Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Is this the best board we've had...ever?

Now I''m not like some of you folks on here, I ain''t been supporting city for the last 50 years (haven''t lived long enough yet!) so I was just wondering if you could answer this question.

I have to say Mcnally and co have done such a great job right from the start, hiring Lambert was just a masterstroke, it may very well have saved the club. Mcnally managed to shrug off Burnley when they wanted Lambert as well.

Now we''re in the top flight, oh so nearly debt free and on the back of two seasons in the prem and economically sound. It''s just amazing to think this is mere years after Doomcaster.

Hiring Hughton seems to have payed off and although there was the Holt situation, Mcnally managed to get around that as well and got him to sign a three year contract. Then we got the biggest transfer budget the club has ever had.

Now I''m no fag packet accountant, but buying a player who has a buy-out clause of £18.5 without wasting all the transfer budget just seems like genius to me. Bloomin'' perfect. There''s more to come.

Now the one bone to pick with Mcnally is the ticket prices...but at least he listened to us after the spurs game, and really, nobody is perfect!

I hope Mcnally and co stay here for a long while yet!

/fanboy moment over

Go straight to the chicken that lay the egg - Delia''s father brought up his daughter to support a great club !

[quote user="Six Pack"]Go straight to the chicken that lay the egg - Delia''s father brought up his daughter to support a great club ![/quote]Hate to tell you this but Delia was an Ipswich supporter back then.

[quote user="K Lo"][quote user="Six Pack"]Go straight to the chicken that lay the egg - Delia''s father brought up his daughter to support a great club ![/quote]Hate to tell you this but Delia was an Ipswich supporter back then.[/quote]No, I think that myth was exposed a while back though some people like to carry on believing it.

Yes it is. McNally has been the key, shewd business man, ruthless and edgey when needed, but has shown he listens to the fans. This latest deal shows that behind the scenes people are working hard to get a head start on next year.

I get the distinct impression that McNally gets along better with Hughton than he did with Lambert, a heightened chemistry if you like, and that a better working relationship might have evolved.

Whilst is was always accepted that PL always got all his targets, within reason, our transfer dealings and the manner that they are conducted seem to have reached a new level of competency these days.

Of course, we have more money to spend now which helps and any hint of friction between the two men only surfaced at the very end, so I may be sensing things that are not there as a result of my massive oxygen inhalation when I first heard of this signing. 

Make no mistake about it, this is a massive coup and, if this is where NCFC are nowadays, then I am a happy canary (despite my signature.)

As my user name implies, I''ve been supporting City since the days of Arthur South in the 70s, and, IMO, this is without doubt the best board I have known. Congratulations to the chicken, egg and rooster, as they all deserve credit!

By comparison, our illustrious rivals have got two of Marcus Evans''s suits in charge of things.

The best thing Teewdledum and Tweedledee have come up with so far, whilst studying the rules on loan players that is, is some bizarre three-year season ticket deal and an internet renewal scheme on tickets that has left  their unfortunate supporters in total confusion.

They now have to decide upon the next loanee goalkeeper to guest for them after Spam recalled the last one. We have five or six of those currently at our Club, including an England international and the great Mark Bunn. 

Happy days. 

[quote user="BW''s Cat "]Where did this myth that Delia was a binner even start from?
Trolls and morons.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Where did this myth that Delia was a binner even start from?[/quote]. From when she was presenting on swapshop, and had to do an item on Ipswich in the cup final with an Ipswich rosette on her jacket.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Where did this myth that Delia was a binner even start from?[/quote]She wore an Ipswich Town rosette on Multi-Coloured Swap Shop (as was back in the days before Going Live) as it was being filmed in Ipswich.  She then reversed the rosette and scarf to reveal Norwich City colours to a chorus of boos from outraged binners.  People who hate Delia, or women, or football club owners, always forget that last bit.

unequivocally the best board we have had since i have been a supporter, and i can remember 1959. but there will still be some trolls deriding Smith and Jones.

Surely the best Board we have ever had was the one that achieved our highest ever finish of 3rd which was followed by our ONLY adventure with European football.That same Board got us to 2 FA Cup Semi Finals in 4 years and which also made shrewd land purchases surrounding Carrow Road and built the Colney complex. [:D][:P][;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BWs Cat "]Where did this myth that Delia was a binner even start from?[/quote]She wore an Ipswich Town rosette on Multi-Coloured Swap Shop (as was back in the days before Going Live) as it was being filmed in Ipswich.  She then reversed the rosette and scarf to reveal Norwich City colours to a chorus of boos from outraged binners.  People who hate Delia, or women, or football club owners, always forget that last bit.[/quote]Ages ago I saw a photo of her wearing an Ipswich top.It doesn''t bother me even if it is true.

"And our Sky Sports subscriptions supplied the money"

err, no

merely some of it

About half of the TV money comes from overseas sales, of the domestic half Sky generates around 75%. So you can thank Johnny Foreigner for our money.

As to Delia my understanding is the BBC were looking for celebrity fans for the 1978 FA Cup final. Not having any the best they could find was Delia who lived nearby, so she was asked to put on some colours and pretend some interest in the binners.

Point noted City 1st. I didn''t think that a detailed discussion of an income sources was needed - the point is that broadcast and associated income represents roughly two thirds of total income which, in turn, finances PL salaries and fees.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Point noted City 1st. I didn''t think that a detailed discussion of an income sources was needed - the point is that broadcast and associated income represents roughly two thirds of total income which, in turn, finances PL salaries and fees.[/quote]

err no

the point was " And our Sky Sports subscriptions supplied the money."

which as shown is incorrect

ps  17 words (approx) is hardly ''a detailed discussion of income sources'', though perhaps for you it might be

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Surely the best Board we have ever had was the one that achieved our highest ever finish of 3rd which was followed by our ONLY adventure with European football.That same Board got us to 2 FA Cup Semi Finals in 4 years and which also made shrewd land purchases surrounding Carrow Road and built the Colney complex. [:D][:P][;)]

[/quote]

Looks like nobody agrees. [;)]

[quote user="ron obvious"]dtV15, both those accounts are biased, therefore worthless.[/quote]

Mark my words, anything from a binner site is worthless. But Delia''s own account will be the truth.

Trawling binner sites? That''s certainly a job for a "no mark"[;)]