Agreed - would be great to take 4400 again. Newcastle managed it last week - we passed their coaches on the A1 last Sunday. But McNally has tweeted that we hope to take only 2k.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Agreed - would be great to take 4400 again. Newcastle managed it last week - we passed their coaches on the A1 last Sunday. But McNally has tweeted that we hope to take only 2k.[/quote]

Only 2K?  Waas goin oaann?  Surely we can fill our end of the ground?

Is it really that key for us? much bigger game for them than us.

i am confident the team will be focused and professional and we will get the result we deserve.

we dont do well in must win games so no need to make this game seem more important than it really is.

[quote user="star_manic"]i think Mr M is being a little cautious because of the weather.
[/quote]

I think Mr M is being realistic.Just remember that last season it was our very first game back in the Premiership and hundreds of those if not thousands had never been to Wigan.The novelty factor of such trips has worn off as has been plain to see throughout this season visiting clubs of similar stature to Wigan.

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Agreed - would be great to take 4400 again. Newcastle managed it last week - we passed their coaches on the A1 last Sunday. But McNally has tweeted that we hope to take only 2k.[/quote]

Only 2K?  Waas goin oaann? 

Surely we can fill our end of the ground?

[/quote]

According the the EDP there were 728 NCFC fans at Sunderland. A similarly lengthy trip. Of course that was on TV. But the tough economic climate is probably also a factor. As far as home games are concerned it won''t become clear until the end of the season but from preliminary figures it looks as if the club has (possibly belatedly) realised times are increasingly hard and has adjusted the casual ticket categories accordingly.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="star_manic"]i think Mr M is being a little cautious because of the weather.[/quote]

I think Mr M is being realistic.Just remember that last season it was our very first game back in the Premiership and hundreds of those if not thousands had never been to Wigan.The novelty factor of such trips has worn off as has been plain to see throughout this season visiting clubs of similar stature to Wigan.

[/quote]

Yes, it was the first game in the premiership and a great occasion it was too.   Arguably though, this coming game is more important as it has serious implications for the rest of our season.   Win and we are well clear, lose and the 18th place becomes a lottery for about eight other clubs, including us.  We need to take our full quota, the tickets are cheap - or don''t we care about our club enough at a critical stage of the season?   People who are complacent because we are twelfth in the table ought to take another look at it to see how important this game is, not just to us but the whole bottom half of the league.   

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="star_manic"]i think Mr M is being a little cautious because of the weather.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, it was the first game in the premiership and a great occasion it was too.   Arguably though, this coming game is more important as it has serious implications for the rest of our season.   Win and we are well clear, lose and the 18th place becomes a lottery for about eight other clubs, including us.  We need to take our full quota, the tickets are cheap - or don''t we care about our club enough at a critical stage of the season?  

People who are complacent because we are twelfth in the table ought to take another look at it to see how important this game is, not just to us but the whole bottom half of the league.   

[/quote]

Without going over old ground please remember that there are numerous reasons why many fans will swerve next weeks game and it has nothing whatsoever with your " don''t we care enough about our club" attitude. Distance,finance,bank Holiday weekend,family commitments, all play their part and if you do not fall under the radar of any of those you are very lucky but be well advised to avoid knocking fellow fans if your wish to take 4,000 odd to Wigan does not materialise. Tickets will not be like gold dust so i for one and i speak to others i am sure have no need at this moment in time to commit to getting up at silly o clock to travel 400 odd miles.The lunatic weather we are suffering from at the moment may well influence decision making also.

It''s not that important a game, far more important for them than it is us and certainly not a must win.

"This is the game of the season for us"

No it''s not

so stop behaving like a big drama queen

It''s only game of the season is respect to it being a Must. Not. Lose. game. Like, really... please do not lose, I could do without the headache. Though, if we lose - other teams around us might also, especially Sunderland who have a series of must not lose games one after the other. We don''t, so therefore can afford it in some respects.

[quote user="Stig"]It''s only game of the season is respect to it being a Must. Not. Lose. game. Like, really... please do not lose, I could do without the headache. Though, if we lose - other teams around us might also, especially Sunderland who have a series of must not lose games one after the other. We don''t, so therefore can afford it in some respects.[/quote]

[:^)][*-)]

whilst this may not be the biggest game of the season, I''d say that should we lose ,the following game at home to Swansea is, which considering  have Arsenal away the following week would be a nervey occasion?!

For me these are the games I want go to. Away games where we have a chance of a win are more exciting than the Chelsea Man U away games.

WBA, Wigan, stoke etc are much more appealing than the big grounds which only have an atmosphere when they play teams that they see as rivals, we are not seen as genuine competition and hence just a team where impatience may kick in.

I cannot wait to be at Wigan, a game I have looked forward to all season.

1 because away support can be so noticed

2 cause we might actually win

3 no arrogant away fans

4 Wigan play good football and hence bodes for an exciting game

5 pints can be a sensible price.

Just feel we will have really prepared for this one, we were robbed at Sunderland and holt throw away two points. I feel we will be right for this one and have a good game.

For me it is these away games which are more appealing to go too, rather than man city, Liverpool etc.

[quote user="smooth"]For me these are the games I want go to. Away games where we have a chance of a win are more exciting than the Chelsea Man U away games. WBA, Wigan, stoke etc are much more appealing than the big grounds which only have an atmosphere when they play teams that they see as rivals, we are not seen as genuine competition and hence just a team where impatience may kick in. I cannot wait to be at Wigan, a game I have looked forward to all season. 1 because away support can be so noticed 2 cause we might actually win 3 no arrogant away fans 4 Wigan play good football and hence bodes for an exciting game 5 pints can be a sensible price. Just feel we will have really prepared for this one, we were robbed at Sunderland and holt throw away two points. I feel we will be right for this one and have a good game. For me it is these away games which are more appealing to go too, rather than man city, Liverpool etc.[/quote]

I''d agree with all of that exept this , Stoke away last season was the worst football match I''ve seen Norwich involved in ,in my 33 years of watching.....can''t say I''m looking forward to the return trip this season!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Basically if we lose we are in a relegation dogfight. Any other result and we are safe. Either way I can''t see us being relegated, we are still picking up points after all.[/quote]

This was really my point, which some people obviously don''t accept.  Like it or not, this match can make our season easy or it could make things very awkward over the next few weeks.  The last thing any of the rest of the clubs in the lower half of the table want is Wigan winning and closing the gap to 18th place.  Four points above 18th spot is not healthy for us with our goal difference.   Yes we can pick up points elsewhere, but if you want a season defining game, this is it.   Its a six pointer not only for us but every other team from 10th to 17th.  in the league.  

Stop being silly.

So what if we lose, we might win the week after and Wigan lose so we would be back to where we are now, who knows.

The reality is that all games count towards the final total. Wigan is merely one of those 38 games.

Neither is it a 6 pointer for "every other team from 10th to 17th. in the league". If we win Wigan get no points and we get 3 points - the other clubs do not get three points

So stop behaving like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6wok7g7do

Totally agree with you Smooth, really looking foward to this one. Partly as I haven''t been to Wigan before but am also very hopeful we will come away with 3 points.

Where does everyone go for pints at a sensible price ? Always like a well priced beer or 2 before a win.

Just leaving for Wigan. And we''ve all been successful in the ballot for Stoke, not the best game of the season last year! Hoping for a point tomorrow, notwithstanding City 1st''s joyful optimism, a defeat would ratchet up the pressure on the players going into the very difficult Swansea match yet further.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Just leaving for Wigan. And we''ve all been successful in the ballot for Stoke, not the best game of the season last year! Hoping for a point tomorrow, notwithstanding City 1st''s joyful optimism, a defeat would ratchet up the pressure on the players going into the very difficult Swansea match yet further.[/quote]HC......the '' Pink-Un''s '' very own Victor Meldrew. Is it something to do with the weather in Scotland ?To be honest after a few pints on Wigan Pier I''m hoping for three points tomorrow.

For some strange reason, whenever I see one of HC''s posts I think of this chap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9p_NFm6qk

Popped into the ticket office to pick up my tickets this Afternoon. I was told that 1000tickets had been sent back and there iro 150 tickets.

On the way back saw Tilly in a Seat Toledo - is this the new fm coach Mr Tilson?

I always think Victor somewhat of an optimist. Bit of convoluted route up from Norfolk today - avoid the A52 through Grantham which is closed with a long diversion...