Sign in to follow this  
Block Y Seat 176

di Stefano

Anyone would be better than Delia.......So glad he didn''t succeed in buying Jimmy Jones''s shares (9%), as he probably would have added to them over time. Then when things went wrong and people were calling for Delia out, he would have been in the right place for a takeover. I shudder at the thought.

[quote user="haisbrohacker"]How many other rouges are their in football?[/quote]

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with this thread.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Anyone would be better than Delia.......

So glad he didn''t succeed in buying Jimmy Jones''s shares (9%), as he probably would have added to them over time. Then when things went wrong and people were calling for Delia out, he would have been in the right place for a takeover. I shudder at the thought.
[/quote]

I''ve never seen the problem with di Stefano. One of our owners is a self-confessed cookery cheat while another director slaughters defenceless animals for a living, and we''ve happily let them run the club and taken their money...[:O]

I seem to remember a poster the name of whom is no longer  permitted to be mentioned on here stating that Delia should have taken his money but for some reason that thread from 2009 has disappeared.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]di Stefano was brilliant for Real Madrid, mind you.[/quote]

OK, a quiz question for a slow Thursday. The prize is...there isn''t a prize. But without recourse to Wiki:

Alfredo di Stefano played international football for three countries. Which three?

Which other genius player active in Spain at the same time as di Stefano also played for three countries, and which ones?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]di Stefano was brilliant for Real Madrid, mind you.[/quote]

OK, a quiz question for a slow Thursday. The prize is...there isn''t a prize. But without recourse to Wiki:

Alfredo di Stefano played international football for three countries. Which three?

Which other genius player active in Spain at the same time as di Stefano also played for three countries, and which ones?

[/quote]

It must be Puskas who played for Spain and Hungary. Di Stefano also played for Argentina. Struggling after that Purple.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

It must be Puskas who played for Spain and Hungary. Di Stefano also played for Argentina. Struggling after that Purple.

[/quote]

Good thinking, Til, but not Puskas, although originally from his part of the world. And this player turned out, like Puskas, for Spain and Hungary, but also for one other country.

I''ll throw one other question in while I''m at it. In one World Cup final there was a player on either side with the nickname which translates in English as "Little Bird". In one case from the Portuguese and in the other from Italian. But Portugal have never played Italy in a World Cup final, so which teams and when and who were the two little birds? I am not sure Wiki will be much help, but is certainly allowed in this case.

I remember the numpties who wanted him to buy out Delia and CO and slagged them off when they told him where to go!

While Delia and CO aren''t perfect they are better than some foriegn bulls*itter looking for notieriety and the current shambles at Blackburn is another example of why random foriegners owning your club is more than likely to end up in the sh*t! 

His clients read like a dream dinner party guest list put together by Satan!He''d have made a Cr@p Lawyer anyway, half the people he represented were executed, with most of the others convicted and jailed......

[quote user="kingsway"]

I remember the numpties who wanted him to buy out Delia and CO and slagged them off when they told him where to go!

[/quote]

Such a shame that one of those numpties cannot be mentioned as it appears to breach forum rules.It was fair game for certain posters to have a go at Delia on here back in 2009 for not taking his money and now that Di Stefano has been convicted of fraud the bumping of those posts is not permitted. Maybe Peter The Deleter  could explain ? [*-)]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Garrincha and either a Swedish or Czech player (Brazils opponents in 1958 and 1962 respectively).....

[/quote]

A Swedish or Czech player with an Italian nickname SoB? That doesn''t sound very likely...[;)][:D][;)]

Di Stefano played for Spain, Argentina and looking at his name i''d throw in Italy as a guess but it seems unlikely that someone would play for the Spanish and the Italians. Other than that I have no idea. Garrincha as mentioned was "little bird".

As an afterthought, perhaps the USA could be one of the countries played for, they claimed the likes of Navratilova in tennis etc

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Sorry Purple should have read the question, basically that boils it down to 1970 or 1994 in terms of Brazil (where Portuguese is the official language) and Italy World Cup Finals, as Garrincha did not play in either of those we are back to square one....[/quote]

No, SoB, you were right! I was teasing. It is a sneaky - but accurate - question. The player didn''t have to be Italian to have an Italian nickname. Half the Swedish side in the 1958 final played in Italy. Hamrin, the right-winger, was there from 1956 to 1971 and was known as Uccellino, or Little Bird. Just an oddity that both right-wingers in that final had the same nickname.

Had to Google the players who have represented 3 countries. I have come across another player, still playing club football, who has played for 3 different countries, while not actually changing nationalities like the other 2 players did. Any ideas?

I would have gone for a Russian bu that''s surely too long ago now to be USSR, Commonwealth of Independent States and then whichever country it would be now.

So maybe a Yugoslav?