Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Can People Stop Trying To Devide This Board Please.

Every day we have the "Doom Mungers" thread attacking people who dare to still have concerns about going down.

Yes it is very true that we are a damn sight more solid then we were last year, more clean sheets, not lost as many games and with the games we have left 99% certain to stay in this division.

But why the need to keep attacking the guys who dare to have a niggling concern that we are not as safe as some think........

Let''s be honest none of us have a crystal ball and know where we will end up! City1st has his very strong view that we should all be looking upwards and has a point, given where we are, who we have left to play we should at least finish on 43 points and 12th on current form.

But then others dare to say lose to Wigan, we then play Swansea who are safe and playing good football, it will be a tough game, and Arsenal away, so before we even go into the Reading game we could be a motter of a point or two away from that dreaded 18th place!

Let''s not forget most teams will battle like heel to stay in this league and playing Reading Wigan and Villa might not be as easy points as we think.

In all reality reather then keep bashing each other over the head, claiming that you must not be fan because you''re too negative is poor form and untill we are safe why can''t things be debated in a friendly manner rather than resorting to playground stuff?

''Let''s not forget most teams will battle like heel to stay in this league and playing Reading Wigan and Villa might not be as easy points as we think''

You have said this like City won''t be fighting tooth and nail to stay in the league.

we will be fine, take a deep breath, have another coffee and do all we can to keep the players spirits up

OTBC

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]I only hope that we get as many points as there are spelling mistakes in the OP.[/quote]Ohm shocked don''t know watts the matter, as a board we have great potential, just need to ion out all this current negativity it''s making me quite anode......

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]I only hope that we get as many points as there are spelling mistakes in the OP.[/quote]Ohm shocked don''t know watts the matter, as a board we have great potential, just need to ion out all this current negativity it''s making me quite anode......[/quote]

Brilliant work.

I think concern is natural, but what points have been easy this season? 7 points from the last 6 matches in this ''bad run''. Less than that would see City through.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]I only hope that we get as many points as there are spelling mistakes in the OP.[/quote]Ohm shocked don''t know watts the matter, as a board we have great potential, just need to ion out all this current negativity it''s making me quite anode......[/quote]

I''m with the OP on this.   Quite why people are being ridiculed for taking a realistic view, I don''t know.  There is nothing negative about stating the possible outcomes of the rest of the season, good or bad.   We all know we need to pick up points and that Wigan is a pivotable game. The only reason I can think of for the reaction is that some fans are just too scared to think of possible consequences of  a bad run or losing a game or two.    As I say there is NOTHING negative about taking a realistic view.    I will go to Wigan on Saturday thinking we could win, but I''m also aware that if we don''t pick up at least a point on Saturday the cat will be among the pigeons and the end of the season could be tricky.  I said it on another thread, Wigan is a big game.

People who are positive get criticised by the doom mongers and people who are negative get criticised by the happy clappers. This is just the natural order of things and it happens throughout every aspect of life, not just supporting NCFC. The only way to solve this would indeed be to divide the board, and have a ''Doom mongers'' side and a ''Happy clappers'' side, then you can choose which posts you read and those that you don''t. Until then, just be content with knowing what side of the fence you stand and that you are right!

[quote user="Mr Angry"]People who are positive get criticised by the doom mongers and people who are negative get criticised by the happy clappers. This is just the natural order of things and it happens throughout every aspect of life, not just supporting NCFC. The only way to solve this would indeed be to divide the board, and have a ''Doom mongers'' side and a ''Happy clappers'' side, then you can choose which posts you read and those that you don''t. Until then, just be content with knowing what side of the fence you stand and that you are right![/quote]

That''s all very well, but it doesn''t leave room for the middle ground, which is where most supporters lie, the ground that sees the full picture and not just the positive side or the negative side.   Most of us are in that camp, but on here it makes you wonder.    You get shouted down by somebody, whatever your view by either a percy positive or negative nancy.   Long live the middle ground!

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"][quote user="Mr Angry"]People who are positive get criticised by the doom mongers and people who are negative get criticised by the happy clappers. This is just the natural order of things and it happens throughout every aspect of life, not just supporting NCFC. The only way to solve this would indeed be to divide the board, and have a ''Doom mongers'' side and a ''Happy clappers'' side, then you can choose which posts you read and those that you don''t. Until then, just be content with knowing what side of the fence you stand and that you are right![/quote]

That''s all very well, but it doesn''t leave room for the middle ground, which is where most supporters lie, the ground that sees the full picture and not just the positive side or the negative side.   Most of us are in that camp, but on here it makes you wonder.    You get shouted down by somebody, whatever your view by either a percy positive or negative nancy.   Long live the middle ground!

[/quote]You''re actually deluded aren''t you.

"But why the need to keep attacking the guys who dare to have a niggling concern that we are not as safe as some think........"

It''s called a forum - people are replying to what they disagree. That''s a major part of a forum.

You also appear to be confusing having that debate with how it is conducted.

And I would add also have a different view to that of the club which will not be about having a concern about us ''being safe''. They will be wanting to push us as far as we can go - shame some like yourself and others don''t back the club in that respect.

Yeah! Can the people trying to divide the board please go and stand over there with the rest of the board dividers and allow the rest of us over here, the board together foundation, to get on with good wholesome discussion please.

Thank you.

Oi, you - you belong over there. No don''t even think of crossing the line, you don''t agree with me so you must be over there.

What did you say? I''m trying to divide the board? How am I? What? Stay on your side with the others.

Ooooooooh, beeeeehave!

There''s absolutely nothing wrong with being a little concerned until we''re mathematically safe.

I don''t think we''ll go down, I actually think we might give Wigan a bit of a spanking, but should we lose and say Snodgrass & Bassong pick up injuries and Johnson picks up a suspension then all of a sudden we''re looking at a very different picture.

The fat lady is most certainly warming up, but she''s not singing yet.

Didn''t we go over the whole Johnson thing - it''s highly unlikely, unless he gets a yellow card in every game that is left more or less, that he will be suspended this season for accumulation of yellow cards?

You are right of course with the other things.

Sadly though, I sense a hint of doom creating a possible tear in the space time continuum so you are going to have to go and stand over there with the other ''ones'' as you are clearly in the ''divide'' camp.

[quote user="chicken"]Didn''t we go over the whole Johnson thing - it''s highly unlikely, unless he gets a yellow card in every game that is left more or less, that he will be suspended this season for accumulation of yellow cards? You are right of course with the other things. Sadly though, I sense a hint of doom creating a possible tear in the space time continuum so you are going to have to go and stand over there with the other ''ones'' as you are clearly in the ''divide'' camp.[/quote]

Fine *trudges off*....

It''s all ifs and buts obviously, but a straight red for a dangerous tackle could get him a 3 game suspension.

As I said, I don''t think we''ll end up in trouble, but this is football and anything is possible, so I won''t personally feel safe until we''re over the line. I''m not being negative at all, just not a fan of counting my chickens before they''ve hatched.

What Ha'' ya and Brownstone said. Get our [whatever] points, then kick on and see how far we can shoot up the ££ league places.

To the OP, what you are seeing and not liking is actually the extremist percies reacting to the fundamentalist nancies. I suspect those with a niggle of fear blended with the jiggle of hope constitute the broad middle ground.

"There''s absolutely nothing wrong with being a little concerned until we''re mathematically safe"

a LITTLE concerned !

ye gods, the pantwetters have over the past week or so turned this forum into some kind of infirm nursing home

Harwich for the continent

Pinkun for the incontinent

ps what about a little concern for us achieving 9th place ? A win at Wigan and we could be three points off that place and playing possible 9th place Swansea ?

"To the OP, what you are seeing and not liking is actually the extremist percies reacting to the fundamentalist nancies. I suspect those with a niggle of fear blended with the jiggle of hope constitute the broad middle ground."

That sounds like dividist talk to me! Right, go over there and join the other chap, there is a good doomsayer.

"ps what about a little concern"

Damn. My side is getting very lonely. I thought I could count on you City1st but you used one of the dividest words - ''concern''.

You know that only goes to help sowing the seeds of doubt and causing yet more rifts and divisions. Sorry, but you''ll have to go and join the other chaps too.

Right. So far I am the only person in the anti-dividist camp. It''s going to be a long, hard and lonely battle. I feel like Rick from the Walking Dead . . . . .

If you''re going to divide me, chicken, at least do it right: I''m no doom-sayer. I''m in the fourth group of non-percy, non-nancy, non-chickens. You can call us niggler-jigglers, and make sure you spell that right. Anyway with your name and all, shouldn''t you be in the pant-wetting category?

For the creation of further sub-divisions you will sadly have to join the others on the other side. There can only ever be two views and two sides to an argument right?

And to be honest, Chickens are a greatly mis-understood bird. After all, it''s not like you see many birds hanging about when you walk into the garden is it? And yet Chickens quite happily live alongside humans, can be trained and even fight on when they have lost their heads.

Also, what you clearly don''t know is that inside every chicken there is a velociraptor just waiting to burst out and feed upon your brains!

I think the point is people will always be more concerned with the (remote) possibility that we will finish in the bottom 3 than the possibility that we will finish 11th rather than 10th or 9th. This is a perfectly normal trait given the comparative implications of both scenarios. It doesn''t mean finishing 17th is our aim, it simply means that getting to a situation where we can all breathe easily is the first thing on many people''s minds. If anybody''s response to nagging concerns is a gung ho ''this will never happen to us'' bravado, that''s great but it doesn''t excuse the belittling of others who''s insecurities manifest themselves differently.

Dividist sympathiser, at the very least that is fraternising with the ''other'' side.

Go on, go over there. That''s it, just over the white line. Thank you.

"Get our [whatever] points, then kick on and see how far we can shoot up the ££ league places."

Just when you thought it couldn''t get any more idiotic, up comes this crackpot theory about ''different types'' of points.

So until the pantwetters can stop soiling themselves, points gained cannot be counted as part of any shooting up the league table ?

dearie, dear me where do we find them ?

God, this thread and most others on here are just so flipping boring. And, for Gawd''s sake stop referring to posters who dare to point out the glaringly obvious i.e. that we are not safe yet, as pantwetters.