Sign in to follow this  
SS

Diss Town, King Lynn, et al..... does anybody care about there results?

Is it just me or are those reports after the game on Radio Norfolk so dull. Does anybody actually care how these teams got on? Is there some sort of legal requirement that requires Radio Norfolk to get some nearly dead bloke to give us a run down on the game using their best mono-tone voice?Sorry but they iritate me so much, I want to hear about Norwich after the game, not some minor league match who only get attendances reaching the early 50.End of rant, although would be interested in people opinion. Oh and bonus points to the first person to mention the answer is in the title, I know it is called Radio NORFOLK!

Yeah. I have mates who play for Sheringham and Cromer and although their reports are not ever given that much airtime I am interested in hearing how they got on.  I would say there are also people who have mates/family playing for Diss Town, Kings Lynn et al and not too mention the many other people who take an interest in local football.

If you dont care to listen to them turn of your radio set and think for a minute of something interesting to post on this website.

Welcome to the board by the way!

I think it''s good to support local football, OK a majority of us want to hear about Norwich but you can''t always please the majority only, of course some people care about the local scores. If Norwich keep winning 3-2 i''ll listen to as many reports of the Diss games as is humanly possible!!!

First things first, are you some kind of troll?Assuming you''re not, what ARE you talking about? I live in Barrow-in-Furness, and I''m a bit of a closet Barrow fan (my dad is Barrow born and bred, my mum is from Flitcham). The local BBC Cumbria radio station plays all the local Rugby and football results and its rather stupid of you to suggest that nobody cares about such results! If they removed the Barrow results from Radio Cumbria, I''d be rather annoyed! I don''t really care about Carlisle (only League team in cumbria) and the fact they have the non-league results on is always helpful.Maybe you should be a little less selfish!OTBC!Chris

OK, maybe I should respond to some of the responses..."If you dont care to listen to them turn of your radio set and think for a minute of something interesting to post on this website." => Well I do turn it off, I put Talk Sport on which has something decent to discuss, better that then some boring match report from ''The Walks''"are you some kind of troll?" => Not that I am aware of"its rather stupid of you to suggest that nobody cares" => I didn''t I said DOES anybody care?"Maybe you should be a little less selfish!" => maybe but I am sure I am not the only one who turns off Radion Norfolk when these reports are given, I am sure their ratings must plummet when these come on.

I must admit that we always groan in the car when the Diss equivalent of Roy Waller comes on when all we want to hear is about City and turnover to Radio 5, constantly switching back so as to not miss Nigel. I know that Radio Norfolk probably has a tight schedule of, "C&W lost hits of the 50''s" or whatever, but couldn''t they give City an uninterrupted hour and then tell us about Wroxham or whoever after it?  

you''re making very little sense in your post. OK so most people don''t want to listen to the local reports and turn the radio over, that''s their choice. It doesn''t therefore mean that no-one wants to listen to the reports.

With your sort of logic we would be watching nothing but shallow fly on the wall documentaries and moronic (so called) reality TV simply because it pulls in the ratings. OK then let''s get rid of any arts, cultural, news, history based TV since it may only pull a relatively small audience. Lets cater for the masses and scr*w everybody else. Get real and post something of interest. 

[quote]you''re making very little sense in your post. OK so most people don''t want to listen to the local reports and turn the radio over, that''s their choice. It doesn''t therefore mean that no-one wants to l...[/quote]

Well this must be something of interest otherwise you wouldn''t be posting!As to your argument that we should only cater the masses, that isn''t what I am saying, initially my post was does anybody care (we a little bit of my opinion on the matter). As to your ''cater for the masses'' comment, I''m not saying that these clubs shouldn''t have some air-time, I am of the same opinion as shortfatb that they should be given their own time slot, just like having their own programme Surely this would be for the best?

SS, In reply to your quote;

"Well this must be something of interest otherwise you wouldn''t be posting!"

Actually not, I don''t even live in Norfolk and therefore do not listen to the aforementioned reports. I do however live in loughborough, Leicestershire and always check up on the Shepshed Dynamo news in the local paper, i don''t say, "what a waste of paper put more stuff about Leicester City FC in it" do I. Some locals do care about local football, simple as that. I have friends that play local football (including myself) and like to hear if they have scored, played well or indeed made a howler! Simple as that really, no other motive.