Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

New Reading Manager

It would be beautiful poetic justice if he took Reading to safety and Saints crumbled to relegation.

He should never have been sacked.

................and guess who Reading play the game after next (6th April) ?

Southampton !

Not sure on this one to be honest! I guess they''re view is to rebuild under Adkins

Why sack McDermott just to sign Adkins?

Reading are owned by Russians now, maybe gonna throw money at it and do a QPR

"Reading are owned by Russians now, maybe gonna throw money at it and do a QPR "

Unless they buy off the Refs, linesmen and opposition teams it''s not going to help them this season.

But if it''s just for rebuilding, AJ, then you sort of think why sack McDermott; he did a fine job of doing exactly that in the Championship last time. I was expecting a ''character'' to come in to try and give them a ridiculous honeymoon period which saw them scramble to safety. This just makes the whole decision seem even more ridiculous.

They wanted Di Canio, then Poyet - both said no. I guess they were stumped.

Whilst Adkins was unfairly sacked i think the Championship is his level and that''s where he will be next season.

if (when) Reading are relegated and Saints go down as well, his C.V. will have that he contributed to the relegation of two teams in the same season. not a happy prospect.

It all smacks of panic! I suspect that many clubs might do the same, as Premiership membership is so lucrative.

It could well be too late, because their final 8 games include Arsenal (A), Liverpool (H), Fulham (A) and Man City (H), as well as games against us, QPR and West Ham - three clubs who will put up a stern opposition. They have to gain at least 7 points more than every other team above them, which is a tall order. I think that they are doomed, but they have some good players, and at times have produced some surprising results. Wehther Adkins can galvanise them quickly is a real point. They Arsenal in three days time!