Sign in to follow this  
ARCHIEGEMMELL

It's Time For You Snow Whites To Wake Up!

I haven''t seen the game or read any reports...I only have the result to go off. If there was a point during this game that we were on top then evidently it''s our lack of fire power and poor finishing that''s letting us down...don''t delude yourselves this relegation scrap will probably be going down to the wire. Unfortunately historically every time we need to go on a run or get individual results we always more times then most end up shooting ourselves in the foot (Fulham, last game of that season springs to mind)!  If we are lucky enough to stay up then I think it wont be down to our own endeavour...we will have to rely on other teams like United at lunchtime today to help us out.  These people on here who think we are too good to go down...you must be having a Giraffe..I would say we are not good enough to stop up! But this is where Hughton needs to earn his stripes..and make not only the right team selection but also know when to change it during the game. My greatest concern is if it indeed does go down to the wire then Manchester City will have to have one hell of an off day on the last game of the season  for our Premiership status to be retained.

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]I haven''t seen the game or read any reports...I only have the result to go off. If there was a point during this game that we were on top then evidently it''s our lack of fire power and poor finishing that''s letting us down...don''t delude yourselves this relegation scrap will probably be going down to the wire. Unfortunately historically every time we need to go on a run or get individual results we always more times then most end up shooting ourselves in the foot (Fulham, last game of that season springs to mind)!

If we are lucky enough to stay up then I think it wont be down to our own endeavour...we will have to rely on other teams like United at lunchtime today to help us out.

These people on here who think we are too good to go down...you must be having a Giraffe..I would say we are not good enough to stop up! But this is where Hughton needs to earn his stripes..and make not only the right team selection but also know when to change it during the game. My greatest concern is if it indeed does go down to the wire then Manchester City will have to have one hell of an off day on the last game of the season  for our Premiership status to be retained.
[/quote]

We are not good enough to stay up. We have to rely on the others and hope they do worse than us. Its the story of our season, neagtive football and hope others do us a favour. Instead of actually going out fof the win and concentrate on ourselves. Southampton are a brilliant example of this, as are wigan and Villa who will all finish above us.

It''s us or Sunderland.  

If 3 other teams do worse than us across the season, then by absolute definition *we are good enough to stay up*.

Just because you''re not enjoying how we play doesn''t change that fact. And I say fact, because it is logically sound, and can be proven.

Also, it''s really annoying when people like you state conjecture as fact. You don''t know what''s going to happen. You can''t affect it. Shut up.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]If 3 other teams do worse than us across the season, then by absolute definition *we are good enough to stay up*.

Just because you''re not enjoying how we play doesn''t change that fact. And I say fact, because it is logically sound, and can be proven.

Also, it''s really annoying when people like you state conjecture as fact. You don''t know what''s going to happen. You can''t affect it. Shut up.[/quote]

Do you possess a driving license by any chance and have you ever heard of ''Hazard Perception''?...You are like a teenager who has just passed his test and has not a clue about road safety! You are heading for 10 car pile up with your foot firmly to the metal! You should be slowing down and taking evasive action but you just don''t see it...do you? I think it''s time for you to wake up and start smelling the coffee...

Alan_Grey wrote the following post at 2013-03-30 9:55 PM:

If 3 other teams do worse than us across the season, then by absolute definition *we are good enough to stay up*.

CORRECT that man - but the season is not over yet, so 3 other teams MAY NOT do worse than us, so we won''t be good enough to stay up if you apply the correct logic to your own post - with seven to play, and some below us 8 to play!

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Try again when you can contribute to a debate instead of attempting (and failing, I might add) to insult me.[/quote]

My intent was not to insult you...you are already beating me hands down on that one..I was only trying to get you to wake up!!!

[quote user="City 2nd"]Alan_Grey wrote the following post at 2013-03-30 9:55 PM:

CORRECT that man - but the season is not over yet, so 3 other teams MAY NOT do worse than us, so we won''t be good enough to stay up if you apply the correct logic to your own post - with seven to play, and some below us 8 to play![/quote]

I think you''ll find I never disagreed that we "may not" stay up, or indeed that we "may not" go down. I seem to be in a minority on here who admit they can''t tell.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="City 2nd"]Alan_Grey wrote the following post at 2013-03-30 9:55 PM:

CORRECT that man - but the season is not over yet, so 3 other teams MAY NOT do worse than us, so we won''t be good enough to stay up if you apply the correct logic to your own post - with seven to play, and some below us 8 to play![/quote]

I think you''ll find I never disagreed that we "may not" stay up, or indeed that we "may not" go down. I seem to be in a minority on here who admit they can''t tell.[/quote]

You''re not the only one AG.   I''ve been saying the same for weeks.   No one can really tell how its going to pan out.  We could go up the table, we could go down the table.   We just don''t know.   Its just that the loudest voices on here are the ones who have the most polarised opinions and the thing they hate the most is people who can see both sides of the argument. 

We have not been relegated today and we have seven more games to obtain enough points to stay up, we are not the only team struggling to pick up points, Stoke and Sunderland are also in that particular boat. Clearly we are part of the relegation dog fight and losing today was not good, but I say again we have not been relegated today. All the teams that are on 34 points or less after this weekends round of games are in trouble and teams scrapping for their lives for survival have to play each other.....