Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Tettey or Howson?

Tettey offers a stronger physical presence in mid field, but if we don`t move and show for passes it will make little difference which one plays.

Hello by the way!.

Clearly at the moment it has to be Howson. He was excellent at Sunderland and his performances have steadily been improving with game time (shocker).

Tettey is a good player but not so good that you have to drop people who are playing well just because he''s fit again.

As for Fox...he''s become a better player for not being in the team.

I wouldn''t personally tinker with the team from Sunderland too much unless forced by injury, and I don''t think Hughton will either.

Howson has been improving massively with a run of games in centre midfield after Tettey''s injury. He was pretty woeful earlier on in the season, but now him and BJ together look solid and I thought Howson was great against Sunderland, would be harsh to drop him just when he looks like he is performing to the level we all thought he would all season.

Johnson has been a consistent performer all season and has arguably been one of our best players, I can''t see him being, and personally wouldn''t want him, replaced.

Tettey is lacking match fitness and I''d actually prefer Howson over him at the minute. The central pairing of BJ and Tettey is rock solid but pretty dire to watch going forward, before he got injured Tettey''s passing was frustrating at times to say the least imo.

I feel sorry for Fox, but its a non issue, he has had what 6 or 7 minutes of PL football this season? Barring a mass of injuries I doubt he will start a game for us this season, possibly ever.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Tettey offers a stronger physical presence in mid field, but if we don`t move and show for passes it will make little difference which one plays.

Hello by the way!.[/quote]

Hi & Welcome Van Wink

Thanks for your contribution

Are you Dutch ?

With everyone fully fit and in form, I''d be tempted to go Tettey and Howson. I don''t particularly rate Howson, but I feel that with Tettey and BJ we are just a bit too one dimensional in the midfield. I''m not BJ''s biggest fan either but am willing to admit that if we were going on the defensive he is useful to have as an option at least.

But I can''t see Tettey coming straight back in after a fairly hefty lay off. Probably on the bench, and may well come on if we''re trying to shut out the game later on.

We have not seen the best of Howson yet, this season, but we know that he can play from last season. I think that he will improve as he gets more games under his belt. Tettey is an enigma. He is a brave tackler, and he loves to get forward, but when he does go forward there is usually little product. Fox, because of his stature, is a weaker tackler than the other two, and certainly not as quick as Howson, who over 15 yards is probably the quickest at the club. Fox does supply good long passes accurately, but over a short distance is not outstandingly effective.

It''s a difficult decision for CH. Does he go defensive at Wigan, and try to gain a point or stop Wigan? In this case if Tettey is anything like match fit he probably shades it. If he is likely to fade, then Howson could always come on as sub.

(Less likely) CH could be more attacking. In this case the pace and power of shot may give Howson a slight edge.

Is it possible that Whittaker could play central midfielder? He may be a little tired from exertion for Scotland, but he lasted the whole game there.

Much depends on the fitness of Tettey, - how much effective training he has been able to do since his fairly long lay-off. Other things being equal, I think that his stopping ability and the natural caution of CH may decide that we should defend and hope to snatch something on the break.