Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Mark Lawrenson Predictions - Am I missing something?

No problem with the predictions themselves, sure lots of neutral''s think Wigan might pick up a win in there usual end-of-season fashion.

I do however, have two quotes that contradict one another and also shows up some weird mentality that we''re consistently in a relegation scrap.

About us:

"Norwich are still not out of trouble but I think they will be fine - they are edging towards safety bit by bit."

About Stoke:

"The Potters are safely in mid-table but they haven''t had a good season and their away form has been poor.".

Now, last time I looked Stoke were on the same points tally as us. Yet we''re not out of trouble, but Stoke are safe in mid-table? Unless he''s saying that a safe midtable position and a relegation place balances on nothing more than a 10 goal difference?

If Wigan were to win on Saturday, any team up to 34 points should be on their guard.   Stoke are no different to us in that respect.  No one has a place in this division by right, it has to be earned.   Old Lawro is just, as usual, toeing the premiership line and has nothing original to say.   That ten goal difference gap is something that should concern us, but we should pick up enough points for that not to be an issue.   Stoke should be alright as well, although any team that has a poor run from now on in could be sucked back.     A win on Saturday would be just what we need to push on and give us plenty of breathing space.   COYY!

Well whatever the rights and wrongs of Mr Lawrenson''s predictions don''t forget he said he''ll be watching our game as Football Focus comes from the DW Stadium on Sat..Probably guarantees we won''t be propping up MOTD and for that alone methinks he deserves a cheery wave from us travelling fans......[;)]

Every team in the bottom half of the table will be praying that Norwich do not get beaten. A Wigan loss or draw makes that annual end of season recovery much more unlikely. For me i think we willlose by the odd goal then go on to secure the points in later games to finish on or around 14th

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Well whatever the rights and wrongs of Mr Lawrenson''s predictions don''t forget he said he''ll be watching our game as Football Focus comes from the DW Stadium on Sat.   Probably guarantees we won''t be propping up MOTD and for that alone methinks he deserves a cheery wave from us travelling fans......[;)][/quote]

It also shows what an important game this is, not just for us, but  for the whole lower half of the table.    Hoping for a really good game, following on from the Sunderland match, which we were strong in.