Sign in to follow this  
the man

captain

i think nw should consider changing the captain again ,i think he should give the armband to francis who imo is by far the most consistant player in the team ,this would give nw the chance to drop fleming who imo has been average at best this season,this is just my opinion but i would like other peoples veiws.

I am all for dropping Fleming because I think he needs a rest.  If he is fit again soon I would give the captain''s armband to Charlton.

Helveg for Captain. Oooow controversial because no one likes him but there is a reason behind my rather crazy suggestion.

He is captain of Denmark who are, if I''m not mistaken, a fairly good team. I have also heard from a few scandinavian folk that he is one of the best leaders on Denmark for a while. They also say he''s not great at passing which we know, so maybe they are right about his leadership

The rel problem is that city dont have a true leader in the side since Iwan and Malky left.   Damo isnt yet consistent enough to have an impact and Charlie has had enough arguments on the pitch with Flem to show that the latter will not accept Charlie being captain well.

Perhaps we can do what they do on HIGNFY - have a different guest captain each week?

OTBC

What about Stuart as captain? i know he''s only been here a couple of weeks but he looks the sort of player who can organise the team well and lead by example. Watching him during the WBA game i noticed that at almost every interval he was talking with his team mates and tlling them what to do, i.e organising them. I think he could be the right man for the job given a bit more time to settle in. 

I was thinking about this over the weekend as it seems like both Doc and Flem need resting and I agree that Malky is badly missed for his organisation at the back. I honestly think that we would be better off had we have played Malky & Flem at centre back this year.

But what ifs don''t help.

I''ve heard so many different stories about the centre backs vs WBA. From what I heard on the radio it seemed like Flem went missing and Doc was a rock vs both Everton and WBA, if only that he hoofed the ball clear. Yet he cost us two goals. Flem is the captain and a club stalwart. The Guardian today says that Flem was good and Doc was poor... hmmn.  

Right now Helveg won''t be fit for Blackburn, guess he might make the bench but I can''t see him being thrust straight in. So that rules him out as a cb and/or captain.

Stuart is getting fitter I guess and could be a captain though he is new to the club and possibly still can only manage 80% of a game. I would let Francis get omn whith his game, no point risking a Drury style drop in form. Charlton might also make a good captain though we donät know how long he will be out.

So I would leave Flem in as captain and bring in Shackell for Doc vs Blackburn.

I also think that Saturday was further proof that Mackenzie is better coming off the bench than starting. I truly belive that Hucks & Ashton can form a lethal partnership as both are clever players, had Hucks scored vs. Everton from one of Ashton''s flick ons we''d all be saying what a team the two make. I still trust Hucks to finish more than McKenzie.

My team for Blackburn

Green
Edworthy Fleming Shackell Drury/Brennan
Jonson Francis Safri Stuart
Ashton Huckerby

Later on I would like to Helveg back in the team (not sure where though) and Svensson up front with Ashton and Hucks on left when playing at home. Hucks up front when away.

Nope ....... the only player  that should be captain is ...... Hucks  !!!   .............   he has been our most influential player  ,   has been most involved in  any goals we`ve scored , has survived the most evil tackles , and is STILL  doing the business  whilst all around him are  limping off with various injuries ....   Christ  ! ... he`s the ultimate professional !!!!  ..... give him the armband Worthy 

Not sure I''d give Hucks the armband - he''s too wrapped up in hois own game at times and wandering back on occasions doesn''t really set the leadership tone!

I have to agree though with regards to his professionalism - to see he''s the most fouled player in the Premiership (especially if you think about the tumbles etc that DON''t get given) and yet the guy is an ever present this season (I think he''s only been substituted once as well) says a HUGE amount about his commitment to the cause.