game i now notice that two threads have disappeared.[:|]