Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

R Martin to Villa ?

I''d really hope not, he is one of my favorite Norwich players and really adds something to the team. P*ss off P**l L****t

Would take a straight swap for benteke, would be our strikers well and truly sorted.

Hopefully villa will get relegated anyway and can''t see Martin wanting to take a step back with would rather stay at A BIGGER CLUB.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]its nice to know that we don''t have to sell and are a richer club than the mighty aton villa[/quote]

reading the last report from R Martin, he won''t be going anywhere least of all Slimesville, he wants to be here and go with the flow you might say, but I honestly can''t see any deals being done with them anyway, Unless they offer £30.mil  

I''d take £6-7m for him realistically if offered, in the same position Whittaker''s just as good. As a player he''s probably only worth about £4m but from what I''ve heard he brings a lot to the team off the field and is therefore an important player to us. Like with Hooper at Celtic our valuation of him may be a lot more than other teams view he''s worth. So therefore I can''t see this one happening.

If we were offered silly money which would be £5M+, I''d sell him but Russell Martin brings so much to our team that I suspect we''d be better with him staying!

While I would not be happy to see RuM go, just for sake of fun, would there be any Villa defender/s who could be a return in kind? Vlaar, perhaps? Lichaj?

I can understand why Lambert would want him, and Martin did well under his managership. But can we see CH wanting to let him go. He gives whole-hearted and effective performance every week, and is a very positive influence on the side.

Unless we make some major signings at full back ,and these were  not mentioned in RvW''s "slip", unless by "wide men" was meant wing backs, I can''t see us wanting to sell. We must sign one or two, so why sell one who has proved himself to club and supporters.

The only way I could see him going would be if we signed Benteke or Weimann, wiith Martin was an inducement, but I think that the stwo Villa players are likely to go to more affluent clubs.