Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Wigan Match Thread!!

It seems we''ve reached our usualy "last 20 minutes backs against the wall" regime...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It would have been easier to score today I think...

Wigan''s defence is pretty inept. But our attack has been equally inept. I think if Hughton took a chance we''d score a goal, but he''s not the kind of manager who is going to take that chance when we''ve got a point in the bag...[/quote]
Not really, we''ve been passing well and creating space but the final pass is sub-standard if it happens at all. We''ve just not been clinical enough  when the opportunity for the final pass arises. 

wigan have been there for the taking but now I could easily see them scoring a late one to win.

Wigan looking dangerous now but we''re defending well.

Time for Holt I think.

As if by magic...shame we''re not going 442.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Gingerpele"]It would have been easier to score today I think...

Wigan''s defence is pretty inept. But our attack has been equally inept. I think if Hughton took a chance we''d score a goal, but he''s not the kind of manager who is going to take that chance when we''ve got a point in the bag...[/quote]
Not really, we''ve been passing well and creating space but the final pass is sub-standard if it happens at all. We''ve just not been clinical enough  when the opportunity for the final pass arises. 
[/quote]

Exactly, what part of your statement disagrees with our attack has been inept? Doesn''t matter what the build up is like into the final third, its what happens when you get there...

hughton you fkn moron

game was there for the taking but he doesnt make a change until the 80th minute and then they concede

GOOOOAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]
Oh wait, DAMN IT!

Poor ''keeping I''m afraid, a top keeper should never get beaten at his near post

Van Wolfswinkles agent is proabbly on the phone alreadyThis is fucking terrible, why has Hughton got no bollocks , Sick of this crap week in week out.

Anyone got the number of Greater Manchester police? I''ve just witnessed a mugging in Wigan....

Bah, I hate this, Hughton can be really reactionary and cautious in his substitutions. I like the guy, but really think that he needs to understand that in these sort of games it''s advantageous to press you advantage with subs, rather than wait for panic-induced late throws of the dice.

So! Are we up for the end of season scrap then? Who knows, it might even be fun.

hughton needs to grow and pair and try making changes to win a fkn game for a change. It was obvious after 10 minutes of the second half it was going to be the same as the first.wigan are 5hite and were there for the taking. embarrassing

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Van Wolfswinkles agent is proabbly on the phone alreadyThis is fucking terrible, why has Hughton got no bollocks , Sick of this crap week in week out.[/quote]A damp squib of a season panning out in a predicatble fashion, goodbye one point... hello nil poi!

We''re back in the relegation scrap - absolutely. 7 points from the last 7 games, especially when you look at who''ve you played, simply is not good enough.