Sign in to follow this  
Herbert

time to get a grip...

before all the pantwetters start... YES we might get relegated, YES we have played poorly recently, YES we dont look likely to score goals BUT remember we have one of the weaker teams on paper in this league, and on paper we were always going to be in a relegation scrap this season.. time to get a grip, stop moaning and support the team. All of this moaning, negativity, talk of sacking the manager WILL get us relegated.

No... talking about something really won''t make something else happen. That is the stupidest thing ever. Stupid, really truly silly. Why do we have one of the weaker teams on paper? because you said so? How did you even reach that conclusion?! Jesus christ, you''ve made me mad. Not like, really mad. Just mad. Mad enough for me to tell you that you have in fact, made me mad. God damn!

ok.. let me put it another way you might understand... if I was supporting one of the other teams in the current relegation scrap I would be over the moon with the way some of the norwich fans are crumbling at the moment. If you really believe that moaning in forums and then taking this to the games doesnt have an impact on the performance of the team then you are wrong..your team needs your support more than ever..we are not a top half premiership side.. get a grip and help the team over the line

Talk won''t get us relegated!

Get a grip yourself!

Poor form, negative football and no goals WILL get us relegated!

We support our team, whole heartedly! It is why we are critical, it is because we care about what happens!

For us to be positive we need to see and feel positive towards what is going on on the pitch!

Snake

You like to say get a grip hey Herbert. I very much doubt our teams poor form is down to a few negative pink un posts. And one other thing,the games are played on the pitch not on paper.

Talk won''t get us relegated!

Get a grip yourself!

Poor form, negative football and no goals WILL get us relegated!We support our team, whole heartedly! It is why we are critical, it is because we care about what happens!

For us to be positive we need to see and feel positive towards what is going on on the pitch!

Snake

The most sensible post on this forum in months, well said snake.

[quote user="Herbert"]ok.. let me put it another way you might understand... if I was supporting one of the other teams in the current relegation scrap I would be over the moon with the way some of the norwich fans are crumbling at the moment. If you really believe that moaning in forums and then taking this to the games doesnt have an impact on the performance of the team then you are wrong..your team needs your support more than ever..we are not a top half premiership side.. get a grip and help the team over the line [/quote]Thanks for sharing... pointless but the thought was there...

valid point if you never go to watch your team.. but some people on here also go to matches and dont just live in forums... you are missing my point and are part of the problem that has poluted this message board over the last couple of seasons (and keeps most sane people away from here and the positive ones that remain under constant attack)... we are not Man Utd, look where we have come from over the last few years.. the level of moaning and nonense that is posted on here each week about the manager etc is amazing...there are a lot of spolit children on here who need to get a grip.. go the remaining games.. support your team... it does help and is all you can really do to help us stay in the league many of you think we have a god given right to be in...

thanks Carra Rud.. nice picture of your girlfriend next to your name by the way.. shes really hot...you''ve done well...

So ''erbert do you actually go to games?

Don''t think that just because someone is critical, that they just live on these boards, are couch supporters and know nothing about the game!

Some of us have actually competed at a high level in sport, are season ticket holders and are not totally delusional!

The negativity has not been created by the fans, but by the team and manager!

Self motivation and support is all that you need to perform! Poor performance happens for two reasons. One you are simply not good enough or two are are not prepared/self motivated enough!

ATM I am unsure which it is at the club, but I am leaning towards the formaer rather than the latter.  I may be wrong! All I do know is that we are in trouble, the performances have not been good for a long time (inc Sunderland!) and if we follow our form over the last 4 months we will get relegated.

I truly believe if the team actually goes out and really pressurises the opposition more and attack with more numbers we will get more positive results! It is not negative to feel this!

My feelings won''t change how the team plays, only the players and the Manager can do that! It''s called self accountability!

Snake

Yes, I have been going to watch Norwich for 32 years, but my point isnt that people who dont go to games dont have a valid point of view... What I am saying is that some people on here are working themselves into a ''negative frenzy'' and will then take that to the next game which isnt going to help get the results we need. Trying to conjure up that positivity and support whilst ignoring the mistakes that have been made this season is clearly a tough ask for some people on here. That is all I have been trying to say in this thread. I also think that we have the right manager in charge and with some new players added to the team we will have a great season next year.. but that is irrelevant to my original post [;)]

Being critical is not a negative frenzy!

That is why we have forums like this to air those concerns! I will cheer the team on along with    My father and my son!  I will support them til the day I die, however not only do I reserve the right to be critical I refuse to bury my head in the sand when clearly things are not right!

This seems to be the norm these days with everything in football and life!

I will be singing and cheering as loud as ever next weekend! Because I am a supporter through and through!

I just hope I get to see the team give it their all again and excite the crowd behind them, because recently their has been little to cheer!

Snake [:@]

Spent a decade in the 80s with a season ticket in the River End Upper and the chap in front of me every match used to shout "get a grip City". Always made me smile although often we did indeed fail to get a grip, the Stringer side of the late 80s excepted!