Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Holty hints that Kei is staying?

"We’ve taken Kei Kamara under our wing, taken him to dinner, shown him a flat. He’s a good character."
Taken from THIS ARTICLEIt could be he was looking for somewhere to rent when he signed and Holt is referring to an event from when Kei arrived, but being as he arrived at the end of January, and his loan expires at the start of May, that is only a 3 month period so I find it difficult to believe he would be looking for a flat to rent for 12 weeks.
Could be wrong, but my hunch is that Kei has been told we''ll be taking up the option on him at the end of the season, and he''s settling down.

no.

he probably will stay, but I highly doubt it has been fully decided yet.

what is so odd about a grown 28 year old man wanting space to call his own in the form of a flat? there''s no doubt he can afford it, and I''m sure the club has connections to the point that players don''t need fixed contracts to rent.

way overthinking it.

I don''t think that the article suggests that at all. It simply refers to the friendships formed within the dressing room between more established players such as Holt and new members, such as Kei. When player arrive at City they usually spend a brief time in a hotel, often Dunston Hall and then quickly look to rent a decent place before purchasing something more proper if they are here for the long hall.

It doesn''t say when he was shown a flat though, does it? This may well have happened shortly after he arrived, rather than, say, a day or two before the interview took place.

Yep, Kei obviously did not fancy Hotel life so the lads sorted him out a convenient rental. I still think he will join us if given the chance.

Dont see anything in the article to suggest he will sign,  but his performances and squad integration have been good and I hope he does sign.   If he continues to play like has has so far its a no brainer.

Looking forward to him linking up with wes again - looked encouraging and I dont think he will mind if wes steals another goal to make it 4 consecutive games scoring against wigan... 

Why dismiss the OP? He/she is clearly hoping that KK will sign for us and is sharing his hope that there is a clue in the interview.I hope so too.

It''s a fan''s post and why not?!

I wish this had an edit button. I was going to go to say that Holt joins a number of players to come out and compliment the effect KK has had on morale. It seems to me that they would want him to sign over the summer.

it certainly seems that KK is well integrated with the rest of the players and also well respected as a footballer. would be very surprised if his loan is not made permanent.