Sign in to follow this  
Crispy

Only team not to score at Wigan .....

January didn''t change anything. So so so blunt up front. Oh well let''s hope we can scrape some draws then ! It''s like watching Stoke, but have faith Houghton will improve us for next season.OTBC

Honestly Wigan were so so so poor at the back today. let''s give Becchio a crack up front and pack the midfield. Someone has to score right ?

Strange team to watch at the moment.

[quote user="Crispy"]Honestly Wigan were so so so poor at the back today. let''s give Becchio a crack up front and pack the midfield. Someone has to score right ?

Strange team to watch at the moment.[/quote]Unless of course, the problem is not with the strikers, but our style of play.  Robin Van Persie ould struggle to score in our team, let alone Ricky Van Wolfwinkle.

Not today Foghorn ... I feel we had KK saw enough of the ball to put it away had it been RVP or even Kone

[quote user="Crispy"]Not today Foghorn ... I feel we had KK saw enough of the ball to put it away had it been RVP or even Kone[/quote]

Eh?

Sorry my tablet typing is poor. Meant to read :

Not today Foghorn ... I feel Kei saw enough of the ball to put it away. Had it been RVP or even Kone we would have won.

Although out system doesn''t really favour our strikers with the performance Wigan put out today, we should have had put the game to bed way before Kone''s goal.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]only team not to score at home to Southampton...

[/quote]

Not the result we wnated but what is the point of hunting for negative stats? How many teams have kept a clean shett at home to Man Utd? No... that''s not relevant either.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]only team not to score at home to Southampton...

[/quote]

Not the result we wanted but what is the point of hunting for negative stats? How many teams have kept a clean sheet at home to Man Utd? No... that''s not relevant either.

[/quote]

[:@] That damn cat!!

5 goals in 10 Premiership games

6 failed to score in 10 Premiership games

No shots on target today
[/quote]

only 28 goals in 31 games

It''s relevant because it happened today and proves the growing concern for our lack of goals.

How many teams have kept a clean shett at home to Man Utd? We have. And that stat is relevant when discussing we are a hard team to beat at home... something I hope will see us through to next season and we can rectify our lack of goals over the summer ! I would prefer we sorted it out next game ... but am not expecting it

Why play with one up front for 80 min then change with holt and beccio we have to have two up front from the start So glad Camp is only in for this match, how did he not get to that ball

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Southampton wasn''t today...

[/quote]

Just highlighting the lack of goals, and the fact our attacking play has actually got worse as the season has gone on.
[/quote]

But as the OP was crisp to point, out when he mistakenly thought my post was to him, it wasn''t today so it wasn''t relevant.

That''s ok Crispy buddy, I understood that you didn''t read the whole post[;)]