Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Plastics Super Ticket

There has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the availability of tickets to see the forthcoming game at the Emirates. Coupled with that, we have the perenial old chestnut of loyal, die-hard "fans" not being able to get at seat at Carrow Road to see Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc. It seems to me the club is missing a trick - it should sell "Plastic Home and Away Super Tickets" to the Carrow Road and return fixtures against Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool. You could charge what you like - I''d suggest £800 - because these people only really want to see the opposition so you woudn''t be penalising genuine Norwich supporters. You could even sweeten the deal with a free halfy-half scarf for each match!

Mungo

Norwich City - a LOCAL club for LOCAL people

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

There has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the availability of tickets to see the forthcoming game at the Emirates. Coupled with that, we have the perenial old chestnut of loyal, die-hard "fans" not being able to get at seat at Carrow Road to see Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc. It seems to me the club is missing a trick - it should sell "Plastic Home and Away Super Tickets" to the Carrow Road and return fixtures against Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool. You could charge what you like - I''d suggest £800 - because these people only really want to see the opposition so you woudn''t be penalising genuine Norwich supporters. You could even sweeten the deal with a free halfy-half scarf for each match!

Mungo

[/quote]

Same old thread keeps popping up from you, knocking a section of fans because they want to see their club on a big stage.   Its a free country and people are entitled to go and watch who they want, when they want.   Where I do question the clamour  for arsenal tickets, its in wondering where is the clamour for the Wigan game?   People putting themselves out to get to Arsenal, but not to Wigan, arguably a more important match in the way the season has developed.   Surely that is a far more significant game.Norwich City - a club with a WORLDWIDE following for ALL people.Loight Boy

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Yep i agree 100% and those who are Man Utd fans living in Norfolk, should be sent to Salford and live there!![/quote]

Been there, done that, don''t recommend it......oh and I''m not a Manc fan btw

Excellent idea Mungo. First 100 to buy one get a signed topless photo of Steven Gerrard or Gareth Bale and a CD of the Champions League theme song to go with their halfy-half scarf.

Actually, lets add in the loathsome Chelsea to the Plastic Super Ticket deal, "The Bridge" being the spiritual home of the plastic/"new fan" and charge a round grand.

[quote user="Mary Mungo and Midge"]I''ve run out of comedy ideas, so I''ll fall back on the old "Plastic Fans" routine, bound to be somebody who hasn''t heard that one before [/quote]Translated by B0ll0cksfish!!

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Mungo

[/quote]

Brilliant thread and brilliant idea Mungo. Then you had to spoil it all by sayin'' somethin'' stupid like "Norwich City - a LOCAL club for LOCAL people" You see there''d be many "Plastic''s Super Ticket" takers who are local. And there''s many City supporters going to Wigan who are not local. Your selection process for the "halfy half scarf fans of the year" trophy is seriously flawed buddy.

" You could charge what you like - I''d suggest £800 - because these people only really want to see the opposition so you woudn''t be penalising genuine Norwich supporters. "

There is one flaw in that rather splendid idea Mr Bumbo Munchkin.

Prices could only be held at that price if there is sufficient demand - a demand that could easily be satisfied by unscrupulous City fans selling their seats for the game, at a slightly lower price than the club is offering them at. Some might consider that giving up one game to pay the cost of their season ticket and have a few hundred on top is worth it. In fact it may well go on now, albeit at not such a high price.

Unfortunately Mr Bumbo this is already going on with corporate hospitality so you are a bit behind the times. Maybe you could come up with a scheme whereby plastics had to attend our ''cup finals'', as even our regular fans seem reluctant to attend such ''season defining games'' - or maybe just don''t recognise them to be that.

Who knows

Well surely 6 pointers should be double bubble?

If it''s £40 for a normal 3 point games I reckon £70 for the 6 pointers would be a bargain...