Sign in to follow this  
SYG

R. Martin...

Is wanted by Lambert at Villa, according to a certain newspaper...

I''m sure a number of our players are wanted by other clubs, but we''re in the nice tidy position of not having to sell anyone unless we want to

Aj I am not so sure so many of our first team will be looked at other than those teams just coming up or a sideways move. Ruddy, bassong and possibly Martin may be on the radar.... But bassong is well known by the premier league and unless a keeper situation arises (arsenal) then it is usually a chain of moves.

Martin and Whittaker are an ideal two, I believe Martin is cover for Whittaker but can play across the back, I feel he is important in the changing room and that Hughton can see Martin being involved in his team.

I can see squad players moving on, fox, sj, c Martin, Barnett, Ayala, Vaughan, ward (we know ward has already gone). But I can see a lot of what is already here remaining Surman, Tierney etc

Every player has their price and although lambert may want someone he knows who to work with, I think r Martin will be wanting to be part of plans here at carrow road. He knows his position in the club, very close to the first 11 and a team that is only going to get better.

Doubt he will go, personally i feel he is a massive character in the dressing room and potentially the next ncfc captain (if holt is injured or sold). We''re looking at Adam Drury type of figure in Martin

Think Lambert already knows the answer he would get from McNally, the second word being off, McNally is an expert at calling someones bluff, our latest signing is evidence in that, And I doubt Lambert would ever try, he may have told press that Martin is the kind of defender he would like but knows he would never stand a chance of getting him As well as he would never be able to afford him either.    

For someone Peterborough didn''t think would be good enough for them in the Championship, Russ hasn''t done so bad has he?

Established Premier League player, versatile-an effective ball playing centre back as well as a right back-now an international and, so we are led to believe, sought after by some other teams in the Prem-though none of those mentioned in the report would set my heart racing with excitement if I were Russell Martin-although the potential wages might, and thats the head turner.

Wouldn''t want to see him go. As someone has already said, he is on his way to being Drury Mk.II-reliable on the pitch and hugely valuable off it. And very popular as well. Logic suggests he won''t want to be anywhere else but here *unless* the presence of Whittaker and hints at Summer targets mean he may find himself more of a squad player-but then he probably can''t be guaranteed that anywhere else either. I''m surprised Nursey has plucked this one out-its not as if we''re struggling and likely to go down else we need the money. Maybe its the Lambert connection, maybe its a bit of tit for tat by them with regard to us being linked with Weisman.

But yes, jog on Lambert. The club you were at wasn''t good enough so neither, by definition, are the players you left behind.

[quote user="Skerritt"]Lambert can p*ss off. If he wanted Martin in his team he shouldn''t have ran off to Villa.[/quote]

[:D]Villa don''t look such a big club at the moment do they!