Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Player of the season?!...

I''m finding it fairly difficult to choose this season.

I have a top 5 of (in no particular order)

Bassong

Turner

Snodgrass

Bunn

Johnson

I''ll be voting for Johnson.

I reckon Bassong will win, with Snod in second and probably Johnson third, although if he scores a couple goals in th next 2/3 games Holt could still sneak in there.

Bassong

Snodgrass

Wes

Pilkington

But for his injury Ruddy would have been right up there.

For me it quite clearly has to come from one of these four:

Bassong / Turner / Johnson / Snodgrass

Close for me between Bassong and Snoddy, but Bassong has to take it purely from the results when he hasn''t played. Hugely important player for us.

Gotta be Bunn for me, Bassong in front of him has been excellent but Bunn''s development and determination (shown by his outrage at being sent off) puts him above for me.

[quote user="Stig"]Gotta be Bunn for me, Bassong in front of him has been excellent but Bunn''s development and determination (shown by his outrage at being sent off) puts him above for me.[/quote]

You''re voting for him because he was p1ssed off about being sent off?

No disrespect to Bunn but if he was to win POTS it''d be a crime.

As others have said, it will be between Bassong and Snodgrass. They have been consistently our 2 best players this season.But it''s Snodgrass for me - if you look at his attacking stats they are embarasssingly better than any other player we have. I like attackers, so Snodgrass will be getting my vote.That not to say Bassong hasn''t had a great season - as he obv. has!!

"NWC it''s Snodgrass for me - if you look at his attacking stats they are embarrassingly better than any other player we have. "

Same goals and one just more assist than Pilkington who has a better pass success rate but from fewer appearances so I am not sure he does embarrass anyone in the squad.

but I have him in my top two too - so I do know where you are coming from. For me its his all round contribution, his defensive work is as impressive as his attacking play (perhaps more so) with more tackles per game than BJ and so good our game plan all season has been to get the ball to him as much as possible. Improved from a shaky start too

It''s Bassong for me by a country mile.   Calm, organised, good communications, skilful, strong, consistent.  No weak points as far as I can see. The two penalties he gave away were dubious, so not really to blame.   Snodgrass good at times, but has had  too many indifferent games and poor deliveries at times.      Bassong has been a major reason for our strong defence (when it has been strong - ie, when he''s in it) so it has to be him, unless Grant Holt starts scoring a few hat tricks in the next few weeks.   Now wouldn''t that be nice!

[quote user="GJP"]

For me it quite clearly has to come from one of these four:

Bassong / Turner / Johnson / Snodgrass

[/quote]exactly my thoughts, and Turner is closing the gap game by game. at the moment i have it as Seb, Snoddy and Turner (we need a nickname/shortened name for him). he has been better than Seb, back header apart, for the last few games.                                                              

Bassong, by some distance. Having said that, I hope next season we are choosing player of the season from our creative/attacking players instead.