Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

Graham Stuart

Not sure about the rest of you but I felt good about Stuart''s performance yesterday. While not fully match fit, he showed good vision, aggression and was a cool head in a bubbling contest.Frequently he showed the awareness to dig himself or a teammate out of a tricky situation by looking up and playing a simple pass to the open man some 20 or 30 yards away -- relieving the pressure.Good signing. Other people think differently/same?When fully fit, our squad provides us with many options:GreenEdworthy/HelvegDohertyFleming/CharltonCharlton/DruryJonson/BentleyFrancisHolt/Safri/StuartStuart/HuckerbyAshtonHuckerby/Svensson/McKenzieFrom what I can tell, the only truly guaranteed starters we have are Green, Doherty, Francis, Huckerby and Ashton. The other 6 spots are up for grabs.

I agree - I thought his experience and class showed on sat with good reading of situations and the ability to pass the ball - just the partner we have been look for Francis I think.

As far as name on the team sheet the musts are Green Hux and Ashton - the rest are up for grabs as far as I can see as none of the players have been consistently good enough... 

I will add Helveg to that very short list just for the response.

OTBC

I thought he looked great but wasted out on right midfield. The 4-3-3 didn''t work generally but at 4-4-2 he would have been better sat next to Francis in the centre rather than Holt. What he showed that none of the others (Francis apart) had was indeed composure- he just seemed to have and take a bit more time, look up and play a safe ball to feet. Also appeared strong, should give us better physical presence. Much better than Holt and Safri (from the little I''ve seen of Safri)

Zipper, i think that francis has proved just how vital he is to our team and he''s our top scorer. I think he''s a must as far as team selection is concerned.

I agree about Stuart, looks very solid and will do a good job for us. I thought Richardson had a very good game for west brom maybe he could have helped us out.

Zipper- where would Helveg be for that guaranteed start? He did a good job in midfield as a holding player. He had a corking game vs Liverpool at right back. Had Eddy been that bad recently? Would a midfield of Stuart, Helveg, Francis and Hucks work?

Personally I''d love to see him play the rest of the season, just can''t figure out where.

I cant make my mind up about Francis - there remains a nagging feeling that he really can not be ar$ed to get fully involved and I dont think he has been as good since his injury. 

Overall I would agree though that he is a must start player and should not have overlooked him.

As far as Helveg is concerned he has to play right back.  I agree that Eddy has not had the same ''cock up'' factors as earlier in the season but as several papers have commented this morning he was off the pace and wasted possession too frequently on sat - and that was one of his better games!  At the end of the day eddy gives his all but like leon and holtthe quality simply is not there.  (I am not sure that the reason that Eddy has looked better is in part due to the drop in performance from Flem - most players look good against him at the mo!)  More than happy to keep eddy until Thomas is fit - Flem is a real issue and needs the ubquitous ''rest'' that the likes of McVeigh get for 30 mins poor performance, not 12 games worth.

OTBC  

Right-back is first choice but I''d also be tempted to put him in place of Fleming for a couple of games as he''s equally as comfortable in central defence.