Sign in to follow this  
morty

Match of the bloody day!!!

Just watched our fine win on match of the day and all they could talk about was how West Bum played us off the park and should have won, they had very little to say about our grit, determination and, worst of all, Damo''s fantastic goal. I hope that, come the end of the season, they choke on their biased, petty words against the mighty green and yellow. I haven''t stopped smiling since I left Carrow road, and may just grin all day tomorrow too!! Keep it low. 

Agreed, especially Mark Lawrenson!

I do feel though that WBA were the much better team on the day but as you say Norwich were not congratulated on their good parts.  Francis'' goal wasn''t a scrambled effort.  It was a fabulous strike!

I think I''m glad I only saw the replayed MOTD - they don''t show the comments of Hansen/Lawro et al, which can all to often only be a good thing. 

Before yesterday''s game, I doubt anyone could have cared two hoots about how well we played.   It was one of those games where the result mattered more than anything, to both sides -  I''d have happily seem them hit the post time after time, and for us to nip in with a dubious penalty in injury time to win it!! 

If you look at the bare stats, the shots on and off target were almost the same for both sides. Yes, they probably played better than us overall, but clever play on its own has never won anything in football.  The stats suggest that a draw was probably the fairest result - but given that we created enough to score 3, surely we ought to have got some credit?

At least, unlike the two Liverpool sides and Spurs, the WBA supporters made themselves heard before they took the lead.

francis''s goal was a peach but even the most biased canary could see wba were the better team and should have won. we gave them enough chances.

having said that we played spurs off the park for most of the game on boxing day and where did that get us?

I normally can''t stand Mark Lawrenson. But I think Schmeical, Linekar and him got it spot on on MOTD - West Brom blew it big time, and bossed the game.

But to be fair they did show Damo''s goal several times and gave praise to Norwich''s fight and spirit. In fact it was the last thing Linekar mentioned at the end of the programme. And don''t forget we''ve been featured very early in the last two shows. They''re being very fair to us.

WBA did control the game - as most other sides have done when visiting Carrow Road. Worthy has done an excellent job in organisation and team work. The players commitment and determination cannot be faulted. However regular faults such as deep defending, poor control and distribution show no improvement and the players will eventually lose their enthusiasm by continually chasing the ball. I would suggest we need some changes in the coaching staff.

[quote]WBA did control the game - as most other sides have done when visiting Carrow Road. Worthy has done an excellent job in organisation and team work. The players commitment and determination cannot be f...[/quote]

absolutely vos

do you know we have a great footballing coach already at FCR, his name is Dave Williams and at present he coaches one of the academy teams, he used to work with Dave Stringer - during one of our better pass and move eras

so what''s going on at present coaching wise?    hell if i know

I thought MOTD got it spot on. We were outplayed for almost the entire match, they had stacks of chances and possession which they failed to convert. What they highlighted was WBA poor defendning, but ours was even worse and that went unnoticed. I am still shaking my head in disbelief- smiling but wondering how on earth we nicked it! (just like Saints fans must be wondering how they didn''t nick theirs)