Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Marco van Ginkel...

Strong rumors from Holland, we are after this lad!

Albeit coming from Twitter, there might be something in it.

Apparently the Hottest young Dutch prospect...

http://www.goal.com/id-ID/news/784/transfer-pemain/2013/03/26/3852858/giliran-marco-van-ginkel-dilirik-norwich-city?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not sure if anyone is able to translate this?

Saw this earlier. At 20, he''s already got one senior cap for the Netherlands. Gifted mid-fielder, apparently, and as he''s not 21 until December 2013, he wouldn''t count in the 25 player squad next year. Could be something in it.

plays anywhere in midfield. plays L DM for dutch under 21''s and a more attacking role at his club. scored planty of goals and provided a few ast''s too this season.

would be an amazing signing maybe even more of a statement than winkie

[quote user="SYG"]http://www.goal.com/id-ID/news/784/transfer-pemain/2013/03/26/3852858/giliran-marco-van-ginkel-dilirik-norwich-city?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not sure if anyone is able to translate this?[/quote]

After ensuring the recruitment of Ricky van Wolfswinkel at the turn of the season, Norwich City are now targeting other young Dutch players, Marco van Ginkel, the Daily Star . Though just 20 years old, Van Ginkel had played a total of more than 100 games for Vitesse Arnhem. Increasingly significant development this season by appearing as core players in 27 games in the Dutch Eredivisie Vitesse. As a result, Van Ginkel unbelievable diving senior national team debut in the Netherlands against Germany, in November last year. Van Ginkel under contract with Vitesse until 2015 and reportedly serious Norwich bid. Interesting awaited the transfer of the player for FC Twente also had expressed interest in the winter transfer market.

This feels so much different to the last time we got promoted to the prem with worthy, although we''ve had an extra season, i doubt that board would be as ambitious as the one we have at the mo. Great time to be a city supporter, even if this story is b0ll0cks (no pun intended for RVW)

Daily Star and Twitter are the sources so i don''t think i will get too excited just yet.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]This feels so much different to the last time we got promoted to the prem with worthy, although we''ve had an extra season, i doubt that board would be as ambitious as the one we have at the mo. Great time to be a city supporter, even if this story is b0ll0cks (no pun intended for RVW)[/quote]

There is a significant difference in the amount of money available to the board then and now.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Van Ginkel AND Van Winkel, Behave please gentlemen.[/quote]

Does Kevin Drinkell still turn out occasionally?

I would love this to be true... Would love to set up a strong connection with the Netherlands, it makes sense given our geographical location. Players could easily fly home from Norwich airport where check in times are next to nothing. We''d be an attractive club as a stepping stone, not too much pressure - an ability to prove themselves in the EPL. Now with RVW joining, it would no doubt be something to swing fellow Dutch towards our club

[quote user="Wooftie"]I would love this to be true... Would love to set up a strong connection with the Netherlands, it makes sense given our geographical location. Players could easily fly home from Norwich airport

[/quote]

Please remember the stick Grant Holt gets for popping up to Carlisle.

That''s a good point about the airport, RVW may not be able to live in such a glamorous city as Lisbon, but at least he can get back home pretty quickly. Could well have been a factor.

from all i can find out about this lad, he is the bees knees and would be a definite attacking improvement to our midfield. transfermarkt have him at £5.3M, and he scores and creates, in 33 games this season has scored 8 and created 8. yes please.

[quote user="YellowBlood"][quote user="SYG"]http://www.goal.com/id-ID/news/784/transfer-pemain/2013/03/26/3852858/giliran-marco-van-ginkel-dilirik-norwich-city?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Not sure if anyone is able to translate this?[/quote]

After ensuring the recruitment of Ricky van Wolfswinkel at the turn of the season, Norwich City are now targeting other young Dutch players, Marco van Ginkel, the Daily Star . Though just 20 years old, Van Ginkel had played a total of more than 100 games for Vitesse Arnhem. Increasingly significant development this season by appearing as core players in 27 games in the Dutch Eredivisie Vitesse. As a result, Van Ginkel unbelievable diving senior national team debut in the Netherlands against Germany, in November last year. Van Ginkel under contract with Vitesse until 2015 and reportedly serious Norwich bid. Interesting awaited the transfer of the player for FC Twente also had expressed interest in the winter transfer market.[/quote]

Perhaps we could even go for Wilfried Bony if we''re feeling really ambitious

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="YellowBlood"][quote user="SYG"]http://www.goal.com/id-ID/news/784/transfer-pemain/2013/03/26/3852858/giliran-marco-van-ginkel-dilirik-norwich-city?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter Not sure if anyone is able to translate this?[/quote] After ensuring the recruitment of Ricky van Wolfswinkel at the turn of the season, Norwich City are now targeting other young Dutch players, Marco van Ginkel, the Daily Star . Though just 20 years old, Van Ginkel had played a total of more than 100 games for Vitesse Arnhem. Increasingly significant development this season by appearing as core players in 27 games in the Dutch Eredivisie Vitesse. As a result, Van Ginkel unbelievable diving senior national team debut in the Netherlands against Germany, in November last year. Van Ginkel under contract with Vitesse until 2015 and reportedly serious Norwich bid. Interesting awaited the transfer of the player for FC Twente also had expressed interest in the winter transfer market.[/quote]

Perhaps we could even go for Wilfried Bony if we''re feeling really ambitious

[/quote]

now do be serious :D

So he''s a central midfielder...My question (to those who might have seen MVG play) is whether he is a Bradley Johnson type of central midfielder or whether he is a Wes Hoolahan type?Hoping he''s the latter!

Apparently he''s gone on Dutch TV and said he wants to sign for Liverpool

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Wooftie"]I would love this to be true... Would love to set up a strong connection with the Netherlands, it makes sense given our geographical location. Players could easily fly home from Norwich airport

[/quote]

Please remember the stick Grant Holt gets for popping up to Carlisle.

[/quote]

To be honest, the trip to Holland would be quicker than the trip to Carlisle (Depending where abouts in Holland, of course). Its a 50 minute flight to Amsterdam... You could barely get to Elveden in that time!

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract

So he''s a central midfielder...

My question (to those who might have seen MVG play) is whether he is a Bradley Johnson type of central midfielder or whether he is a Wes Hoolahan type?

Hoping he''s the latter!

Here''s hoping he is a tackler and a ball playing midfield player.

Thought this was a joke name made up at first!

Footy managered him and found a £9m Vitesse wonderkid! (might just have to buy him myself!)

It seems he''s a Jack Wilshire esque midfielder, not very defensive, but tenacious and skilfull.

If he is upgrading anyone, then Howson seems the most similar player we have.

I thought chelsea were interested in this lad. If so, I think we can rule this out. Although the prospect of having ginkelwinkel upfront is utterly hilarious.