Sign in to follow this  
super dave

modibo diakate

Theres a link below...http://www.teamtalk.com/papertalk/8600768/Paper-Talk-Canaries-win-Diakite-raceIt looks like the mail have caught up with the Van Ginkel story today too.Exiting times!!!

“@Ncfc_Lewis: @davidmcnally62 any truth that we have agreed a deal to sign Modibo Diakite from Lazio? #ncfc #otbc”nothing in that whatsoever

I don''t believe this one, he is on silly wages and Liverpool could possibly end up having more to offer him.

[quote user="Stig"]I don''t believe this one, he is on silly wages and Liverpool could possibly end up having more to offer him.[/quote]

Just out of interest Stig, what makes you say that he''s on stupid money? His contract is up at the end of the season and he''s been at Lazio since he was picked from a small youth team by them, having had his contract extended only 2 years into it whilst he was suffering with a broken leg. He is unlikely to have been put on big bucks after one game for Pescara and Lazio are unlikely to have given him a massive pay rise if his future was uncertain....

Having said all that I''m not sure I believe it either, I would like it to be true, but I''d agree Liverpool could offer more money...then again, he is available on a free and a central defensive partnership of him and Bassong would be formidable.

McNally could be dismissing the fact that a ''deal has been agreed'' but this still looks a long shot to me. The one link that might make it more believable is that Garrido came to City from Lazio and therefore would know the player well.

To the person who said he''s on silly wages, He''s currently on £5.5k a week hardly out of our budget is it?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

It''s good to see that we have Seb''s replacement lined up early doors.

[/quote]

Is Wiz claiming that Seb is being auctioned off to pay for Delia''s new teapot?

Without trying to be überpedantic: Modibo Diakate is a musician from Mali, the player we''re supposedly after is Modibo Diakité. Hopefully as a back-up and not as a replacement for Seb.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]Without trying to be überpedantic: Modibo Diakate is a musician from Mali, the player we''re supposedly after is Modibo Diakité. Hopefully as a back-up and not as a replacement for Seb.
[/quote]

It is a squad game. We need at least three reliable Premier League-quality centre-backs (assuming we stay up) and it does''t look as if Hughton trusts Barnett or Ryan Bennett, although with the latter it may just be a question of him not yet fulfilling his potential. His time might come. Or it might not. Hard to know what Hughton thinks about Ayala. But there were authoritative reports - not denied - that we tried to buy Curtis Davies in January. It would be a surprise if we weren''t looking for another central defender.

Oh my, even if only for Fifa please let this be true. One f my fav defenders on Fifa. Got everything!! 77 rated compared to Bassongs 74. Beast!!

[quote user="cornish sam"]

he is available on a free and a central defensive partnership of him and Bassong would be formidable.

[/quote]

Much like the partnership of Bassong and Turner then.

Unless someone wants to move on I find it hard to see us breaking up a partnership that has already looked so very, very good.

But you do also need competition for places and Ryan Bennett is nowhere near being considered competition for Bassong or Turner.

is he out of contract this Summer? the rumour i have seen is that he has signed a pre-contract agreement, which would indicate a freeby.

Looks like it and refusing to sign an extension with Lazio, that''s why he has been dropped from a few games apparently. If all this is true I hope it won''t affect any prospective deal regarding Garrido.