Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Pre season in USA !!!!

DC united would be fantastic.

I''m moving back to the states april 3rd and they''re the closest mls club to me.

although I fully expect philly to be a destination, as that is the location of our new promotional firm hired earlier this season.

either way, I am very, very happy about this.

Wow, this is great news! Anyone on here followed a pre-season tour before? I intend to be in America this summer and going to see the team play would be a great addition to the trip. Assuming we will play Kansas city

If we got to play Portland Timbers that''d be amazing. I wouldn''t be surprised by Kansas though as we could put it into part of the deal if we want to sign Kamara. Maybe get some money off for taking a match to them?

I''d like to play the Seattle Sounders as they''re my MLS team and they''ve also got quite a few little decent players.

I so wish I could find the post on here about this a few months ago...it was in relations to Twitter and McNally and when we signed that contract with that American advertising company. I knew it would happy. They are from Philadelphia so I can almost guarantee a game there :) if anyone knows how to search :)

So I am assuming it will be Philadelphia Union and Sporting KC as part of the loan deal for Kei Kamara...who all here is from America would want to get together when it happens for a few drinks. This just changed my whole summer holidays lol :) woooo hoooo.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I so wish I could find the post on here about this a few months ago...it was in relations to Twitter and McNally and when we signed that contract with that American advertising company. I knew it would happy. They are from Philadelphia so I can almost guarantee a game there :) if anyone knows how to search :)[/quote]

dont know much about Philadelphia?..........other than the "Rocky steps"!

I would be surprised if we didn''t play the KC Chiefs, that might have even been part of the Kamara deal.

Signing a players from Sporting Lisbon and planning US tours, everybody is certainly very confident of Premier League football next season.

Philadelphia the City of Brotherly love...and probably one of the most violent cities and their fans are considered the worst fans in all sports. They even have jails in their stadiums...but this being soccer and a friendly game we shouldn''t have problems. They got really famous when Santa came on during a American Football game for halftime and the crowd booed and chucked hundreds of snowballs at him and he had to run for cover. If you are an opposing fan....NEVER wear the other teams jersey if you want to come out alive.

Just googled quickly.....

http://coedmagazine.com/2012/01/11/philadelphia-worst-sports-fans/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/816529-ranking-the-30-absolute-worst-fans-in-sports-history/page/31

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america#slide=14

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1432267-most-vicious-home-fans-in-sports ...This one they have 3 of their sport franchies listed in the top 20 most vicious fans

Soooo Who want''s to go to Philly :)

Blurboy, I spose all that violence comes from the frustration of spending all week in a soft cheese factory.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Philadelphia the City of Brotherly love...and probably one of the most violent cities and their fans are considered the worst fans in all sports. They even have jails in their stadiums...but this being soccer and a friendly game we shouldn''t have problems. They got really famous when Santa came on during a American Football game for halftime and the crowd booed and chucked hundreds of snowballs at him and he had to run for cover. If you are an opposing fan....NEVER wear the other teams jersey if you want to come out alive. Just googled quickly..... http://coedmagazine.com/2012/01/11/philadelphia-worst-sports-fans/ http://bleacherreport.com/articles/816529-ranking-the-30-absolute-worst-fans-in-sports-history/page/31 http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201104/worst-sports-fans-in-america#slide=14 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1432267-most-vicious-home-fans-in-sports ...This one they have 3 of their sport franchies listed in the top 20 most vicious fans Soooo Who want''s to go to Philly :)[/quote]

It''s good to see you aren''t just peddling mis-informed sterotypes. The incident with with Santa happened nearly 45 years ago after the team had lost all but two of thier games that season. With a city of around 6 million people who all care passionately about their teams. Imagine if all of London supported 1 football team they would make Philly fans seem like Angels.

As for playing both Philly and Kansas I hope we don''t. There''s approximately 1000 miles between Philly and Kansas and with the flights too and from the States I wouldn''t want the team to spend any more time travelling than is absolutly needed.

Davo

Holty should enjoy pre-season in the US of A...... "Would you like to go XXX large sir, on your triple beef, bacon and cheeseburger, sir?"

"YOU BETCHA!" Holty replies......"Oh, and make it a large diet coke to wash it down with.....cheers!" sez Holty......."Oh, and can I have a dozen fried onion rings to nibble on - whilst I''m waiting for my order?" [8-|]

I''d love it if they came down here to Texas, playing either in Dallas (2 hr drive on a bad day) or Houston (4.5 hours)-I''d make that trip.  I''d try to make a trip to Kansas City (8.5 hr) as well since I grew up there and still have family & friends.If the team does make it to KC, Kei will definitely introduce them to real KC BBQ...  :)

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]I so wish I could find the post on here about this a few months ago...it was in relations to Twitter and McNally and when we signed that contract with that American advertising company. I knew it would happy. They are from Philadelphia so I can almost guarantee a game there :) if anyone knows how to search :)[/quote]

The company was Front Row and spot on a tour like this was almost inevitable.

Certainly a sign of our growing status but I can''t help feel sorry for all the loyal fans who usually follow pre-season but will not be able to afford to this year. Holland, Scotland and Germany were achievable, you could even drive and make a road trip out of it.

however hog, there are plenty of fans like my self, who have grown up watching city at carrow rd and away, who now (or will be by the summer.) are in the states and will follow their tour as diligently as possible. this also gives norwich a chance to branch out globally and gain more support in foreign lands, which is really good for the club itself.

Think a tour of America could work well with the signing of Kie Kamera, If indeed we are going to sign him, it would be better news than last Friday

I don''t disagree about Texas being hot, I''m mostly just wishful thinking... but Kansas City can be just as hot as Texas and doesn''t have any indoor options, such as Reliant Stadium in Houston, the Alamodome in San Antonio, or the Death Star (Cowboys Stadium) in Arlington.  Unfortunately, those venues are probably too big for an NCFC game unless they''re playing the Mexican National Team.

That video right there show''s the difficulty of living in Florida ;) It''s so stressful...actually from living all over the world...Florida girls are the cream of the crop.