Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

No ideas...no attacking intent...Shocking performance.

I know this is a board of opinions. And in my opinion this performance has been woeful. Wigan have been so poor and there for the taking. Yet the manager misses the opporunitity to go 4-4-2 and take a risk. Tettey comes on wants to go forward but can''t because Hoolahan has been taken off our only player with any class and movement.... We should have won this. A joke....shocking performance...people still think we will stay up?

This performance is just an absolute joke...I''m fuming...why not go 4-4-2 from the start...wigans defence was absolutely woeful...their defence literally wanted to give us the ball at times...but some of our players first touch was shocking...we looked slow...lethargic and just short of ideas. Bennett isn''t the same player as last season....shame and very sad.

Ok, so we go 4-4-2 - who''d you drop and bring on?

I say that because in the first half we looked by far the better team and Hoolahan was pulling the strings.

It''s not as clear cut as people are saying. Not to mention we had the same personnel last time out and they performed so much better. And people were banging on about how great they did.

Scharner should have been sent off, Webb chickened out.

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]This performance is just an absolute joke...I''m fuming...why not go 4-4-2 from the start...wigans defence was absolutely woeful...their defence literally wanted to give us the ball at times...but some of our players first touch was shocking...we looked slow...lethargic and just short of ideas. Bennett isn''t the same player as last season....shame and very sad.[/quote]

You''ll get called a ''Pantwetter'' by those in the ''we won''t go down camp'' with their head in the sand.

Lose next week and we could be right in the doo doo.

chicken wrote the following post at 2013-03-30 8:56 PM:

WIGAN play a three man defensive formation. It has been evident to all other prem managers his season (all other visiting sides have scored at Wigan this season) what tactics to play. Not HUGHTON!

I don''t know I''m just really worried about the end of the season and whether we will stay up. Camp should have stopped the goal...but to be honest the result was coming....when you have no shots on goal your asking for trouble..the trouble is this isn''t the first time we have had no shots on goal in the whole match!

If we didnt have attacking intent today then we should start bashing Barcelona and Spain for not attacking enought.

We didnt lack offensive approach. We lacked end result and long shots.

All this talk of 4 4 2 in nonsense, we would lose Hoolahan who is the only player that looks for the ball and makes things happen. What Hughton should have done after we went behind was to throw on 2 up front with Hoolahan behind them.

Have to agree a really poor performance, passing was shocking, high hopeful balls to no one in particular, very bad ball control. Pointless playing one up front with no support especially at Wigan.

Had we gone for the win I am sure we could have got something out of this game - this defensive type football, with a lack of ambition is drawing us closer to the relegation battle. What was the point of throwing on Becchio etc with just a couple of minutes to go I don''t think he even touched the ball!

Wigan are not a good team, but the sad fact was we looked at about their level. Just can''t see us scoring we look devoid of any ideas - what has happened to my team???

All we had to do is win agaist a very poor team its a simple task even there defence gifted us with chance''s and we could not turn them into goals same old norwich lack of attack and finishing if it was not for our defence we would be in the bottom 3

I think defensively we''ve been pretty good today and this season overall, unfortunately as good as Hughton is defensively so far this season I''ve seen nothing to sense that he has even the most basic ideas of to get anything like the best out of attacking players. If we stay up and i still think we will, we are going to need to sign really top players attacking wise who are able to bring on the attacking side of our game in spite of the managements approach.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]What''s the betting on Wiz making a return any time soon ? [:''(][/quote]

lol. I reckon he''s already under various different names from reading the other posts!

I rarely message on this board, as I dont want to waste my time, BUT I have to agree with you!!! Too negative, too boring, always hopeful for a draw, and its coming back to haunt us!!

Hughton can go and buy a big time striker, but it will make no difference!! We are not creating chances, we could have had Van Persie upfront today, and he wouldn''t have scored either!!

We are in trouble, and its Hughton''s fault!!!

Formation is not the problem!

It is the negativity of the way we play that is.  When changes were needed Hughton sat pat!  When all around him can see us losing control he does nothing to address it!

When the game is there for the taking we drop off and invite pressure.  This happens both home and away!

I''ve had enough of it!

We are now in a real scrap and on this form we are in trouble!

Doommonger? No just a realist!

I truly hope we can find a win next week! But I am sorry I won''t be holding my breath!

Snake

Where is the voice of relegation reason... the one and only Mr Ricardo? He will blind us with stats, based on this that and the other... all will be okay...WRONG!Wake up folks we are heading one way, unless this team grows some big ole bo11ocks quick sharp!

The problem is Swansea will want to get back to winning games...next week is massive...I do feel that the players don''t look good body language wise. I felt Jacob and josh murphy should have been available today...a bit of spark against a very poor Wigan team.

[quote user="City 2nd"]chicken wrote the following post at 2013-03-30 8:56 PM:

WIGAN play a three man defensive formation. It has been evident to all other prem managers his season (all other visiting sides have scored at Wigan this season) what tactics to play. Not HUGHTON![/quote]
You know nothing about tactics, do you?
A three man defence is ideal against 2 strikers as you have two men to mark and another spare to cover. If you play three against 1 striker, you have an overload in defence. Why not have that guy in midfield or upfront?
For most of the game today, Norwich controlled the midfield well precisely because Wigans 3-4-3 often meant we had the extra man in midfield, that''s why for large parts of the game we controlled the ball. Wigan started to perform well when they took of McManaman (winger) and brought on McArthur (midfielder). Wigans shape changed to a 3-4-1-1 with Maloney roaming and we suddenly lost that man advantage. That''s when Wigan started to create pressure. If Hughton had taken off Hoolahan for Tettey, dropped Johnson into a purely defensive holding role in a 4-1-4-1 we probably might''ve seen the game out. Hell, we probably still would''ve seen the game out if Camp hadn''t got beaten at the near post.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Where is the voice of relegation reason... the one and only Mr Ricardo? He will blind us with stats, based on this that and the other... all will be okay...WRONG!Wake up folks we are heading one way, unless this team grows some big ole bo11ocks quick sharp![/quote]Dry your eyes, we won''t go down.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Carra Rud"]Where is the voice of relegation reason... the one and only Mr Ricardo? He will blind us with stats, based on this that and the other... all will be okay...

WRONG!

Wake up folks we are heading one way, unless this team grows some big ole bo11ocks quick sharp!
[/quote]

Dry your eyes, we won''t go down.
[/quote]

But binners will be crying when we don''t go down.

If I was guest moderator I''d do something about it[;)]

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Where is the voice of relegation reason... the one and only Mr Ricardo? He will blind us with stats, based on this that and the other... all will be okay...

WRONG!

Wake up folks we are heading one way, unless this team grows some big ole bo11ocks quick sharp!
[/quote]

YOU ARE A BINNER AS THE DATE OF JOINING AND THE INBRED REFERENCE GIVE IT AWAY SCUMMER.[:@]

Ooohh, all the old faces are about this evening! Isn''t this exciting :] A good old fashioned Pinkun meltdown! Excuse me while I set up my deck chair and watch on in literal belly shaking amusement.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Carra Rud"]Where is the voice of relegation reason... the one and only Mr Ricardo? He will blind us with stats, based on this that and the other... all will be okay...WRONG! Wake up folks we are heading one way, unless this team grows some big ole bo11ocks quick sharp![/quote]

Dry your eyes, we won''t go down.[/quote]

But binners will be crying when we don''t go down  If I was guest moderator I''d do something about it[;)][/quote]

You just know our long lost friends will suddenly re-appear when we lose......

There''s been a shortage of ghouls lately! [;)]

2 points, from reading the first three posts.

1. There was attacking intent, we just weren''t very good in the box. There was lots of attacking intent in fact.

2. 4-4-2 is not an automatically attacking formation. You know nothing about how football works if you are so simple you think 4-4-2 is more attacking than 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 what ever it is. It''s about personal and tactics. You could play 5-4-1 and be very attacking. Got very little to do with the formation. Hoolahan is more attacking than Holt. And without Hoolahan our creativity is even more limited than it already is.

Before we went 1-0 down, most people were relatively happy with the performance.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]2 points, from reading the first three posts.

1. There was attacking intent, we just weren''t very good in the box. There was lots of attacking intent in fact.

2. 4-4-2 is not an automatically attacking formation. You know nothing about how football works if you are so simple you think 4-4-2 is more attacking than 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 what ever it is. It''s about personal and tactics. You could play 5-4-1 and be very attacking. Got very little to do with the formation. Hoolahan is more attacking than Holt. And without Hoolahan our creativity is even more limited than it already is.

Before we went 1-0 down, most people were relatively happy with the performance.[/quote]I would agree with that Ginge. Apart from a little 5 minute period we didn''t look in a lot of trouble. Wigan got a break with a bit of ping pong in midfield but on balance we ought to have got a point today. Sometimes it doesn''t go for you, the refereeing debacle at Sunderland shew that but I can''t see us not getting to 40 points.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Where is the voice of relegation reason... the one and only Mr Ricardo? He will blind us with stats, based on this that and the other... all will be okay...WRONG!Wake up folks we are heading one way, unless this team grows some big ole bo11ocks quick sharp![/quote]

YOU ARE A BINNER AS THE DATE OF JOINING AND THE INBRED REFERENCE GIVE IT AWAY SCUMMER.[:@]

[/quote]Sorry to offend all the happy clappers on here today. Having an "opinion" is of course obvious binner material... goes without saying lol

[quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Where is the voice of relegation reason... the one and only Mr Ricardo? He will blind us with stats, based on this that and the other... all will be okay...WRONG!Wake up folks we are heading one way, unless this team grows some big ole bo11ocks quick sharp![/quote]

[/quote]Sorry to offend all the happy clappers on here today. Having an "opinion" is of course obvious binner material... goes without saying lol

[/quote]Nobody minds you having an opinion, we are just pointing out the error of your logic.